Thread: What The Heck Am I Missing

Frequent Visitor

What The Heck Am I Missing

First day with my Apex. I have read documentation (a bunch) and have watched all the Setup helps but I am missing some basic information. Everything keeps talking about accessing menus and information on the Controller Dashboard. I have not seen how to access that. I have setup up Fusion but I cannot find anything that tells me how to access the Dashboard on the controller. I know it has to be something simple....any help will be greatly appreciated.

That is the interface that was (and still is) available before fusion. You can access it by typing the ip address and port into your browser. Ex if ip address on apex is 192.168.1.50 and http port is 80, then enter http://192.168.1.50:80

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can PROVE it mathematically.

Frequent Visitor
    Thanks Zombie. I take it from all that I have read, that Fusion can do everything that the old dashboard could do, correct? Are there really any functions that still have to be programmed via the old interface?

Thank you for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    That is the interface that was (and still is) available before fusion. You can access it by typing the ip address and port into your browser. Ex if ip address on apex is 192.168.1.50 and http port is 80, then enter http://192.168.1.50:80

Frequent Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenfwb View Post
    Thanks Zombie. I take it from all that I have read, that Fusion can do everything that the old dashboard could do, correct? Are there really any functions that still have to be programmed via the old interface?

Thank you for the reply.
    No Fusion can NOT do everything the classic dashboard can do....example is you can not change your season table, rename probes, calibrate probes, feed times for (A-D)...ect.

So at this time you might need to use both, but at some point you might be able to use just Fusion, just not at this time.
    Jon

Frequent Visitor
    Thanks, good to know. When I went to the IP address as Zombie suggested, I kept getting a screen asking for login and password. I put in the default, and the ones I use and it would reject all of them. Is there something else it is looking for that I missed in the docs??

Quote Originally Posted by jonmos75 View Post
    No Fusion can NOT do everything the classic dashboard can do....example is you can not change your season table, rename probes, calibrate probes, feed times for (A-D)...ect.

So at this time you might need to use both, but at some point you might be able to use just Fusion, just not at this time.

The default is admin / 1234. If you've changed either or both at some point, you can look them up using the display module menu.

System->Netsetup then scroll to Admin username and Admin password
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    Thanks! I will check that out. Setting this up last night for the first time I am not sure what all I changed at this point. I am printing the 145 page manual out at work today, I function better with paper and manuals then trying to read all this online or on a PDF. I hope that helps the learning curve on this Apex.

Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    The default is admin / 1234. If you've changed either or both at some point, you can look them up using the display module menu.

System->Netsetup then scroll to Admin username and Admin password

New User
    the link doesnt work for me anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by ___Bogg View Post
    the link doesnt work for me anyone?
    Not 100% sure what you mean by "the link", but you probably have DHCP on and your Apex has been reassigned a new address by your router. Check the quick start guide and/or advanced networking guide HERE how to find the address it has.
    Bert

Frequent Visitor
    if you download the apex app you can search for your apex easily, that's the fastest way for me to find ip with DHCP on.

New User
    Thanks Guys! Also RussM replied
    In display menu: go to System, Net setup, IP address to see the current address.***Then use that address in your browser, like http://192.168.1.11

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogg View Post
    Thanks Guys! Also RussM replied
    In display menu: go to System, Net setup, IP address to see the current address.***Then use that address in your browser, like http://192.168.1.11
    BUT you will need to add the port as in :80

If you left the port at 80 (default) and you are on a computer in your house on your network, there is no need to put the :80 on there because that is the HTTP default. You only need that if you are outside our network (with port forwarding) or using the app.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazie4Acans View Post
    If you left the port at 80 (default) and you are on a computer in your house on your network, there is no need to put the :80 on there because that is the HTTP default. You only need that if you are outside our network (with port forwarding) or using the app.
    Leaving at 80 is not the wisest thing to do because hackers know that 80 is default , I allways change mine to something else . But that's up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by rckrzy1 View Post
    Leaving at 80 is not the wisest thing to do because hackers know that 80 is default , I allways change mine to something else . But that's up to you.
    Agreed. I was just pointing out that there was no need to enter it inside your own network. Krazie

New User
    why isnt this working?

Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If ATOFLT CLOSED Then ON
    If SMPLO CLOSED Then OFF
    If SMPHI CLOSED Then OFF
    Defer 001:00 Then ON
    Min Time 060:00 Then OFF

i can lift the atofloat and it doesnt kick on the pump?
    i can turn it on manually though? it in the eb8 4 slot
    also the floats status seem to bounce from open closed for no reason? yet they will read the open closed if i manually flip them
    im getting close but no cigar

Quote Originally Posted by ___Bogg View Post
    why isnt this working?

Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If ATOFLT CLOSED Then ON
    If SMPLO CLOSED Then OFF
    If SMPHI CLOSED Then OFF
    Defer 001:00 Then ON
    Min Time 060:00 Then OFF

i can lift the atofloat and it doesnt kick on the pump?
    i can turn it on manually though? it in the eb8 4 slot
    also the floats status seem to bounce from open closed for no reason? yet they will read the open closed if i manually flip them
    im getting close but no cigar
    We need a lot more information than that to help you troubleshoot that. Please create a new thread in the ATO section that shows this programming and explains the purpose of each switch, where they are located, what their states are showing before you activate the float, etc.

Guys, Bogg is a local friend and I'm working with him directly on this now.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.