Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eb8

Regular Vistor

Eb8

I have just purchased apex lite previously owned and 5 outlets are not working so I'm trying to figure out how to reset it to see if it fixes the problem

You can reset the entire system to factory defaults using the Configuration->Misc setup web page. At the bottom: Initialize Memory->Initialize All.

Then click update settings. The Apex will reboot. Wait 2-3 minutes. You'll need to access the controller again using the default login of admin / 1234
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Please describe "Not Working".

e.g. Are some of the outlets seemingly missing from a dashboard, and if so, which one (native/classic or Fusion)? Have you tried turning the outlet ON via a dashboard, then plugged in something like a lamp that you know otherwise works -- it should come on, or are they not lighting up when set ON? Or is it that you have the outlets perhaps in AUTO and the programming isn't doing what you expect?

Many different things we can suggest based on a little more info please.
    Bert

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    You can reset the entire system to factory defaults using the Configuration->Misc setup web page. At the bottom: Initialize Memory->Initialize All.

Then click update settings. The Apex will reboot. Wait 2-3 minutes. You'll need to access the controller again using the default login of admin / 1234
    Is there a way I can do it from the display? Considering I don't have it hooked up to the Internet. And my eb not working as in just plugging say my power head and it never turning on as some of the other outlets do.

Yes, you can access the initialize commands from the Display - navigate to the System menu then Init Memory then All
    Al

I do not work for Neptune. Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums!
    For Neptune support send an email (don't call) to: [email protected] .
    Manuals for all products including the
    Comprehensive Reference Manual can be found here.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by aquamanic View Post
    Yes, you can access the initialize commands from the Display - navigate to the System menu then Init Memory then All
    Sorry I already reset it didn't phrase my question correctly. Is there a way I can update it through the display unit. I have not seen it yet

Quote Originally Posted by Dylanringwood View Post
    Is there a way I can update it through the display unit. I have not seen it yet
    Update what? What haven't you seen?
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    I have not seen the update settings after I initialize it.

Considering I don't have it hooked up to the Internet. And my eb not working as in just plugging say my power head and it never turning on as some of the other outlets do.
    Do yourself a BIG favor, and get the Apex connected to your home network. The primary user interface to the Apex is web-based. Without a network connection, you'll need to do everything through the display, and that's not fun. Without a network connection, you can't use some of the best capabilities of the Apex - like the email alarms, Apex Fusion, smartphone apps, and more.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    Do yourself a BIG favor, and get the Apex connected to your home network. The primary user interface to the Apex is web-based. Without a network connection, you'll need to do everything through the display, and that's not fun. Without a network connection, you can't use some of the best capabilities of the Apex - like the email alarms, Apex Fusion, smartphone apps, and more.
    I plan on it trust me. Just haven't made it out to best buy yet. I was just trying to see if I can get all the outlets working and not just 3 of then. The yellow light is still flashing. But thank you all for baring with me.

I plan on it trust me. Just haven't made it out to best buy yet. I was just trying to see if I can get all the outlets working and not just 3 of then. The yellow light is still flashing. But thank you all for baring with me.
    What yellow light? On the Apex base or on the EB8.

Regular Vistor
    Eb8. The base is solid green.

That means that the EB cannot communicate with the Apex base. So none of the outlets are actually working. It's the Fallback mode that is causing some outlets to be on and some to be off.

Check the Aquabus connections. Unplug the EB from the wall outlet and plug it back in.

Regular Vistor
    Ok we are making progress. I got the lights to turn green on eb and base unit. There are still the same outlet that don't work. Does this kind of mean I'm sol. On those outlet?

Regular Vistor
    And the outlets that were working are now not.

And the outlets that were working are now not.
    Elaborate please. How did you test them?

Regular Vistor
    By plugging In say my skimmer in each of the outlets and it never turns on. And the outlets that I currently had the skimmer in when the eb 8 was on "fallback mode" was actually running but now that the green indicator lights are both solid green. The only outlet that seems to be working g is the one I have the base unit hooked into

Regular Vistor
    Well now it cut back on. So confusing

Eb8

That is due to the default programming running. Each outlet has a default sample programming. You need to program the Apex to control each individual outlet as desired/needed for the device plugged into each outlet. Doing that through the display module will be challenging. Get that Apex network-connected! . It will be worth it!. There are numerous docs and step-by-step tutorials here:
    http://www.neptunesystems.com/support/docs/

Regular Vistor
    Ok I tried to do it through display and as already stated.. difficult. . So now I wait. Thanks for the help

You could just take the Apex system to where your router is, connect it to the router and work with it that way while you learn and get comfortable with the basics before you try to put the Apex into actual service.

Regular Vistor
    Ok if I were to get a router what way should I go? Netfear? Or any cheaper model ok?

Regular Vistor
    Heading to best buy to get one and see if we can't get it rolling tonight!

Eb8

STOP!

You should already have a router - it may have been provided by your ISP. Adding a second router to the mix is not advisable. You probably don't need a router. More likely, what you need is a wireless bridge aka wireless media adapter.

Tell us the brand and model of the router or modem providing the Internet connection so we can better advise you...

Regular Vistor
    Ok I will when I get home I have a router just I don't want to run a USB cable through multiple rooms so I'll update when I get home thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast