Thread: ALD

ALD

I am setting up an ALD auto leak detection module. I am adding two leak detection probes. I have on in the sump area and one on the floor behind the tank. I have a outlet programmed already as a maintenance outlet that turns off all the pumps during a water change. I set one leak probe up and everything is fine. When I set the second probe up, it changes the program wording to something totally different. It changes that program line to: If 00:50 to 10:00 then off

Any ideas?

Gary

Post the existing programming for that outlet, and also tell us the exact change/addition you are trying to make.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Here is the Maintenance outlet:
    Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If Switchx9_2 CLOSED Then ON

Here is what happens if I add the second leak switch, I type this:

Fallback OFF
    Set OFF

If Switchx9_4 CLOSED Then ON

BUT, I update the outlet, leave it. Then I come back to it and this is what appears:
    Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If Time 00:50 to 10:00 Then ON

The line for switch 4 changes to this^

any ideas why?

I had an issue similar to this one recently , try to reboot the controller and reprogram the outlet after , it might clear the glitch .

Alain

Change the ALD switch names. Like Leak1, Leak2, etc, or to more descriptive names like LS_Frt & LS_Bk. Then try to add the line again, using the new switch name. The existing programming will have automatically updated to use the new name.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

I changed the names like you suggested. I created a new oultet to turn off all the pumps and leave the vortechs running. and it worked. Thanks for the help

Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If FLFloor CLOSED Then ON
    If FLSump CLOSED Then ON

New User
    Quick question: How does one change the names of the switches? I looked through the manual, and I didn't find a firm answer on this. It would be nice for my ALD units to know which one is detecting water when I'm out of town.

Best regards.

You can rename switches (& probes) on the Configuration->Probe/Input Setup page

New User
    Wow. That was a super fast reply. Thanks.

I'm sorry, but When I go to the Configuration menu, I do have the "Probe Setup" option, but it's only my two pH probes, the temperature probe, and then the ORP probe, which I don't have. I'm not sure what you mean by the "Input Setup" page. That is not an option under my Configuration menu.

The ALD setup does show up in the "Module Setup" menu, but I don't see the switch names there at all. It also reads there "No Configuration Options Available." I'm sure I'm just missing something.

I do get the emails if there is water; it would just be nice to know which "switch" is associated with each leak detector.

Thanks all for your time.

RJRJ, your Apex is running older firmware, it seems. The Probe setup page is now the Probe/Input setup page, and now allows renaming of switches. IIRC, that change was made last year in version 4.31 firmware. The current version is 4.32

http://www.neptunesystems.com/support/sw-updates

FWIW, you'll need to upgrade your Apex firmware and web pages if you ever want to use APEX Fusion.

New User
    Hmmm...thanks. I was wondering if that was the problem. I was hoping to get everything dialed in before I started messing with the firmware, but renaming the ALD sensors was really the last step. I've gotten all the email warnings, etc. to work, so this was the last thing. I'm using the version it came with in the spring...I think I'm on v4.2.

I'm sure I'll get beat up by writing this, but I'm not sure I really want to mess with Fusion right now. It's awesome, everything it can do, but I do have some serious concerns about the security, etc.