Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Foscam FI9821W / FI9802W Dashboard Video - New info / MJPEG Output - Still Crashes Apex Dash

Regular Vistor
    Thanks. That's correct. I figured it out. I got it to work for a little while. Then it stopped again. I gave up. The foscam app is way clearer and easier to use.

New User
    Hi there

I just bougt a Foscam 9831. It works perfectly on pc/mac (also outside my own network) because of this topic I got a problem with tablets and smartphones. I cant get a feed on anything. I have tried Samsung Galaxy S5, Samsung Tab 10.1, iPhone 5 and iPad. Any suggestions?

Cheers

Regular Vistor
    i just received a FI9821W V2 for father's day and trying to fgure it out. Well, reading all this thread and trying just about everyting... i can acces the feed outside of the apex and it works great but none of the tiny url works for me in the dashbord or in fusion. suck and lost a much time for nothing it seems tonight. this should definatly be noted somewhere what camera are supported instead of some random post all over the various forum and my wife would have gotten me something that works.

Love you guys at Neptune but you have some issued letting people know what work, what doesn't and what new (like in fusion) instead of letting people wonder and find things on their own...

I agree there are some growing pains in the integration and setup. Even in fusion. However, these cameras have been proven to work. I have the new 960p version, and it ports to mjpeg stream like the previous models.

As far as your issue is concerned, have you tried a different url shortening service? I have only used http://goo.gl and it has worked fine. Once the large urls have been tested. As working.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor
    Yep tried both too.gl and tinyurl. I get the correct response for the first query to setup the mjpeg stream. Then the address with my IP provider start the download of the stream in ie11. Tried the small URL and same result so so far so good. But when I use that last URL in the dashboard ( local and outside ), it either show a x ( like broken image ) or the can feed control reset and is removed from my dashboard. Doesn't work in fusion either.

Might try with chime today and see if the trouble is with the browser. Ecotech live wizard have some serious issue here with IE11 but using chome , everything works...

Quote Originally Posted by locke_333 View Post
    i just received a FI9821W V2 for father's day and trying to fgure it out. Well, reading all this thread and trying just about everyting... i can acces the feed outside of the apex and it works great but none of the tiny url works for me in the dashbord or in fusion. suck and lost a much time for nothing it seems tonight. this should definatly be noted somewhere what camera are supported instead of some random post all over the various forum and my wife would have gotten me something that works.

Love you guys at Neptune but you have some issued letting people know what work, what doesn't and what new (like in fusion) instead of letting people wonder and find things on their own...
    If you've seen my previous threads and posts related to my FI9826W, I remain in a similar position to you. It works fine with browsers, but even with the MJPEG stream and using 2 different shortening services, it does not work with Fusion at this stage, so I gave up and just use another browser window or in the case with my iPhone and iPad, use a cam app that works perfectly and provides more capabilities than Fusion should or would likely ever try to pursue. I think part of the issue with at least my cam not working has to do with length of the true full URL (not the shortened one) being longer than Neptune supports with the native interface or maybe even via Fusion, and/or be sure you're not using any special characters that may be supported by the camera for username/passwords, but seem to always be problematic with the Apex. If you go beyond basic upper/lower case alpha, numerics 0-9, dash and underscore, odd things are likely to occur as parsing at user entry of a field isn't consistently done to prevent errors later on.

...and I agree with you on documentation. including the need to create a sticky or better-yet as part of online help within Fusion of proven-to-work cams with both the native and Fusion interfaces. Ongoing Neptune mgmt approach is much more "build new capabilities, put it out there, and let people explore and find the new features on their own". I truly believe Neptune's mgmt thinks that is fun or good for their marketing strategy, but not me. Fusion is starting to have some online help, but most documentation comes much later and does not appear maintaining currency isn't a priority either, so, discovery and problems are found over and over even by those that are willing to read. Trying to keep up with this forum on a daily basis is not something most users should be expected to do, and I'm sure don't. At least one recent post I read by a potential customer is exactly along those lines, and if they had not created an account and posted here, they would have had the wrong impression of Apex and Fusion capabilities because of outdated documentation sent with the hardware and still being maintained online at the official site. ...sorry, as much as I love my Apex and Neptune's customer support, this has become my biggest bug-a-boo I suppose, since as a new programmer 40-some-odd-years-ago, it was a condition of my continued employment to maintain internal and user program documentation with all coding I did, so it was drummed into me back in my formative years as something basic, and is always "just done". Times and situations change, so I perhaps shouldn't live in the dark ages with my expectations.
    Bert

Quote Originally Posted by locke_333 View Post
    Yep tried both too.gl and tinyurl. I get the correct response for the first query to setup the mjpeg stream. Then the address with my IP provider start the download of the stream in ie11. Tried the small URL and same result so so far so good. But when I use that last URL in the dashboard ( local and outside ), it either show a x ( like broken image ) or the can feed control reset and is removed from my dashboard. Doesn't work in fusion either.

Might try with chime today and see if the trouble is with the browser. Ecotech live wizard have some serious issue here with IE11 but using chome , everything works...
    Yes, there seem to be more limitations if you use IE -- online Fusion Help tends to elude to that as do previous threads from folks trying their cams when the new support was introduced. Chrome seems a good thing to try, or even Firefox since you're in the Windows world.
    Bert

New User
    Mine works without any shortening services ?
    All configuration is done thru firefox.

Bert, what does the integrated documentation within the Media setup have to say about IE?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by alb View Post
    Bert, what does the integrated documentation within the Media setup have to say about IE?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Since my cam does not work yet, I don't have the media tile on my dashboard after having played with it after it was updated a few weeks back with the new video capabilities, but if you move it there, then go to its settings, then click the ? in the upper right corner, the help for media can be found there. IIRC, one of the references made there is to THIS page that describes multimedia capabilities of browsers. I'll let readers draw their own conclusions as to what is and is not possible so I don't misrepresent something, but the article was a pretty interesting read for me as to what capabilities are available in each browser and therefore what apps like Fusion may be constrained with based on what browser a user elects to use. (I personally use Safari most of the time, but always try Chrome now before reporting a possible Neptune issue, and keep Firefox installed in case I want to give that a go as well when doing problem determination.)
    Bert

Regular Vistor
    small update, tried with chrome last night and small change on both fusion and dashboard, the feed does show up for like 0.5 seconds on both before shuting down to a broken link. i'll give a shot to Firefox tonight and see if there's any hope.

Regular Vistor
    Funny thing happened, i connected to my Dashboard with Firefox and the feed works for 18 seconds with the tiny url up for 0.5 sec in chrome. Didn't have time to mess around much and later last night, i had to connect to fusion and the Stream now works in fusion on my adroid phone... kind of random hit and miss...

The cameras can't in general support an unlimited number of simultaneous connections, so the more places you try to hit if from, the more random hit and miss it'll look.

Regular Vistor
    I just got my foscam working on Fusion Dashboard in Firefox. Works great in firefox, doesn't work in Safari. Long URLS and Short Urls for the stream work in safari, just not video. FYI.

Regular Vistor
    Thanks Nore I hooked up my Foscam I9826W and used the goo.gl which worked great. Works both on fusion and apex site.....delighted

I have been trying to keep up with this thread to determine what IP camera is the best to use for my apex and well.... I still don't know lol. I do know I am going to purchase 2, one for the display and one for the sump. So is there a camera that "does it all" and works without any problems with the apex? Or are we still in the testing "hit and miss" phase

Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    Gusher, Can only speak for the Foscam I9826W which I selected after looking through quite a few. It has HD, zoom and tilt facilities and is relatively easy to set up. It has dual streams and for Apex one has to be set to MJPeg which is straight forward and then by using a URL shortner it works perfectly through Chrome. I wll also be adding a second to my external sump room.

Thank! I guess I should have added that I do everything threw my cell or tablet. Can it be viewed on the dashboard using Chrome on a cell phone? Using Samsung S5 and Tab3. The Tab3 is great for programming the apex btw.

Regular Vistor
    Yeah shows up great on Samsung Note 3 so would think the same for the S5

Can someone look at the specs of this camera and see if it's compatible with our apex please. It uses MJPG and dual band which I like. https://www.samsungsmartcam.com/web/ thank you.

Frequent Visitor
    locke did you ever get your 9821 connected? I am trying to do the same thing and I am looking for someone who has theirs working in fusion.

Frequent Visitor
    Nevermind, I figured it out thx to aqua

Regular Vistor
    Well, here goes nothing than :P

still doesn't want to play nice with IE11 but since it's mostly on my phone that it matter and it's an android with chrome and it works on it. i stopped looking into this problem for my PC, i just acces the cam.

New User
    Hi guys

I'm new here and I do really need help.

I'm using foscam F18910W, and can access the camera from home, but when I'm out of the home I can't view my camera for example my work or a friend home. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I really need help ASAP, as I'm going to travel for a long trip.

What should I put on my Local URL and Remote URL

Thanks for the help.

Regular Vistor
    Please explain to me how youre putting in a local and a remote access it seems i can only put in one url ?? Cause i think from what i inderstand i need to put in a local ans a remote access can u explain that some please !

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast