Thread: Radion Firmware update 1.07 - "Fatal Error"

Regular Vistor

Radion Firmware update 1.07 - "Fatal Error"

Hello,
    I'm in the process of updating my Radion Pro Gen 3 to the new 1.07 firmware. I'm repeatedly shown the "Fatal Error - Firmware cannot be updated" message. The Radion unit becomes unresponsive until I reload the 1.06 version.

This update will allow my Radions (and Vortechs) to be attached to WXM without the 'missing' issues as previously noted.

I have followed the instructions as per previous post by Paul and also tips from other post. My WXM is SW Rev 10, Rev 1.14, RF Rev 1.2.

Is there a work around this?

Cheers
    Marcus

Director, Customer Experience Paul's Avatar
    You are likely using a newer version of the connection manager and did not sign out of your ESL account. See the picture walkthrough here:

http://neptunesystems.freshdesk.com/...les/3000018600

Regular Vistor
    Thanks Paul. The link to the connection manager is broken ... is the link to the CM on your post valid?

Frequent Visitor
    i have had same issue. I've spoke to EcoTech. They are saying the new batch of lights uses a new motherboard and is unlikely to be updated in a way that is described here. You can check to see if your lights have 2.1 on the OS within EcoTech live or serial number 67... onwards. Mine have - and presently they can not confirm if they are Apex compatible... they will be in touch.

Regular Vistor
    Hello,
    Thanks for the extra info. I gave up trying after a 3rd attempt. My S/N starts with 55, and not sure re: how to read the OS.
    Its a shame that EcoTech cannot guarantee Apex compatibility with all new generation of components ..... Im sure a percentage of clients have Apex compatibility in mind when they make their purchase, I am one of them!

Frequent Visitor
    I agree. 55 was batch before. I had those and had issues with them and they sent me 67s. But it's thrown up the apex issue. We need to sort this for sure. I am in same boat

Frequent Visitor
    EcoTech were great - i now had 3 x 2 units sent over (as 2 pairs were problematic) and latest ones are fine. The new 2.1 OS on rad pros is Apex compatible by default. So looks like teething troubles but got there in the end... both Apex and EcoTech support were great once got in direct communication...

Regular Vistor
    Thanks for the info Dean.
    Im not sure how the distributors for Radions in Aust will react when I request for a change just for the newest OS. .... I have 5 units.
    Thus far, I'm using ESL for the foreseeable future i.e. too hard basket!

Quote Originally Posted by marcusbptan View Post
    Thanks for the info Dean.
    Im not sure how the distributors for Radions in Aust will react when I request for a change just for the newest OS. .... I have 5 units.
    Thus far, I'm using ESL for the foreseeable future i.e. too hard basket!
    There is no functional difference between Radions operating the 2.1.X FW and 1.7.X FW. The 2.1.X FW is compatible with the WXM out of the box. The 1.7.X FW needs to be updated to 1.7.8 to be 100% compatible. If you need assistance in updating your FW EcoTech or Neptune Systems will be happy to assist you with this.

Paul

Regular Vistor
    Hi Paul The Mac Link to connection manager DMG is still broken on this page your download is fine though. Had a few problem with this turned out my usb cable got fried new cable and all was fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    You are likely using a newer version of the connection manager and did not sign out of your ESL account. See the picture walkthrough here:

http://neptunesystems.freshdesk.com/...les/3000018600

Frequent Contributor iamchadster's Avatar
    Same issue as the original post. When trying to upgrade I get the fatal error message. I figured out that I was trying it with the newer version of esl connection manager. I uninstalled it and downloaded the correct older version, but now on my Window 10 machine I can't install the "special" version of ecosmart connection manager as "launch anywhere installer" gives me this error. I have no clue what this means and am stuck at 1.7.6 on the Radions. Any help would be greatly appreciated. BTW I have running it in compatibility mode for all prev version of windows listed. Also used the compatibility troubleshooter.

Capture.PNG
    Chad

Quote Originally Posted by iamchadster View Post
    Same issue as the original post. When trying to upgrade I get the fatal error message. I figured out that I was trying it with the newer version of esl connection manager. I uninstalled it and downloaded the correct older version, but now on my Window 10 machine I can't install the "special" version of ecosmart connection manager as "launch anywhere installer" gives me this error. I have no clue what this means and am stuck at 1.7.6 on the Radions. Any help would be greatly appreciated. BTW I have running it in compatibility mode for all prev version of windows listed. Also used the compatibility troubleshooter.

Capture.PNG
    Having the same issue ok Mac and Windows 10 and all compatibility modes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had no luck with Windows 10, with with Mac - the DMG file is damaged??
    I managed to get the program running by some miracle when i downloaded it onto a Windows 7 Virtal Machine on my mac, Connecting the USB, and downloading some kind of Java Virtual Machine update and then downloading another Java program for the installanywhere error i got.
    Here are the links that helped me.
    http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/ja...s-2133155.html
    and
    https://community.flexerasoftware.co...staller/page2&
    Specifically this post #7:
    "I work with InstallAnywhere-2014 and Jre1.8.0_65. The same problem occured with me when I define 'C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath' to the PATH System Variable.
    Resolution for me was installation of Jre8 specifically in the C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath."

Hope this helps someone with the same error as I had.