Thread: Cannot access APEX remotely?????

New User

Cannot access APEX remotely?????

All was working well 3 weeks ago, but now after not making any changes I cannot connect via my I-phone or remote computer (at work).

If I am on the home WIFI network no problem!

When I am on a remote computer what I get is the set-up screen for my Netgear wireless adapter WNCE2001, therefore I do not believe it is a ATT U-Verse issue, as I am getting past the firewall.

It appears that I cannot get past the Netgear to the APEX when I try to access from outside the home WIFI network.

Any clues????????

Sometimes the ATT routers don't play nice with the WNCE2001.

Make sure the port forwarding in the router is pointing to the Apex's IP address, not the Netgear's IP address.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

If you post a screenshot of your port forwarding page, that would help us troubleshoot a lot. If you are getring the netgear setup page, I am inclined to believe that you are pointing to the routers ip address instead of the apex as russ mentioned.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can PROVE it mathematically.

New User
    Ok I will take a look at the port forwarding location. It just puzzles me that it worked for years and now without changing anything it stopped working...AT&T probably pushed down a update to the router!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New User
    Ok pointed to the Apex IP address and all is well! Still can't figure out why it worked for 3 years with it pointed to the wnce2001. No wonder why everyone hates uverse!

Quote Originally Posted by rezaktp View Post
    Ok pointed to the Apex IP address and all is well! Still can't figure out why it worked for 3 years with it pointed to the wnce2001. No wonder why everyone hates uverse!
    They probably just sent an update that screwed up the settings you had for it. Can be very annoying.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can PROVE it mathematically.