Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dashboard gone

Regular Vistor

dashboard gone

The other day I had my dashboard but then I went to check it the next day its gone. I have the header at the top but that's it. No windows with anything at all. I went through all of them one by one to see if something happened to just one of them and nothing. Anyone have a clue how to get it back.

NSI Member
    I'm having trouble with Dashboard 1 and 3 showing up for some reason. I did a search and found another thread saying to read the first two stickies on this page. http://forum.neptunesystems.com/foru...Apex-Dashboard.

Regular Vistor
    This is what I get when I open it up on my computer.
    dashboard3_zps908b5724.png
    I can go to all of the settings parts at the top but everything else is gone. I sent a email to Neptune asking for help and they just said clear your internet cash. Done that and still nothing.

Frequent Contributor
    When was the last time that you updated your firmware and Web pages?

Jon

Regular Vistor
    What really sucks is I just got my AFS today and I cant even hook it up with out it working right.

Frequent Contributor iamchadster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1fishkeeper View Post
    This is what I get when I open it up on my computer.
    dashboard3_zps908b5724.png
    I can go to all of the settings parts at the top but everything else is gone. I sent a email to Neptune asking for help and they just said clear your internet cash. Done that and still nothing.
    first of all have you saved your configuration? If no then do so. Then simplest would be updating the firmware again and make sure you update the web pages. I assume you are on the most recent firmware.
    Chad

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by jonmos75 View Post
    When was the last time that you updated your firmware and Web pages?

Jon
    About two weeks ago when I got it hooked up and going.

Jon beats me by a nose!

- - - Updated - - -

Silly as it sounds try it again and make sure you update the webpages.
    Chad

Regular Vistor
    should I click all of them on the save configuration?

Frequent Contributor
    Have you tried to clear your IE browser cache?
    Have you tried on a different web browser like Firefox or Chrome?

Jon

Regular Vistor
    Yes I did it today and even did a computer restart thinking that might make sure everything was done. I might have to give one of them a try.

should I click all of them on the save configuration?
    Yes, you will click on each one and click save. This will create a file that if needed can be called upon again to restore your programs/outlets etc. Very good idea to back up your apex EVERYTIME you do an update or major change just for events like this. Once you flash the firmware again, your controller is going to reboot. My hunch is that this will get you back up again. The same thing happened to me about a week ago and this is how I fixed mine.
    Chad

Regular Vistor
    Done but I am about ready to take a bat to this thing its making me so mad. I really needed to use it today to turn off some pumps when I was working on the tank. I had to unplug them. Even for some reason the controller wouldn't even work at turning them off on that.

Quote Originally Posted by iamchadster View Post
    Yes, you will click on each one and click save.
    No, this is not correct. The check-boxes are only used to select everything or to optionally, to selectively restore certain parts of the backed-up configuration. They have no effect whatsoever on the Save process.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    No, this is not correct. The check-boxes are only used to select everything or to optionally, to selectively restore certain parts of the backed-up configuration. They have no effect whatsoever on the Save process.
    Oh, so you don't need to check all for the entire config to save, but you do to restore certain parts. I guess that makes sense kind of like a failsafe. I was just used to telling it to save everthing. but good to know now for future use.
    Chad

Regular Vistor
    I don't know but I am about ready to rip this thing out and sale it. It has been nothing but problems for me. I feel so much better just using power strips and timers after all of the problems that I have been having.

I don't know but I am about ready to rip this thing out and sale it. It has been nothing but problems for me. I feel so much better just using power strips and timers after all of the problems that I have been having.
    I know it can be frustrating, we will try to talk you off the ledge here. Trust me, once you get it up and running you will never go back. Have you tried the above?
    Chad

You should have a Help item on the menu bar if you've updated to the latest firmware, but do not. The lack of that menu item on the Dashboard screen shot you posted indicates that you probably did not update the webpages when you updated the firmware. It's a two-step process - update the firmware first, then update the web pages.

Go to the Configuration>Network setup page and look at the bottom. What is the listed firmware version? (it looks like this: 4.31_3B14 )
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

NSI Member
    It took me over a month to get my 24 outlets, six switches and eight variable dimming ports programmed and dialed in. Once its done you will be very happy.

My dashboard is only one small part of this whole package.

Regular Vistor
    I just cut and copied it from there I am running 4.31_3B14 firmware version.

I just cut and copied it from there I am running 4.31_3B14 firmware version.
    Ok, that's the latest. Did you do the web page update after you did the firmware update? And if you did, did all files upload successfully?

Regular Vistor
    I cant remember if I did or didn't this has been going on for almost a week now. To update the webpage do you just have to close it and reopen it? Sorry computers are not my thing.

Run the Apex Flash Utility - the program you used to update the firmware. Then click the Update Web Pages button.

The full instructions are here: http://www.neptunesystems.com/firmware/ I'm guessing you missed Step 7.

NSI Member
    You might also try looking in your unused tool bar in edit mode. For some reason all the tiles for my dashboard were stored as if I cleared the scream in edit mode on my dash board.

It sounds like your problem might be more serious though.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by Trido View Post
    You might also try looking in your unused tool bar in edit mode. For some reason all the tiles for my dashboard were stored as if I cleared the scream in edit mode on my dash board.

It sounds like your problem might be more serious though.
    That was one of the first places I looked. I was hoping that some how they got moved there by mistake.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast