Thread: Fusion displaying web cam feed on Android?

New User

Fusion displaying web cam feed on Android?

I just setup a Dlink web cam and its streaming fine when I login to apexfusion.com from my computer. However, when I go to the site from my Android phone I get no streaming video. Has anyone else had this issue?, I believe its some sort of streaming video plugin for the android, but am not completely sure.

Frequent Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by arejayy View Post
    I just setup a Dlink web cam and its streaming fine when I login to apexfusion.com from my computer. However, when I go to the site from my Android phone I get no streaming video. Has anyone else had this issue?, I believe its some sort of streaming video plugin for the android, but am not completely sure.
    what browser are you using on your Android?
    Jon

New User
    Currently Chrome, but I gave "Dolphin Browser" a try as well with no success.

Frequent Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by arejayy View Post
    Currently Chrome, but I gave "Dolphin Browser" a try as well with no success.
    I use FireFox and it works with my camera (Panasonic)

Question: Do you use Chrome or Chrome BETA

I have heard that the non BETA version of chrome has issues and this could be it....but not sure if this will correct your issue but if you don't use the BETA version try it its free
    Jon

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by jonmos75 View Post
    I use FireFox and it works with my camera (Panasonic)

Question: Do you use Chrome or Chrome BETA

I have heard that the non BETA version of chrome has issues and this could be it....but not sure if this will correct your issue but if you don't use the BETA version try it its free
    Ill give Firefox a try. I also just noticed that when I got home (my tank and apex are at my office), even when log in from my home computer the video feed doesn't display. Should I have done something different configuration wise? I have port forwarding setup and was able to access the video feed via Fusion with no problem while on the same network.

Frequent Visitor
    If you are not using a static ip address or ddns then the ip address changed and that's why you can't access the video

My toilet

Port forwarding is probably not set up right.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    Port forwarding is probably not set up right.
    Russ,

This is setup at my work, but its not a very complex network. My IT guy setup most of the configuration. Is there anything I can bring to his attention to look for? I can access the camera's stream via web and apexfusion from work using the 192.168.1.119:1001 that he setup. But like I said, only from within the office. Its strange because I can access my apex from both inside and outside the office (which he setup as well). Thanks for all the help!

To access the camera from anywhere other than work, you need to use the public IP address. 192.168.x.x won't work remotely. Use the same IP address you use to remotely access the Apex, but specify port 1001 instead of whatever port is used for the Apex.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Ok, so if the apex is setup as 192.168.1.118:999 and the camera's IP is 192.168.1.119 I would change the camera port to :999 rather than :1001 so it would look like this

192.168.119:999?

Thanks!

New User
    I tried changing the port that the apex uses and it didn't work. Is the syntax below for the camera correct?

http://192.168.1.119:1000/video/mjpg.cgi

No. You need to use the PUBLIC IP address - it won't be 192.168.1.x. The right address is the one you use to access the Apex when you are not at work.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    No. You need to use the PUBLIC IP address - it won't be 192.168.1.x. The right address is the one you use to access the Apex when you are not at work.
    Ok, for the apex I have the following IP programmed:

192.168.1.118:1000

What should I have for the camera?

also, is this syntax correct?:

http://192.168.x.x:x/video/mjpg.cgi

thanks for your help with this Russ, sorry for being a pain.