Thread: Apex Lite has a mind of its own

Apex Lite has a mind of its own

My system has started giving me problems lately. Everything (got lots of modules) was fine until recently. My pump will show that its on, but won't be which causes my skimmer to overflow. We had the power go out a couple times recently, and when it came back on, I would have to reset the controller (unplug from the EB8). I went to update the firmware (connected directly to my mac via ethernet with wifi turned off) and I can't even do that. Im going away for 10 days and need to get this resolved before then. Thanks for helping!

I did the bootlegger update yesterday and thought things were going ok last night, but not so. Old dashboard says skimmer is off, but its not its a runnin'. Old dashboard lists Apex Fusion status as OK, but when I go to apex fusion.com, it says my apex is disconnected. Not sure what to do now.

Well, my apex is connected to apex fusion again, but when I go to try to control something as simple as turning a cabinet light off, it won't do it, and then gives me an error "bad gateway". It will be interesting to see what happens in a half hour when it normally shuts the skimmer off, then the pump, to feed, or is it going to ignore the skimmer command and overflow again. I have no control to be able to shut anything off, or turn things on.

Yup, it screwed up AGAIN -- skimmer went on, apex fusion says the pump is on.... but its not. Tried to manually turn it on and it gives me the gateway error

Tried to turn the pump on manually (via the display) - nothing
    Restarted via display - nothing
    Un hooked aqua bus from lite - then went to Fusion to stop skimmer and start pump. That worked.

This is a recipe for disaster with this thing doing what it wants. Nothing on any of the programming has been changed. I could use some help to figure out whats wrong and why it no longer is following the programming.

Can you access your apex from the native web page ( old ) ? If so can you operate the outlets ?

Alain

Quote Originally Posted by alainb600 View Post
    Can you access your apex from the native web page ( old ) ? If so can you operate the outlets ?

Alain
    I WAS able to access the old dashboard, but not be able to control the outlets. Now I can't access the old dashboard (as of this morning), but I can access apexfusion.com

Can you access the controller ip address and port # from the display , i suspect that for some uknown reason your network setting might have change when you had update the firmware .

Alain

Just checked on the display, and it is correct. 192.168.44.250 and 80 for the port.

I was not able to update the firmware. It gave me an error and wouldn't go through.

Can you access the controller ip address and port # from the display , i suspect that for some uknown reason your network setting might have change when you had update the firmware .

Alain

Can you access the native web page with this address ?

Alain

Not sure what you mean, the native webpage.... when I use this IP address it does not take me to the dashboard. It did until this morning. I didn't change anything, just restarted it. But it wasn't working right anyway, it wouldn't shut things off or turn them on when I flipped a button to do so.

Can you access the native web page with this address ?

Alain

OK native web page and the dashboard are probably the same thing for you . When you are talking about " flipping " a button . from where are you " flipping " it . Fusion or the old way ?

Alain

yes, the old dashboard via the ip address. Flipping the button on the old dashboard, did not work. Flipping the button on apex fusion.com this morning did not work either. My skimmer was on, it said it was off, could not get the pump to go on, so had water pouring out of my skimmer. No programming changes have been made. It was all working just fine.
    Flipping = sliding the button to off or on (from AUTO). Im restarting it again to see what happens.

Are you sure you are operating the right outlet ? Could it be possible you might have duplicates and not operating the proper one ? Is this the only outlet that would not operated or all of them are dead ?

Alain

Yes, Im positive I'm trying to operate the right outlet. Its sporadic. I've tested other outlets, such as the fan, the cabinet light (that is controlled by a switch, but has an outlet), and its hit or miss.

Just restarted. No dashboard. I unplugged the aqua bus again. No dashboard. But at this point the switches are working VIA apexfusion.com. I can't have it so it works when it wants to work or Im going to have a disaster when the skimmer decides to turn on, and the pump decided not to turn on. I don't know where to begin. Could it be the controller itself? Could it be the EB8? I doubt its the EB8, as the pump and skimmer are on 2 different EB8s

Most likely the firmware is corrupted , i would reload it , update the bootloader from the display and reload it again after . if this does not clear the problem i guess you have a case for neptune support . Make sure also that you update the web page and clear your browser cache .

Alain
    Alain

Ok, I'll try that. I was not able to upload the firmware yesterday. Lets see if its any different today.

Won't update the firmware - same problem
    003.jpg

http://forum.neptunesystems.com/show...ating-firmware

Try this thread for difficulties updating firmware .

Alain

- - - Updated - - -

http://forum.neptunesystems.com/showthread.php?18-Problems-updating-firmware

Try this thread for difficulties updating firmware .

Alain

Will do.

I appreciate your help!!

Ok, tried powering off the controller to start the firmware update. Apex Flash doesn't see the controller at all now, and when powered back up the wall display won't go on. In the meantime the skimmer stopped (and this is not a scheduled time) and the cabinet light went off on its own.

Update:

No Dashboard
    No Apex Fusion
    No Display
    Lights on every module are blinking

No way to control anything

Time to contact support !

Alain