Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Controller screen is lit up but blank

Frequent Visitor

Controller screen is lit up but blank

So I am so frustrated with this apex. I was in fusion I can access it online but can not control any switches when I turn the switch off nothing happens. So I go to my controller display nothing happens. Lately when I do go to the controller it does this but usually at some point reacts and starts working. Yesterday I got nothing at all except the normal display but never reacted to any buttons. So I unplugged it from the eb8 and now I just get a lit up blank screen? Any help?

Email them. They are always fast to respond and are able to get things working. We could go threw the "did you unlock the buttons in fusion" stuff but since it is not responding after you unplugged it I would contact tech support. They are awesome! Now that I have said that watch someone chim in with a paperclip trick that fixes the world lol.

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    Thanks for the reply. I was able to get back on fusion but the display is still useless. I guess I will get with customer service tomorrow.

You can try to force a firmware upgrade to the display module. Sometimes that works.

Via the Module SEtup web page, select your display module from the dropdown list. Then select 'update firmware'. You should see a brief % complete display at the bottom.
    Al

I do not work for Neptune. Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums!
    For Neptune support send an email (don't call) to: [email protected] .
    Manuals for all products including the
    Comprehensive Reference Manual can be found here.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by aquamanic View Post
    You can try to force a firmware upgrade to the display module. Sometimes that works.

Via the Module SEtup web page, select your display module from the dropdown list. Then select 'update firmware'. You should see a brief % complete display at the bottom.
    Pretty cpu slow so bare with me. Do I unhook the ethernet cable from my gaming adapter and plug in to the laptop or do I use a usb cable from laptop to the controller? Thanks

No, you do that using the web interface, on the Module setup page. Leave the Apex connected to your network as it is normally. The display firmware is sent from the Apex base unit to the display. You just initiate that process using the web interface

NEVER connect a USB device or computer to an Apex AquaBus port. AquaBus may look like USB, but it is not USB.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    No, you do that using the web interface, on the Module setup page. Leave the Apex connected to your network as it is normally. The display firmware is sent from the Apex base unit to the display. You just initiate that process using the web interface

NEVER connect a USB device or computer to an Apex AquaBus port. AquaBus may look like USB, but it is not USB.
    I always thought that about the usb that is why I asked.

So how do I get to the apex interface module?

Frequent Visitor
    Any help getting to the web interface? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ssjd2000 View Post
    Any help getting to the web interface? Thanks
    Is there an issue with that too? You've been in it - you had to have been in it to link the Apex to Fusion. Use the IP address of the Apex in your web browser address bar.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    Is there an issue with that too? You've been in it - you had to have been in it to link the Apex to Fusion. Use the IP address of the Apex in your web browser address bar.
    I do not know what the web address is the display does not work so I can not access it....

At this point your best bet is to get with support and let them sort it out.
    Al

I do not work for Neptune. Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums!
    For Neptune support send an email (don't call) to: [email protected] .
    Manuals for all products including the
    Comprehensive Reference Manual can be found here.

I do not know what the web address is the display does not work so I can not access it....
    If using a Windows, try http://apex.

You can use the Apex Browse utility to see the current IP address. It came on the CDROM if one came with your Apex, or it can be downloaded.

Mac: www.neptunesystems.com/ApexBrowse_mac.zip
    Windows: www.neptunesystems.com/ApexBrowse_pc.zip

Frequent Visitor
    If using a Windows, try http://apex.

You can use the Apex Browse utility to see the current IP address. It came on the CDROM if one came with your Apex, or it can be downloaded.

Mac: www.neptunesystems.com/ApexBrowse_mac.zip
    Windows: www.neptunesystems.com/ApexBrowse_pc.zip
    The apex one doesn't work I have tried it a few times. I will try the other Windows option thanks!

Frequent Visitor
    So I found the ip address but it is asking for the username and password and of course I forgot it....always something.

Frequent Visitor
    Actually I figured it out!

Make sure you connect ethernet directly from your apex to your computer for firmware updates. I noticed you said you use a gaming adapter and wireless firmware updates end up giving you corrupt data 9 time out of 10.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can PROVE it mathematically.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    Make sure you connect ethernet directly from your apex to your computer for firmware updates. I noticed you said you use a gaming adapter and wireless firmware updates end up giving you corrupt data 9 time out of 10.

Will do thank you!

Frequent Visitor
    Ok so after a few hours of wanting to break stuff I finally got to the point where I can do the firmware update and when I hit update the display goes black and at the bottom of the web page it says firmware update will start in 10 seconds but nothing happens? Any ideas? Thanks

Frequent Visitor
    Also since I logged in yesterday somehow my apex is now on a different ip even though I didn't change it so my fusion is no longer working?

Also since I logged in yesterday somehow my apex is now on a different ip even though I didn't change it so my fusion is no longer working?
    In the Apex Network setup page, disable DHCP, then change the list part of the address to .100. For example, if the current address is 192.168.1.9, make it 192.168.1.100. Click the Update Network Settings button. The page will not reload - your browser will still be trying to use the old address. Put the new address in your browser address bar and bookmark it or add to Favorites. The IP address will not change again unexpectedly.

".. a different ip even though I didn't change it so my fusion is no longer working?" Is this a statement or a question? Are you saying that Fusion isn't working for you? If so, in what way is it not working?

Frequent Visitor
    Ok so after messing with it some more I got the ip correct. Somehow the last two numbers on the ip were 81 when trying to log in last night. Today it didnt work so I did the windows link you provided and found the ip and the last two numbers had changed to 73? Weird no idea how? So I logged in on 73 went to the config page and changed it back to 81 now everything appears to be working correctly fusion as well. I still have a display that is not working at all and the firmware update does not do anything other than kill the screen completely? Thanks

I suggested that you change to a higher number for the last part of the IP address for a specific reason. As you have it, you could run into a duplicate IP address conflict situation with another device which could be assigned .83 by your router. Use .100. Or use something even higher. The intention is to get the Apex using a static IP address that is not in the range of addresses normally dynamically assigned by your router.

Frequent Visitor
    I suggested that you change to a higher number for the last part of the IP address for a specific reason. As you have it, you could run into a duplicate IP address conflict situation with another device which could be assigned .83 by your router. Use .100. Or use something even higher. The intention is to get the Apex using a static IP address that is not in the range of addresses normally dynamically assigned by your router.
    Ok will do I had done that before I saw your post. Will work on that next. Thank you!

Also I believe that is why my fusion quit working because the ip had changed? Am I correct in thinking this? Reason I say is because as soon as I changed it back to 81 from 73 it was running again.

Any ideas on the display not working any longer?

Frequent Visitor
    So I switched it to 192.1...1.15 severl times now and today what do you know I had to run the apex utility to find the apex and it is back to 71....I am just about over the apex thing why does it have to be so difficult?

Did you restart the apex after you changed the ip address? Network setting changes wont take effect until the apex is restarted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast