Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Camera question

Regular Vistor

Camera question

I have a d-link ip camera wireless how to I get to my dashboard for for apex I am not very good on computers, thanks

I moved this thread from the Website Info area to the appropriate sub-forum.

See the stickies at the top of this sub-forum for guidance on making your camera visible in the Dashboard. If you find you need further assistance, be sure to let us know the model of the D-Link camera.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

If its the same as mine, it is this. Assuming ip address is 192.168.1.100 and port is 1234

Http://192.168.1.100:1234/mjpeg.cgi

If that doesnt work post up the model number and we can help you find it.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life, and you can PROVE it mathematically.

Regular Vistor
    I have a delink dcs-5020L. I have no idea what to put in for the local URL and remote URL I have the camera working on my computer but nothing with the apex or fusion site, sorry I am really dumb with computer stuff, any help would be great. Thanks

Thats the same as mine. Use what I put above, but change the ip address and port to match what you have set up for yours. Local ip address is the one you use in your house. Remote ip address is you dynamic dns hostname (if you have one) or you can find it using whats my ip.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life, and you can PROVE it mathematically.

Regular Vistor
    So do I put the like you have in the remote address and how do I find my local address?

Replace ip address with address and port from this page of the setup

For remote use the same ip address you use for the apex to connect outside of your house, but use the port shown on the pic above

Regular Vistor
    Thanks for all your help, I did try everything you said but still no luck. But again thank you I keep working on it it must be something simply I am missing, have a great easter

Regular Vistor
    So here is what I have
    local URL; http://192.168.111:1111/mpg.cgi
    remote URL; http://192.168.1.3.1111/mpg.cgi

and still nothing can you help me please

Those URLs are not right - the last part should be /mjpeg.cgi

Is the IP address of the camera actually 192.168.1.111?

The IP address you have for the Remote URL is definitely not right. But for now let's focus on getting local access working.

Post screen shots if you can.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmark View Post
    So here is what I have
    local URL; http://192.168.111:1111/mpg.cgi
    remote URL; http://192.168.1.3.1111/mpg.cgi

and still nothing can you help me please
    Post a screenshot of the network setup page for your camera. The remote url is definately not right and the ending part is jmpeg.cgi not mpg.cgi. Check your remote ip by typing whats my ip in google and click the first result. Dont post that number on here since you dont want somebody to be able to access your network that sees this thread.

Regular Vistor

Local URL: http://192.168.1.111:1111/img/video.mjpeg

Remote URL: http://192.168.1.3:1111/img/video.mjpeg

© 2005-13 Neptune Systems

Set Video URL

Local Remote
    Save

Regular Vistor
    Product: DCS-5020L Firmware version: 1.03

Network Setup

You can configure your LAN and Internet settings here.
    lan settings

DHCP Connection Static IP Address PPPoE
    IP Address
    Subnet Mask
    Default Gateway
    User ID
    Password
    Primary DNS
    Secondary DNS

Port settings

HTTP Port

UPnP SETTINGS

UPnP Enable Disable
    UPnP Port Forwarding Enable Disable

BONJOUR SETTINGS

Bonjour Enable Disable
    Bonjour Name (Characters you may use in a Bonjour Name: "upper or lower case letters", "numbers" and "hyphens".)
    Helpful Hints..

Select "DHCP Connection" if you are running a DHCP server on your network and would like an IP address assigned to your camera automatically. You may choose to manually enter a Static IP Address and all the relevant network information or select PPPoE if you connect your DCS-5020L directly to the Internet that uses a PPPoE service. If you choose PPPoE you must enter the user ID and password that was given by your Internet Service Provider.

DNS (Domain Name System) server is an Internet service that translates domain names (i.e. www.dlink.com) into IP addresses (i.e. 192.168.0.20). The IP addresses can be obtained from your ISP.
    - Primary DNS: Primary domain name server that translates names to IP addresses.
    - Secondary DNS: Secondary domain name server to backup the primary one.

Port Settings - Most ISPs do not open port 80 (a DCS-5020L default video transfer port) for their residential customers, the DCS-5020L has the ability to use a different port by enabling the second http port for its video streaming. Any unused ports can be used such as port 800, 801, etc. Remember that if the DCS-5020L is behind a router, you will need to forward that port to the DCS-5020L's IP Address. When accessing the camera, you would need to type the camera's IP Address followed by the colon character and the port number (for example http://192.168.0.20:800).

UPnP Settings will allow you to configure your camera as an UPnP device in the network.

Bonjour provides a simple way of discovering various services on your camera.

Copyright 2012 - 2014, D-Link Corporation / D-Link Systems, Inc. All rights reserved.

Im not seeing a static ip address listed in that page. Is DHCP enabled? If so, check the box that says static ip address. Your ip address needs to have the first 3 sets match your router exactly and the last one can be whatever number you want. In my case since my routers IP was 192.168.1.0, I set an IP address of 192.168.1.111 so it was easy to remember. Your router might use 192.168.0.0, so you could use something like 192.168.0.111 if that is the case. Set the port is this page to something you will remember, but should ideally be a number between 1024 and 8092.

Regular Vistor
    The static is checked and when I do this my router does not let me back into the setup to look at it

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmark View Post
    The static is checked and when I do this my router does not let me back into the setup to look at it
    Make sure the first 3 match the first three of your router. Thats usually the culprit when you router wont let you in.

Regular Vistor
    ok I have the right url I think it works when I go to yahoo to log into it and the right outgoing url I think because it ask me for mye user name and password and when I do that I still do not get a video on my dashboard so here is what I have
    incoming url http://192.168.1.111:1111/mjpeg.cgi
    out going url http://71.82.xxx.xx:1111/mjpeg.cgi
    the x's are regular numbers but I do not want everyone to see them, anything else I can do?

Try deleting your temporary internet files and cookies.

Regular Vistor
    That did not do it either

Does it work if you access your apex dashboard remotely? Using the same thing you show for outgoing, but with the port you use for the apex.

Regular Vistor
    No nothing

I forgot to bring this up earlier, but if you havent done so already, add the camera to your allowed port forwarded devices in your router setup.

Regular Vistor
    In my router setup where do I find the allowed ports that can be forwarded?

What type of router?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast