Thread: APEX Jr. is in a bad mood

New User

APEX Jr. is in a bad mood

I came home today to a bubbling thank. Thought it was strange but no big deal I went to go log into Apex Fusion and I get a message that my Apex is not communicating... strange. I restart my wireless Ethernet device. The lights are all flashing claiming there is connectivity but I still cant connect to it via the Apex Fusion or the Apex app on my phone.

Time for old school time, I jump onto the display panel and it is frozen.

I kill the power to the Apex and let it sit for a few seconds and then turn it back on. Now the screen no longer turns on and the status light to my power bar is blinking amber. I take a look at the main unit and the status light on the Apex Jr. also has a amber flashing light.

Ok this sucks.

I am new to the forum but I have had the Apex for about 6-7 months and I am tech savvy. Any suggestions?

I don't like manually doing ATO's and would prefer the unit back up and running.

I unplugged all of the cables including the display and let it sit with no power for a few and then plugged it back in. No go, I was trying to prevent having to unscrew it from the panel to mess with it but if I have to I will.

If cycling the power a few times doesn't do it, then I'd reload the firmware/software. There's some tips here:
    http://forum.neptunesystems.com/show...ating-firmware
    Al

I do not work for Neptune. Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums!
    For Neptune support send an email (don't call) to: [email protected] .
    Manuals for all products including the
    Comprehensive Reference Manual can be found here.

After you get the display working again, do a bootloader update from the display (system -> bootloader update)

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can PROVE it mathematically.

New User
    OK no luck I have power cycled it dozens of times and the screen will not turn on.

With the screen off I have tried to connect to the Apex directly, no luck there ether.

Any other suggestions?

Follow those tips in the link I gave you especially the point about turning off the controller, starting the firmware update, then plugging the controller back into power.

Connecting the controller directly to a laptop can be an option but only if your controller is functional and you're just having difficulty getting the firmware to load.
    Al

I do not work for Neptune. Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums!

New User
    I tried connecting it to my computer to see if I could see the Apex, I followed the steps and turning it on and off. While it was off when I ran the firmware tool it kept getting stuck on some random IP address which is not even part of my networks DHCP pool even if the unit switched back to DHCP mode (i do not recall the exact message that the modules said).

I left the module running hoping that something would happen but even after two hours of the model running nothing ever happened. I started the Apex back up and tried again same results as if it was off stuck on the same IP address. That is when I decided to try to connect directly to it and see if I could access it.

Ever since the unit locked up (6-7 days ago) the screen has shown no signs of life. Still have amber flashing lights on the Apex itself.

If there some sort of reset button to rest it to factory setting? (left right left right up down a b start) I don't care about the config.

I am also assuming that the little breaker button on the Apex if it was tripped that it would pop and you would have to press it to reset it and it is not a fuse that you have to open and pull the breaker to see if it poped. I can imagine it would be a breaker issue how I don't have any thing that would draw much amps from it, no heater or chiller attached to the main unit.

If you've tried all the steps listed in that sticky and none have worked, then contact support.
    Al

New User
    Thanks I opened a case with them yesterday and I am double dipping on support.

Right now they want me to power cycle the AGAIN. Which I will have to do tonight when I get home.

Once again thanks for your feedback and trying to help resolve the issue.