Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dual Dos Reservoir?

New User

Dual Dos Reservoir?

Does anyone have the dimensions of this? Really liking the new Dos system but want to know price of DDR and dimensions if possible.

Frequent Visitor
    Well Its not out yet So the price is TBD I guess. Judging by the hype I'm also guessing it isn't going to be cheap.. The size stated in the ad is Approx. 9.5" X 5" X 5" wght albs

Frequent Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by puggleman View Post
    Does anyone have the dimensions of this? Really liking the new Dos system but want to know price of DDR and dimensions if possible.

The DDR has two, 2-liter capacity cylinders. It is very compact. It will be approximately 10.5"Wx5.5"Dx8.5"T

It includes the optical level sensors and supporting hardware.

The retail price has yet to be set but should be less than $200. That is the most I can say at this point.

Frequent Visitor

None Too Soon

Since I will have to wait for availability of the DDR before I dismantle my DIY doser system, I must wait to purchase the DOS so I can complete the installation all in one go.

Looking forward to NS's announcement when I can get my hands on this stuff!

Judging by the dimensions stated for the DDR, it looks like two Hanna HI-190M stirrers side by side will work just fine. This unit is 4-13/16" square. Does anyone foresee any difficulties with this?

Frequent Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Terence View Post
    The DDR has two, 2-liter capacity cylinders. It is very compact. It will be approximately 10.5"Wx5.5"Dx8.5"T

It includes the optical level sensors and supporting hardware.

The retail price has yet to be set but should be less than $200. That is the most I can say at this point.
    Is there going to be an option to have a a small power head that we could put in one or both of the chambers to stir up the media if needed and have a slot for a power cord????
    Jon

It's not a reactor - the DDR as shown so far is a dual reservoir for pre-mixed solutions.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    It's not a reactor - the DDR as shown so far is a dual reservoir for pre-mixed solutions.
    I understand it is not a reactor but what I am wanting to do is put AcroPower Amino acids for the corals in the DDR, but it need to be stirred before dosing and does NOT have to be refrigerated.... so I was thinking if possible putting in a little rio pump to stir the ArcoPower in the DDR before dosing to the aquarium...

Thanks
    Jon

Why not : If you can find a pump small enough and have a mean to route the wire .

Alain

Frequent Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by alainb600 View Post
    Why not : If you can find a pump small enough and have a mean to route the wire .

Alain
    I am trying to see if Neptune could implement a notch (or something) in the top that could be covered with a rubber plug or something for a power cord to go threw would be a great additional feature to the DDR to expand the units capability...instead of getting the unit and right off the bat perform a DIY modification....lol
    Jon

New User
    Can anyone tell me when the reservoir will be released. I pre-ordered the fluid system and set it up, now I'd love to get my hands on the dual reservoir to go with it. I'm chomping at the bit here to get my hands on it.
    Thanks,
    Saltman.

Terence recently said it would ship sometime in the first quarter of next year.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    Terence recently said it would ship sometime in the first quarter of next year.
    I'll keep my fingers crossed. Thanks for the update.

Frequent Visitor
    I am eagerly waiting for the DDR release!

New User
    Has this not been released yet?

Frequent Contributor
    Sorry guys, but you can thank the dock workers all along the west coast for this and other delays from our company as well as others. Raw materials and products have been and will continue to be tied up for weeks. Sad situation really.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by Terence View Post
    Sorry guys, but you can thank the dock workers all along the west coast for this and other delays from our company as well as others. Raw materials and products have been and will continue to be tied up for weeks. Sad situation really.
    My Company has been stung by this too! We're finally starting to receive shipments, but they're coming in really weird. Stuff that was due in early December is still sitting in boats off shore. Stuff that isn't due in until next month, is now on the rail from West Coast to Mid-West. They're definitely not off-loading in a FIFO manner. Makes me wonder if someone big - like let's say Apple - might have something they want off-loaded - like let's say a bunch of Watches - and they're paying to get the vessels with their goods prioritized - and anyone who has product on that vessel is just getting lucky ...

Regular Vistor

DDR

Terence, any updates on the DDR release date? Hoping for some good news here sometime soon..

Frequent Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by neptdude View Post
    Terence, any updates on the DDR release date? Hoping for some good news here sometime soon..
    Initial beta systems are going into some customers hands beginning late this week. If we get good feedback, we should be shipping a very limited quantity within weeks.

Regular Vistor
    Great - thanks. Does that mean that if all goes well, they may be available for pre-order within a few weeks? And would that be from Neptune direct only, or will it be available from the standard retailers, i.e. Marine Depot, Bulk Reef Supply, etc.?

Frequent Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by neptdude View Post
    Great - thanks. Does that mean that if all goes well, they may be available for pre-order within a few weeks? And would that be from Neptune direct only, or will it be available from the standard retailers, i.e. Marine Depot, Bulk Reef Supply, etc.?
    Trust me, you will know when it is available if you are on any of the resellers mailing lists. Keep an eye out for it there and for our FB announcement. We will NOT be selling them direct.

Frequent Visitor
    so the reservoir will tell us how many mL remain? or just tell us once the eye determines that the container is low?

Once the eye determines the level is low. However, if you carefully measure how much water it takes for the eye to detect the water, then you will know that you had that amount of water as soon as you recieved your first alert (assumung you add an email alert for it) that will give you X hours to fill it before its completely empty.

Frequent Contributor
    With the DDR you can "reset" the level and based on what is dosed out of that side (coordinated to the corresponding DOS pump) it will deduct that amount and show it correctly on a dashboard graphic. Additionally the optical sensor can trip and send you and alarm or be used like any switch condition.

Frequent Visitor
    Any update when they will be available

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Chris155hp View Post
    Any update when they will be available
    See posts 18 & 20

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast