Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can access my apex but can't look at/edit profiles?

Regular Vistor

Can access my apex but can't look at/edit profiles?

I can access my apex using my app from anywhere. I'm able to turn pumps on and off etc. when I click on an outlet to edit of view profiles I get a "the requested URL was not found on this server" error. Any one know what I'm doing wrong?

I think its a bug in the app. Happens from time to time on mine as well and also does it on the android app even more frequently. So far I have found no fix to prevent it from happening, but if you retry a bunch of times it usually works.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can PROVE it mathematically.

Regular Vistor
    It's never worked. In two months I've never got it to work.

If you have never got it to work, I would assume corrupted app or wrong settings. Try deleting the app and downloading it again. If that doesnt work, post a screenshot of your settings page for the app.

Regular Vistor

Regular Vistor
    Already reinstalled app. Still nothin.

Config looks right. The only thing I can think of is to up the network timeout to at least a minute and see of that helps.

Regular Vistor
    Nope. Still nothing. The error pops up immediately.

You could try a firmware update on the apex just for ****s and giggles, but I have no idea what else you could do.

Regular Vistor
    Damn. Just did an update two weeks ago. Thanks for the effort!

I don't have an iPhone with me but I don't recall having the port # in both the host name and the port field - only the port field.
    Al

I do not work for Neptune. Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums!
    For Neptune support send an email (don't call) to: [email protected] .
    Manuals for all products including the
    Comprehensive Reference Manual can be found here.

FWIW and to tie threads together, I reported part of the issue you're seeing a couple weeks ago in this thread here. I have the same symptom of not being able to see any profiles in the iOS app, but I don't get the URL error message you do. IMO, the problem for me seemed to be introduced with firmware 5C14. It still happens to me with 7A14 (albeit in less than 24 hrs running it, I'm seeing many other benefits to that firmware and logging turned off...) This profile issue in the iOS app does not seem to be an issue for everyone, but now is for at least 3 different people (the OP, me, alainb600), with a couple of variations it appears. Similarities in configs between Alain and I are we are in the "1% Club": large numbers of modules, outlets and lines of programming...

OP, do you have a large configuration as well, what firmware are you running, and is this issue with profiles something that has always happened to you, or after an upgrade or some other change perhaps?
    Bert

Regular Vistor
    I'm using about 25 profiles. I have 5c14. I've had the apex only a few weeks and its the only firmware version I've tried and it's never worked.

Quote Originally Posted by aquamanic View Post
    I don't have an iPhone with me but I don't recall having the port # in both the host name and the port field - only the port field.
    +1 Hostname field must have only a hostname or IP address. No http:// in front or port number there.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    If I remove the port number I can't access anything at all. It won't even connect.

Dont remove ot from the port section, just remove it from the hostname section.

Quote Originally Posted by DVeit View Post
    If I remove the port number I can't access anything at all. It won't even connect.
    Are you saying that happens if you remove the port from the hostname and keep it in the Port field?
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    Lol I know that.. Yes just removing it from host name.

I think your dns server isnt working right at the moment. I tried your hostname in chrome and didnt get a log in prompt.

Regular Vistor
    It's working for me.

Ive tried multiple browsers on both computer and phone. I am getting nothing using http://dveit.noip.me:1234

Do you have port forwarding properly enabled? Try connecting from the browser on your phone with wifi disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    Ive tried multiple browsers on both computer and phone. I am getting nothing using http://dveit.noip.me:1234

Ditto.

Dveit, try it with wifi turned off in your phone so it is using cellular data service.

Regular Vistor
    GOT IT!

I started playing with ports and noticed it was working when I changed port # to port 80 as well. It still wasn't letting me in profiles though. So I tried port 80 in the port box and removed 80 from the host name box and BOOM! Works! For some reason with my 1234 port it would only allow me to connect with 1234 at the end of the url. Port 80 is working like it should though! Thanks for all the efforts guys!

Sweet. I would change your external http port to something other than 80 and in the thousands. 80 is the least secure port you can possibly have.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast