Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: RLSS DC Pumps

A quick google search showed nothing new about an APEX controllable RLSS pump.
    From a product that is "a week out" of being available, they sure are keeping the lid on leaks...
    better than Apple ever did...

Here's what RLSS said to me

Hi, Eric,

Thanks for your interests in our products.

We are going to launch a RJ45 controller very shortly. Via this RJ45 controller, our DC pumps can be connected to any controller support the RS232, including the APEX, if the controller's software support as well.

Thanks for your attention.

Best regards

Eddie Ye

So I'm going back and asking my LFS exactly what am I getting on my tank build....stay tunned.

Interesting that he says RS232; I'd expected it would use 0-10v control.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    Interesting that he says RS232; I'd expected it would use 0-10v control.
    Yes, I agree. We may be dealing with language challenges and perhaps a more marketing-sorta-guy than a technical one that may be more careful with such detail. Eddie also responded to my inquiry back in April, and his response led me to believe there would be a RJ45 connection from my Apex to the new RLSS/Waveline controller (which I extrapolated to a 0-10v I could drive via a varspeed port). Perhaps one day we'll know for sure when one of the new physical controllers hit the market somewhere. ;-)
    Bert

Frequent Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean Donaldson View Post
    This product is not from RLSS and is not sanctioned by us. Buyer beware. We have not tested this and use of this could void your warranty should something happen and we find the fault was in this device. This is no different than our stand on wiring up any DIY solution.

RLSS is working to have their pumps Apex Ready. Jebao is not and due to the quality of some of their components, would likely not be given the Apex Ready stamp of approval.

Frequent Visitor
    RLSS told me they are releasing an official one imminently... in fact they said they would announce it a week ago. Can you shed any light Terrence?

Frequent Contributor
    RLSS told me they are releasing an official one imminently... in fact they said they would announce it a week ago. Can you shed any light Terrence?
    Sorry, no can do. That is their product and their messaging. All I can say is that we are working with them to have an Apex Ready solution. Any more information than that will have to come from them.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Terence View Post
    Sorry, no can do. That is their product and their messaging. All I can say is that we are working with them to have an Apex Ready solution. Any more information than that will have to come from them.
    probably look just like the Jebao unit on sale now with a different label and pri$e tag. LOL

Frequent Visitor
    Maybe just maybe with a little luck we will see it at Reef-A-Palooza. Waveline is supposed to be there. But then again the apex compatible DC pump thing has been rumored forever. Maybe when NS is done with WAV they'll make return pumps, looking at you Terrence. Ahh the stuff daydreams are made of.

I bet the waveline pumps I'm getting will have a link something like the one Dean mentioned above.

My tank is being delivered either next week or the following... I will report back with pictures. I know my fish tank installer will be going to RAP hopefully he has time next week to install but gut feeling it will be the following week.

Frequent Visitor
    Heard from RLSS re: the fish-street connection and they saying it "won't" work with a DC6000 - not sure why?

Further more, they said "The 2nd sample controller already submitted to Neptune months ago and they are still working on it, we are working on the 3rd one for the easy plug-in version to see if we can speed up the approval"

My LFS that's putting my tank together had me switch to DC10000.

Heard from RLSS re: the fish-street connection and they saying it "won't" work with a DC6000 - not sure why?

Further more, they said "The 2nd sample controller already submitted to Neptune months ago and they are still working on it, we are working on the 3rd one for the easy plug-in version to see if we can speed up the approval"
    They said that because of liability. The jebao connection will most definately work for retuns up to 100W. It will probably work for higher wattage returns as well, but Im not sure what gage wire they use without opening one up

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can PROVE it mathematically.

Frequent Visitor

Any updates?

Regular Vistor
    Ya looking for updates as well to control my waveline 10000 with my apex

Quote Originally Posted by rharkins View Post
    Ya looking for updates as well to control my waveline 10000 with my apex
    If you have the gen 1, the torx wiring harness works.

Frequent Visitor

Any updates?

I just order a new Waveline DC Controller so I can control my pump via apex fusion

I understand I need to connect via cat5 or ethernet from the controler to apex.

Looking forward to creating some flow paterns within fusion. Has anyone done this yet? SHARE

Will I need to update apex, if yes to what version.

Frequent Visitor
    Yes, cat5 from Apex or VDM varspd port to the controller. Keep in mind that the waveline controller overrides the apex speed and control. Therefore check to see what min speed on controller you want to set at so there is enough pressure to go through your pipes and leave it there. Either setup a profile for ramp mode, pump mode does not work with waveline for some reason, and program your varspd port outlet appropriately. Or alternatively, what I have use is the apex fusion wizard. Again keep in mind that if your controller is set to 50% manually, then the lowest you should program speed in Apex is 50%. Any lower and the WL controllers speed control takes over. This inherently makes in not possible to ramp down to zero or set to zero via varspd port programming, therefore using a physical outlet on an EB8 is paramount with the apex ready waveline controllers. Then program the outlet accordingly when needing to shutdown pump.

I have 2 return pumps that oscillate every 30 min opposite of each other via fusion wizard, because the oscillate function with 'pump' profile does not work.

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk

CoralNerd, if you are already using APEX Fusion, the you don't need to update firmware.

We can't help you with programming unless you say how you intend to use the pump.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

I'm using the pump as a closed loop pump.

I want to ramp down and ramp up every 15 seconds.

I also want the pump to be on a lower setting at night.

RLSS DC Pumps

Ramping up and down every 15 seconds is not possible. The shortest duration of a ramp is 1 minute. However, toggling/oscillating between two speeds is easy.

Define a daytime profile:

Name CL_Day
    Type Pump
    Sync off
    Divide by 10 off
    Initial Off 0
    On 15
    Off 15
    On Intensity 100
    Off Intensity 50

Define a second profile:

Name CL_Night
    Type Pump
    Sync off
    Divide by 10 off
    Initial On 0
    On 15
    Off 15
    On Intensity 50
    Off Intensity 30

If you'd prefer a constant flow at night, use this instead:

Type Ramp
    Ramp Time 1
    Start and End Intensity both 30

Then, program the Variable outlet for the pump:

Fallback ON (or OFF as you prefer)
    Set CL_Day
    If Time 21:00 to 06:59 Then CL_Night

Adjust intensities in the profiles and the period covered by the If Time statement as desired.

This can be further enhanced for use of Feed Cycles.

Frequent Visitor
    Type Pump profile does not work with those controllers as far as I can tell.

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk

RLSS DC Pumps

Quote Originally Posted by Geokiris View Post
    Type Pump profile does not work with those controllers as far as I can tell.
    I can't envision why they wouldn't - the RLSS interfaces use Variable (VarSpd ports). Pump profiles work with every other type of pump which uses 0-10v control.

There may be constraints on how quickly the pumps can change speeds and therefore how short a time can be used in a Pump profile.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast