Thread: Vortech feed mode

Frequent Visitor

Vortech feed mode

I have Vortechs on my tank controlled by the WXM. They work fine but one of my feed modes does not delay start up when done. Here is my program.

Fallback RfCrst
    set RfCrst
    if time 07:00 to 19:30 then RfCrst
    if time 19:30 to 21:30 then Lgn
    if time 21:30 to 07:00 then night
    if feed b 000 then slow
    if feed a 002 then slow

it works properly and feed b which I do for actually feeding works that when the scheduled time is over the pumps return to their normal mode. Feed a is actually maintenance mode for water changes. I put in feed mode a and the pumps go to slow but when I cancel feed a they start back up immediately instead of delaying 2 minutes. I have tried removing the line update it then put the line back and update but still don't get a 2 minute delay. Do I not have it set up correctly?

If you cancel a feed cycle, it returns immediately to the regular programming. That's just the way it works.

You have two options:

Let the FeedA cycle finish by itself - just walk away when done with the maintenance.

Or: change the FeedA line to be 000 instead of 002 and add a Defer 002:00 Then ON statement. This will, however, increase the Off time by 2 minutes when you use FeedB. If you don't like that, you can compensate by decreasing the FeedB Interval by 2 minutes.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    Thanks Russ