Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: EcoTech support response to Radion 1.7.4 firmware problem

With radion firmware 1.6.10 , you will miss fallback mode , and lightning effect. Yes it is true : latest radion can be downgrade to the previous firmware version : i have done it many time to fixtures belonging to my local reef club fellow who were experiencing this disconnection issue .

Alain

Quote Originally Posted by mab349 View Post
    My belief is that this will harm EcoTech because they became popular by technically inclined aquarists recommending their products. I know I won't be doing that anymore until it is fixed. You're better off with other companies solutions now.

I disagree. Ecotech is providing the radio chip and the firmware for the WXM module. The only way that Neptune could possibly do something is if they develop their own firmware for the radio chip, which I imagine would be a tall order. I do agree that Neptune should pull their Apex Ready certification because clearly they're not supporting it properly.
    I see it as them passing the buck for those very reasons. "oh, we get this from EcoTech so we can't do anything about it." They can do something about. Tell them to fix it or stop using the apex ready designator. This crap about accepting EcoTech's response that it is not a high priority is just that - crap. They can put more pressure on them than the user base.

I think Ecotech for now does not have the will to fix this : there is tons of problem with reef link too , and they must be trying to get it to work properly , many local reefer here after seeing the WXM problem decide to get a reef link , however after trying to get it to work properly with ESL , they had decide to get a WXM because esl is writing the program for radions and vortech , and ESL server are at most problematic to begin with , then this program is written into radion and pump. So no ESL and No program can be change or written . I prefer do my thing locally here in my own network and not trust a company that cannot fix their own stuff ( Ecotech ) . Apex has a proven technology that work . I am not sure about Ecotech .

Alain

Frequent Contributor
    I just wanted to check back in here with you guys and let you know that from our end, we are doing everything we can to resolve this.

At this point, we are waiting for EcoTech.

For now we are not pulling the official Apex Ready designation because we understand that bugs do happen and that sometimes it takes time to work it out.

Hang in there and keep letting EcoTech know that this is important to you.

EcoTech support response to Radion 1.7.4 firmware problem

Quote Originally Posted by fmjets11 View Post
    I talked to them but they did not indicate if they were even working on a fix. In their mind the fix is the old firmware I believe. Sad for Ecotech...

I get it about ESL and reeflink but the problem I have is that I bought wxm, used it for 2 weeks, a new firmware came out and broke it. I should have just bought reeflink I guess.
    Last week i spoke again with ecotech support and this is the basic response i got from them : use 1.6.10 . when i mentionned to them that i am losing fonctionnality to have a reliable system : they didnt seem to care much about as i was told : if you want all the fonctionnality get a reef link !

Alain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Alain

Regular Vistor
    Terence,
    I for one, appreciate you updating us.

Can you comment if EcoTech has acknowledged that the issue is their's to solve at all? And if so, have they committed to finding a resolution or simply a "we're working on it"?

I too understand that all software contains bugs, and that it takes time to fix them. I think that many people here just feel like EcoTech is brushing the issue off in favor of their own problems. Which I understand, so long as they have made a commitment to circle back to us.

Brian

Frequent Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewhite4 View Post
    Can you comment if EcoTech has acknowledged that the issue is their's to solve at all? And if so, have they committed to finding a resolution or simply a "we're working on it"?
    All I know is that they said they would look into at some point. I have no insight on when or how this issue fits into their overall engineering priority.

I am coming on here only to let you all know where things stand for our point of view. You should ask EcoTech in regards to the timeline of them getting to it.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by Terence View Post
    All I know is that they said they would look into at some point. I have no insight on when or how this issue fits into their overall engineering priority.

I am coming on here only to let you all know where things stand for our point of view. You should ask EcoTech in regards to the timeline of them getting to it.
    I too appreciate you coming here to update us. That said, if it is true that Ecotech sells you the radios that are used in the WXM module, then that is increasingly unacceptable. Asking users to voice concern to a supplier to fix a problem, IMO, is not the answer. At the end of the day, your customers/users are the ones suffering the consequences. I, for example, only recently purchased the WXM as a means to control my Radions via Fusion. Very cool concept...except my radions drop out pretty frequently. My choices are to downgrade and lose functionality or to simply not use the WXM. Time for a "come to Jesus" meeting with the execs from your respective companies! As stated previously, it is mutually beneficial to ensure functionality / compatibility.

New User
    For now skipped ecotech for pumps and ordered 2 Jaebo wp40 with dual controller for under 200. Life is too short for playing games.

Frequent Visitor
    I am now almost ready to order my 3 Radion light units but am going to hold off spending almost 2000 pounds on lights that I can't use to the full. I have emailed Ecotech marine regarding the issue which I feel they have created, to what end I'm unsure. I clearly stated that I will be holding back on my purchase until this issue is resolved. I'm sorry but I don't see why we have to settle for less than full control. As far as I am concerned Ecotech need to sort this and fast! I'll let you all know what they tell me.
    Everyone is good at something and there are those that are good at everything.

EcoTech support response to Radion 1.7.4 firmware problem

I guess they will reply : get a reef link !

Alain

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by alainb600 View Post
    I guess they will reply : get a reef link !

Yes that what I am thinking they will say but it's not going to work

When they find that they might be loosing a lot of sales cuz of this they might react and consider this issue to be a serious one .Something is very wrong with ecotech regarding this .

Alain

Frequent Visitor
    I totally agree with you. Well they won't be getting my cash until they do something about it. I'm in no hurry as there is nothing wrong with my current lighting apart from that I want to upgrade it.

Have you consider other brands ?

Alain

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by alainb600 View Post
    Have you consider other brands ?

To be fair 'no' as I always planned on the Radions as I already have Ecotech pumps and the WXM.

I am curious about the answer they will give you !!

Alain

Regular Vistor
    I am wondering what Mr. Saltwatertank (Mark Callahan) thoughts on this are, as he is a great proponent of the Apex System ('Single best purchase he ever made'), and is always promoting the Radion/Ecotech Capabilities, he might be a good voice for this issue, as he has a lot of followers, and would bring some visibility to this issue.

I think it's time to start an EcoTech replacement thread, I thought they would come to their senses by now and at least say they would fix their firmware at some future date. I just bought a pair of Jebao WP-25's and am very impressed with them and their 1/4 the cost of MP10's next step is to wire them to my Apex, anyone have any LED recommendations?

"Buy a ReefLink" is not even close to an acceptable solution and I agree with KarlyBoy that maybe now is the time to start making this more visible to the rest of the reefing community

I will bring this matter to the ecotech forum on RC very soon , i hope to have support from you guys over there !

Alain

Alain

Frequent Visitor
    Just got a reply and have attached it!
    Attached Images Attached Images

This is the exact one everybody is using to downgrade their radions , there is nothing new about this . They are just not taking care of the problem . Using this will keep your radions from disconnecting however many fonctionnality are lost along the way . I believe they dont intend to take care of this problem . They seem more interested in selling their reef link . I already send them another comment about this when i woke up this morning . Let's see what they will reply to mine .

Alain

Quote Originally Posted by Darren_co View Post
    I am now almost ready to order my 3 Radion light units but am going to hold off spending almost 2000 pounds on lights that I can't use to the full. I have emailed Ecotech marine regarding the issue which I feel they have created, to what end I'm unsure. I clearly stated that I will be holding back on my purchase until this issue is resolved. I'm sorry but I don't see why we have to settle for less than full control. As far as I am concerned Ecotech need to sort this and fast! I'll let you all know what they tell me.
    Seeing their answer that they had send you recently it is pretty obvious that they dont really care about this : Basicly they are telling you to downgrade your new radions to get them to work with a radio chip that they are supplying Neptune with . What a shame for Ecotech !

Alain

Frequent Visitor
    I think it's time to start an EcoTech replacement thread, I thought they would come to their senses by now and at least say they would fix their firmware at some future date. I just bought a pair of Jebao WP-25's and am very impressed with them and their 1/4 the cost of MP10's next step is to wire them to my Apex, anyone have any LED recommendations?

"Buy a ReefLink" is not even close to an acceptable solution and I agree with KarlyBoy that maybe now is the time to start making this more visible to the rest of the reefing community
    EcoSmartLive is what drove me to Apex in the first place. It's no surprise that their policy on this is to ignore this issue. I suspect part of their motivation is they just don't have a clue on how to fix it.

I think that their reef link and wxm are incompatible to some extend : by this i mean that to get wxm to work reliably a special version of firmware is needed and the same with reef link . it 's all started to go wrong when they had release 1.7.4 most likely at the time to interact better with their little "toy" . I also think that ecotech are perfectly aware of this problem but for now they are not ready to admit that they have no clues on how to fix it .

Alain

PS : They are pretty good at making pumps and fixtures , they should stick to that and leave the others stuffs for the BIG BOY !

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast