Thread: New Firmware Beta Firmware Release: 4.32_7A14 ( soliciting feedback )

New Firmware Beta Firmware Release: 4.32_7A14 ( soliciting feedback )

Anybody have feedback on the new firmware? Positive or negative? Trying to decide when to upgrade from the precious version.

- There has been one report of the controller losing coms with models and eb8's
    ( http://forum.neptunesystems.com/show...firmware-issue )

- Also some outlets have reportedly gotten changed to other outlets? Not sure if that some legacy bad data or what

- The controller does not warn if you have duplicate names ( Fusion does detect ) This is more of a planning issue
    and the classic GUI nvr has so I am OK with that

I know that outlet logging is off by default in the new build

I am looking for more stability with the connection to Fusion and no qualms blowing away my outlet programs / config data as I have them saved.

Running the new firmware since release , no issue so far !

Alain

Since you asked, my personal opinions follow. No offense intended to the developers and support staff.

Running 7A14 is as solid for me as 5C14, perhaps more so as a member of the 1% Club now that logging is off by default. I had ZERO issues with the update; no unexpected changes requiring my intervention. In my view running the code for close to 2 weeks, the Neptune gang (and EcoTech) appears to have finally nailed this horrible Radion/Vortech/WXM bug (Thank you.)

I also don't consider "duplicate names" an issue with this firmware level. It has been this way since inception, so one cannot pin this on 7A14 as discussed in the other thread.

I would not say Fusion is any more or less available as a result of this firmware level. To be fair, it also was not documented as one of the two primary targeted items being improved in this firmware level.

The net is, knowing what I know, and also being one that keeps .bin and PDF saved versions of each major set of changes I make to my controller just-in-case, would I upgrade another controller to 7A14? Yes. In a heartbeat ...even with it still officially being "beta" code.
    Bert

Frequent Contributor iamchadster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BertL View Post
    Since you asked, my personal opinions follow. No offense intended to the developers and support staff.

Running 7A14 is as solid for me as 5C14, perhaps more so as a member of the 1% Club now that logging is off by default. I had ZERO issues with the update; no unexpected changes requiring my intervention. In my view running the code for close to 2 weeks, the Neptune gang (and EcoTech) appears to have finally nailed this horrible Radion/Vortech/WXM bug (Thank you.)

I also don't consider "duplicate names" an issue with this firmware level. It has been this way since inception, so one cannot pin this on 7A14 as discussed in the other thread.

I would not say Fusion is any more or less available as a result of this firmware level. To be fair, it also was not documented as one of the two primary targeted items being improved in this firmware level.

The net is, knowing what I know, and also being one that keeps .bin and PDF saved versions of each major set of changes I make to my controller just-in-case, would I upgrade another controller to 7A14? Yes. In a heartbeat ...even with it still officially being "beta" code.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. I agree!
    Chad

I did notice that my second pH probe just randomly changed from enabled to disabled. I re-enabled it and it has been fine since. I did not notice any of the issues others exoerienced about things getting renamed. I am seeing significantly less lockups when trying to do multiple requests from the android app and load times have improved as well.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can PROVE it mathematically.

Frequent Contributor jrlamountain's Avatar
    as the original post said i had a terrible time with the update it must have gotten corrupted some how. even though i installed it with a direct wired connection from router to apex. however i downgraded to the last official release over the week end and all issues have gone away.

Frequent Visitor
    Does this version solve the random network disconnects?

Wanna Be Control Freak RickHrdlicka's Avatar
    I have not had any issues and love the new ability for turning off logging of irrelevant outlets.

Rick
    300g Mixed Reef with Full apex, PM1, ALD, AWM, AFS, PM2

Quote Originally Posted by scuzy View Post
    Does this version solve the random network disconnects?
    I didnt have that issue before so it could go either way. So far bugs are minimal on this firmware, so its worth a shot. Make sure you do a bootloader update from the display after the firmware update if you try it. (System -> bootloader update)

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can PROVE it mathematically.

In St Louis right now but when I get back I will be updating my firmware

Regular Vistor
    Question (s),
    I have the WXM module that I want to run my 4 x MP40W echo smarts on,
    I have not hooked it up yet. Should I update firmware to the new beta version, then install the module and pumps?
    second question,
    I have all my apex equipment in a cabinet next to my tank and stand, can I install the module in there or do I have to install it in the aquarium stand where my MP40 controllers are?
    and last but not least...how hard is it to assign the pump positions in Fusion? I have one pump on each side of the tank and 2 on the back wall of the tank (180 gallon) it works great as is with just the Ecotech smart modes, just want to make sure I don't screw up a good thing, but really want to be able to change modes without having to do it manually.
    Thank you for your help!

Regular Vistor
    OK, I updated to the new Beta Firmware Release: 4.32_7A14
    still a little scared to attach WXM and MP40's...

Regular Vistor
    No issues
    155 gallon bowfront All Glass aquarium, Apex controller, 6 Radion Pro G3, 2 Vortech 60, 2 Vortech 40, Mag drive 18 return pump, Avast Marine Black Pearl protein skimmer, Vertex RX6 Duo calcium reactor, 1 HP Oceanic in-line chiller.

As 4.32_7A14 is now a production/public release (no longer a beta/release candidate), I'm going to close this thread. If anyone has any issues you believe are related to this new firmware, please start a new tread specific to that issue.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.