Thread: Help with URL for my Insteon IP Camera (basically a Foscam)

New User

Help with URL for my Insteon IP Camera (basically a Foscam)

Hey all! New guy here, and while I've done a good bit of reading on this, I haven't found the correct URL Format that will grant me access to my IP Camera via Fusion.
    I know the URL that I type in off my Network to gain access to the IP Camera if I wanted to get into the Camera to change parameters. Otherwise to view, I can just use the Insteon Hub App on my iPhone.
    If I type in my URL, it does ask for Username and Password...and I have tried putting that in front of my URL but still no joy!
    This is a Foscam, but has Insteon Printed on it, the model number is:
    75790/75790WH
    The DDNS on the ID Sticker on the bottom is:
    http://a11826.myipcamera.org

I've tried:
    http://username:[email protected]:8090 Don't work

Anyone have any ideas? I just bought my Neptune, switching over from that other company. hahha So far, light years ahead and sooo much easier to setup. I couldn't believe I had it all up and running in a couple of hours. While I can view my tank via the Insteon App, when I show friends/family I'd like this to work through Fusion so I don't have to switch from one thing to the next.
    One other question...just to be sure...when you hit the OK after entering the settings for the Media...is there supposed to be another button I should see like the "Cloud" button on other areas of Fusion?

Thanks in advance!!!

New User
    http://www.ispyconnect.com/man.aspx?n=insteon

I have found some URL's on this website from the Sticky thread. However, I'm not sure I'm typing them correctly into the Fusion URL box. If someone could shed some light on how to properly type out the URL's from this link above...I think this thing may just work. hahaha

A quick google search hasnt given me the answer, but it will need to be in a form similar to this.

Http://username:password@ddnsserver:...ideo/mjpeg.cgi

Contact the manufacturer to find out the exact url. Just ask them what url you use to embed a live stream into a webpage and they should know exactly what you are talking about. Unfortunately none of the ip cam manufacturers have standardized on this yet.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can PROVE it mathematically.

New User
    I think the issue is, the Fusion does not like the URL that I'm trying to use. So, there is an area within the Device Management of my Camera that I can setup a Third Party URL for example (no-ip.com) I use this already for my older controller, and now the Apex. So, I'm going to try and either add, or create a second IP address for just the Camera and see if that URL will work in Fusion.

New User
    Well, the Insteon Tech that I spoke too, wasn't of much help today. So I'll have to call back tomorrow and see if I can get someone with a bit more knowledge. I can't get any of the URL's to work for some reason.

Update. So messing around on Fusion Dashboard, I decided to right click on where the Video Feed is supposed to be. There is an option to View Video...so I clicked on that, and it opens the Firefox browser in another window and then shows a screen where I have to choose an option for Firefox like I normally have to do before the IP Camera dashboard will show up.
    There is also an option by right clicking that says, Copy Video Location. It is the same URL I added in the Media section in Fusion. However, the life feed still don't show up on the Dashboard like it should. So I'm thinking what is holding this up is that extra step of selecting the browser option button for Firefox/Safari/Google Chrome. (There are 3 buttons first is labeled IE, second is Firefox etc, and the third is for Mobile.

New User
    I think I'm a bit closer. After remotely logging into my IP Camera, I right clicked on the actual Video Feed. Selected Copy Image Location. I then entered that into the URL area in Fusion.
    I still can't see the Feed in the Dashboard, but, if I right click on where it should be on the dashboard, and then select View Image, it takes me directly to my Video Feed.
    Anyone have any ideas why it's not showing up on the Dashboard?

TIA

New User
    Okay, I have figured this out and have the Live Feed working on my Fusion Dashboard. I wanted to show the format of the URL as well as what setting in the Media Settings that ended up working for me...in the hopes that someone else may run into this and use the info to help them.

URL Format:
    http://XX.XXX.XXX.XX:XXXX/videostream.cgi
    X's indicate my Remote Address and Port that I use to view my camera remotely.
    I found this by viewing my camera Remotely, then right clicking on the actual Live Feed. Then selected Copy Image Location. I then pasted that into the Media Settings section within Fusion Dashboard. However, I still could not view the Live Feed, but I could right click on the gray video screen where the Live Feed should be, then select View Image and that would open a new window and show me my Live Feed as I explained in my previous post.
    At this point I knew I was right with the URL, but a setting wasn't right. I decided to try again at changing the Type Setting in Fusion Media Setting from MPEG4 H.264 to Motion JEPG and bingo...Live Feed on my Fusion Dashboard.
    Quick little addition, I just tried this on my iPhone and a Username & Password window popped up to access my IP Camera. So I went back into Fusion, and added the following to my URL:
    http://username:[email protected]

Then when viewing on my iPhone, it no longer pops up that Username/Password window.

Hopefully this tidbit will help someone else.