Thread: Questions on setting up 4 x MP40wES and new WXM module

Regular Vistor

Questions on setting up 4 x MP40wES and new WXM module

OK, I am really freaked out by all the codes and VO's and everything else with APEX.
    I am running Fusion and got my 3 Kessil A360w up and running fine.
    I am concerned with screwing up my MP40's.

I have 4 x MP40wES on my 180 gallon in living room (I have 2 MP40w's on a 130 gallon in my office, in another room, other side of the wall from living room tank)
    WXM module not connected yet but updated APEX base with new BETA software for the WXM

Here are my questions...
    #1 once I plug in my WXM will it update to new BETA software?
    #2 do I have to update my 4 MP40wES's drivers? All were manufactured in 2013.
    #3 can I update and run my 2 MP40w's in the other room with APEX (abut 20 feet away in another room with wall between)

sorry for all the crazy questions, just don't want to screw up something or ruin my pumps.

I found this on another post, would this be what I nee to do to attaché my pumps to WXM, then program them in wizard?

also, do I assign positions of the pumps on the drivers (orange, white for right and left sides and turquoise for back of tank)

(Once you have confirmed your pumps have the required firmware version) see question 2,

you must “attach” the pump to the WXM so they can be controlled by the Apex system.

To attach the pump to the WXM:
    1) The pump’s memory must be cleared so it can be attached to the WXM:
    a. With the pump powered on, press and hold the Set and Mode buttons (about 3 seconds) until the pump’s LED flashes red/white/blue. Release the buttons.
    b. Press and hold the Mode button (about 3 seconds) until the pump’s LED flashes purple/red. Release the button.
    c. Press and hold the Set button (about 3 seconds) until the pump resets.

2) Assign the pump as a slave to the WXM:
    a. With the pump powered on, press and hold the Set and Mode buttons (about 3 seconds) until the pump’s LED flashes red/white/blue. Release the buttons.
    b. Tap the Set button.
    i. If the pump was successfully attached to the WXM, the pump LED will flash blue/yellow.
    ii. If the pump flashes blue/red, the attachment failed. Retry the procedure starting at step 1.

3) Once the pump has been attached to the WXM, an Apex Outlet will be created to allow programming of the pump. The first pump attached will be named VorTech_X_1 and the second VorTech_X_2. The X will be replaced with the AquaBus number assigned to the WXM on which the pump was attached. The default outlet names can be changed using typical Apex programming procedures. See the Apex Setup and Programming guide for more information.

The EcoTech Marine pumps attached to a WXM can be viewed from the Apex Display by opening the Control/Status – WXM Status screen.

Thank you for your help!

1 ) Once you have connected the WXM it will be recognize by the controller and it will be listed in the module page , from the dropbox in the module page select the WXM and click on Update Module Change in the top box . The update progress will be visible in the middle of the page . After from the second box select WXM RF firmware then select WXM Firmware update ; also the update progress will be visible in the middle . When this is complete wait a minute or so and disconnect the Aquabus cable from the WXM module . Again wait a minute again and reconnect it . It will show as OK in the SW Rev column .

2) Your pumps driver should be OK as is if the were made in 2013.

3) Yes you can as long as you have a positive connection between the pumps and the WXM . Some guys on here have tested the range of the WXM and it was found reliable up to 30 feet depending on the building construction .

Alain

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by alainb600 View Post
    1 ) Once you have connected the WXM it will be recognize by the controller and it will be listed in the module page , from the dropbox in the module page select the WXM and click on Update Module Change in the top box . The update progress will be visible in the middle of the page . After from the second box select WXM RF firmware then select WXM Firmware update ; also the update progress will be visible in the middle . When this is complete wait a minute or so and disconnect the Aquabus cable from the WXM module . Again wait a minute again and reconnect it . It will show as OK in the SW Rev column .

2) Your pumps driver should be OK as is if the were made in 2013.

3) Yes you can as long as you have a positive connection between the pumps and the WXM . Some guys on here have tested the range of the WXM and it was found reliable up to 30 feet depending on the building construction .

Alain
    Alain,
    totally bummed out worked on this most of the day, ended up doing something to my older MP40 driver...cuz it's not working anymore....
    I hooked up the WXM, showed up on display but not in fusion, tried to do all the updates over the display, went into mode to update driver, 10 minutes later my driver powers off , I repower up now just has a solid red light and does nothing else, no pump movement nothing... I used the step by step from this forum but something went wrong.

I did not see any sign of the WXM in fusion, that is all I have experience with, I have never used anything but fusion for the APEX. I see a lot of people talking about web interface, would this be fusion or something else?

I ended up unplugging the WXM and deleting it from my modules on the display.
    pretty bummed out right now, although glad I didn't fry one of my MP40wES drivers, but really wondering what's going on.

not sure what to do, don't want to fry another driver...but really want the option to run my pumps with APEX and take advantage of the controllability.

Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

All of this cannot be done with Fusion for now , it need to be done with the native web interface .When all your module , pumps , etc are set up with the controller then you can use Fusion to control them . Do you know how to access the native Apex web interface ?

Alain

Regular Vistor
    I am not aware of the Apex web interface, can you pass along info on how to get access.
    I have just been using the display and Fusion.

Thank you for your help.

It would be useful for you to have a look at this :

http://www.neptunesystems.com/downlo...nce_Manual.pdf

From the display select system and network , select IP address and write this down , scroll down the page and select HTTP port and record the number . Then use this IP address and the port number to access the native web page from your pc browser . The default log-in is Admin and password 1234 .

Alain

Regular Vistor
    crap... it's coming up 401 Unauthorized

Questions on setting up 4 x MP40wES and new WXM module

Use the format : http://apex:xxxx

where xxxx is the port number it should bring you to the login page .

Alain
    Last edited by Alain B; 07-28-2014 at 12:39. Reason: correction
    Alain

Regular Vistor
    OK I got in and have done the updates, just disconnected the WXM and will plug it back in.

- - - Updated - - -

HW Type HW Rev SW Rev Addr Name
    Display module 001 010(OK) 001 Disp_1
    EB8 module 001 011(OK) 003 EB8_3
    WXM module 000 010(OK) 004 WXM_4
    Rev 1.14, RF Rev 1.2 (1,0,0,0),(0,0,0),(250,0,0)

Does this look right?

yes it look right , wait a little and plug the WXM back to the controller , after a minute or so you can proceed to connect the pump : Follow the process to the letter and make sure others are powered off when you connect each one of them . An outlet for each pump will be created by the controller and this outlet will control his assigned pump .

Alain

Capture.PNG

Regular Vistor
    Thank You Alain!

Regular Vistor
    Okay, got them all hooked up, office 130 tank with 2nd gen MP40's and living room 180 with 4 Ecosmart MP40's all rolling now.
    quick question on the two pumps I have on the opposite sides of the tank in my 180, do I put them in anti-sync for eco smart modes TS, NT? I have put the 2 MP40's on the back wall in eco back mode off the right side pump.

Where do I change names of the pumps at?

thank you for your time and help Alain, you have been more than kind and I really appreciate your help!

I cannot recommend a mode of operation vs another one as it is a matter of personal preferences and more important : your tank critters needs and preferences. If you were running those pumps before the Apex and you had figure out a good setting for them , the Apex can reproduce all those and a few more thrown in also : you will have to experiment . Changing the pump name is done in the exact same way as any other outlet on the Apex .

Alain