Thread: Trying to update: first of all I don't think I'm in "safemode with networking"

Trying to update: first of all I don't think I'm in "safemode with networking"

I kept hitting F8 while turning computer on and moved down to "safemode with networking" and hit enter. after booting up there were big icons but when I tried to update firmware at the flash utility, a window appeared saying a Windows Firewall blocked some of the features of the program.

After clicking okay on that I tried to click where it says <update firmware> on the flash utility and it said, "waiting for input from Apex, timed out". Below that it said, "trying to connect: attempt _" and I waited for up to 40 attempts and nothing.

Are you certain you are configuring the address for the apex correctly?

You can use the browse button next to the apex address and the uploaded will find the apex, then enter the username and password and it should work.

Ok kenargo that worked but now I have a new problem: updating webpages. Does it need to be done with this revision? After clicking on <update webpages> it said, "uploading file aihost.bin". Below that it said, "unable to connect to remote server". This was just seconds after updating firmware.

You need to wait a minute after updating the firmware before attempting to update the web pages... The Apex restarts after getting the new firmware load.

A web page update is always required as part of the overall firmware update process
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

The apex address changed on me. Got 'R done tho

The "browse" feature of the upload utility can find an any Apex on your network; it might be something to keep in mind if you have similar issues in the future. You can even open the Apex webpage from the upload utility.