Thread: PM1 status light blinking. No probe readings.

Regular Vistor

PM1 status light blinking. No probe readings.

I've had the unit for 6-7 months with temp probe and BOB with no problems. I added a pH probe about a week ago, then noticed there were gaps in the recorded data a day or so ago.

Tonight I glanced at the display module and the pH reading was gone! The PM1 status light was slowly blinking green. It was an intermittent problem and would go away for a while if I unplugged all the connections to other units so that it powered down and back up, but then came back.

I can't find a thing on troubleshooting in any documentation. Anyone know what's going on?

Go to the classic dashboard in the module setup page. Check to see if the pm1 says old or ok on its firmware. If it says old, then update its firmware.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can PROVE it mathematically.

If you continue to have the problem, and both your controller and PM1 firmware is current as Zombie suggests, then unplug and replug your controller to restart it. If it then still fails, I suggest opening a ticket with Neptune Support while you still have warranty time. They can connect in to your controller, check the PM1, and if needed, have you return it for repair.
    Bert

Regular Vistor
    Well the problem disappeared for about 6 wks but now is back in a similar form.

The PM1 module light is on steady but there is no pH or temp probe reading at all for two days.

I have not updated software but intend to attempt that tonight (although I don't completely understand how something that was working and broke is going to be fixed w a software update). Wish me luck.

I have attempted unplugging the module, and powering down the whole system both without effect.

Change the probe name. Sometimes that helps.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can PROVE it mathematically.

Quote Originally Posted by Velodog2 View Post
    Well the problem disappeared for about 6 wks but now is back in a similar form.

The PM1 module light is on steady but there is no pH or temp probe reading at all for two days.

I have not updated software but intend to attempt that tonight (although I don't completely understand how something that was working and broke is going to be fixed w a software update). Wish me luck.

I have attempted unplugging the module, and powering down the whole system both without effect.
    Sorry you're having problems. It would be helpful reading your post and trying to think of suggestions to help, to know what firmware you are on as well as if your PM1 shows "OK" on the module status page -- indicating for that level of firmware, you have also updated your module to the recommended release.

As a former software programmer (and someone that has zero insider info related to the Apex), all I can say is "lots of things" in response to why the problem all of a sudden appeared to rear its head. Even the most robust software will eventually encounter some condition that throws it's programmers assumptions logic off -- and then of course, the underlying hardware can always come up with its own problems or cause a condition the software (or firmware in this case) is not expecting.
    Bert

Regular Vistor
    Thank you all for the replies.

I've seemingly succeeded in upgrading the controller firmware. It is now 4.32_7A14. Status of all module firmware is "ok".

I went into probe setup to attempt to rename them and discovered that the pH and temp probe from the PM1 module had somehow both been switched to "disabled". Aha. So I enabled them.

However now I have a pH reading of 40.8 and a sump temp of 529. And alarms going off all over.

Also, incidentally, after the upgrade it seemed to break the dashboard function in my web browser. But, after a while it came back. But now I am having trouble getting the menu items to reload.

Any tips?

Regular Vistor
    Things seem to be straightening out. The web page is working again as is the dashboard.

The pm1 temp probe needed to be "recalibrated" and seems ok now. I'm guessing I need to do the same with the pH probe.

Would feel far better if I knew how things had gotten so messed up considering how much faith I have to put in this thing.

Regular Vistor
    And all is back to normal. Perhaps when I feel brave enough I will play with Fusion now.