Thread: Any experience with these switches?

Frequent Visitor

Any experience with these switches?

They seem like a cost effective pressure switch, but I'm not sure of the reliability. I was looking at the 9141-010 personally. Anyone have any experience with these? Thinking about getting one to toy with. It's about the same price as some float switches.

http://www.designflexswitches.com/switches/psf103.php

You could always order a sample to see if it will reliably switch at 1/2" H20. The part that will make it complicated is that the terminals are silver or gold, which are both corroded by saltwater. You could possibly diy some sort of acrylic housing box with a hole drilled for the pressure sensor to stick out of and seal around the hole.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can PROVE it mathematically.

Frequent Visitor
    Thats what I was thinking. Put it in a sealed box or mount it outside the sump cabinet, but I would need to do some testing with it to see if it's reliable and so forth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been using a capacitive proximity sensor for my ATO with no problems at all. I have it velcroed to the outside of my sump and it reads the water level through the sump wall. There is nothing that would ever cause it to stick. No salt creep. No calcium deposits nothing. Now it will see a snail if it was on the sump wall right in front of it but I don't have any snails down there anyways.

Frequent Visitor
    Got details on the sensor such as the model you're using?

These would work. I'll get some more soon and tie to the BoB so I can get an email alert to when my alk and cal are empty. I also use a much larger one that reads my skimmer cup level

Check out this item I found on eBay: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...901799&alt=web

These work up to 4 mm away. Might not be the best choice for sump level I'm using a different switch and I'll get that model when I get home tonight.

If you want to go this route I'll explain how to hook them up to the apex.

There are cheaper version but these are all plastic. Cheaper versions have a metal can.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron0818 View Post
    There are cheaper version but these are all plastic. Cheaper versions have a metal can.
    A metal can would actually be sufficient with this type of sensor. In a water level sensing application the sensor these sensors are actually more effective sensing through a glass or acryllic barrier rather than being placed inside the sump. Granted a plastic one will last a lot longer as it wont ever rust in the humid environment inside a tank stand.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can PROVE it mathematically.

This is the switch I'm using.

I have it connected to 24 vdc power supply and 24vdc relays. These are for "dry contacts" to the apex.

Next to each relay you can see terminal blocks. One for 24vdc and the other for 24com.

Maybe a better shot

Frequent Visitor
    Thanks for the info.