Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New apex controller for jebao pumps

Regular Vistor

New apex controller for jebao pumps

I've just spotted this on fishstreet, it's obviously not an official apex product but nice to have a ready made option for people rather than diying our own cables.

2 pumps also seem to use only one power supply which is interesting?!?

http://www.fish-street.com/downloads...veline_dc_pump

Frequent Contributor jrlamountain's Avatar
    Terrence said that these are not recommended

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor
    Care to elaborate on why? All they need to have is the correct wiring and a resistor to half the voltage coming out of the apex...

Terrence said that these are not recommended
    See thread

Honestly, there is no difference between using those returns and using a jebao wp40. The chances you will do any damage to your apex are next to impossible and we have had thousands of users attest that the diy torx wiring harness works well without risk of damage to either side. They may not be certified apex ready, but you are fine to use them. More or less Terrence is just covering Neptunes butt with that statement.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can PROVE it mathematically.

Frequent Visitor
    Should receive mine today, will post results

Frequent Contributor jrlamountain's Avatar
    Cool I've been using the reef angles jebao adapter on my apex for over a year now with no issue but I'm sure Neptune dosnt recommend those either this looks like a even easier solution

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

At the price they sell those , i am very doubtfull about the built quality , i will let you guys make all the testing before i put any of those on my system .

Alain

Regular Vistor
    What would be needed if you are running (2) Jebao twins to connect to Apex so they can be seperated?

Regular Vistor
    as the apex has 4 outputs on the one rj45 then you would need 2 of these units but you would need to make an rj45 cable that splits into 2, pretty simple to do and it's what I'll be doing

Frequent Visitor
    I always see this negativity about these Chinese products, The part in question is basically the same as a light dimmer voltage controller, it's basically a 10 dollar part, most people are happy to turn those at there home... Something's just don't need to be expensive, don't require loads of R&D

Regular Vistor
    TheThigIs, I am a complete novice to this and I cant visualize what you are saying. Can you elaborate a little more please.

Frequent Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudimenta View Post
    I always see this negativity about these Chinese products, The part in question is basically the same as a light dimmer voltage controller, it's basically a 10 dollar part, most people are happy to turn those at there home... Something's just don't need to be expensive, don't require loads of R&D
    It has nothing to do with R&D. From our perspective we are basically saying that we can vouch for products that are made by us, or that are part of our Apex Ready program. These adapters may work just fine. On the other hand, due to what is sometimes more lax QC at some chinese factories and no stateside oversight, maybe 1 in 10 have some wires crossed up. Maybe 1 in a thousand.

Here is a good example of something that looks so simple - and clearly overcharged by Apple (sarcasm) - that when made as a knockoff had a not so great outcome. Not saying you will have such dire consequences as this, but it is a similar kind of thing interconnecting unsanctioned products.

http://www.cnet.com/news/warning-ove...s-after-death/

Quote Originally Posted by Terence View Post
    It has nothing to do with R&D. From our perspective we are basically saying that we can vouch for products that are made by us, or that are part of our Apex Ready program. These adapters may work just fine. On the other hand, due to what is sometimes more lax QC at some chinese factories and no stateside oversight, maybe 1 in 10 have some wires crossed up. Maybe 1 in a thousand.

Here is a good example of something that looks so simple - and clearly overcharged by Apple (sarcasm) - that when made as a knockoff had a not so great outcome. Not saying you will have such dire consequences as this, but it is a similar kind of thing interconnecting unsanctioned products.

http://www.cnet.com/news/warning-ove...s-after-death/
    I am not ready to risk my set up who had cost me a few thousand of dollard worth of Apex equipment just to save a buck or two . Others might have different opinions and i respect them . But on the long run , i doubt much that it will be a saving .

Alain

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by simiakos View Post
    TheThigIs, I am a complete novice to this and I cant visualize what you are saying. Can you elaborate a little more please.
    ok basically the apex base unit uses a network cable port called an rj45 which has 8 wires coming out of it, 2 for each item it can control. The jebao adapter allows for 2 pumps to be connected so the rj45 cable it is supplied with will only has 4 wires connected up. All you need to do is make a new cable, like a Y cable that has all 8 wires connected on the apex end and then splits into 2 cables to connect to 2 of these Jebao adapters. Alternatively you could buy an apex dimming module which gives you a second rj45 control port so you connect 1 adapter to the base unit and one to the dimming module, but that's more expensive unless you already have one.

Quote Originally Posted by TheThingIs View Post
    ok basically the apex base unit uses a network cable port called an rj45 which has 8 wires coming out of it, 2 for each item it can control. The jebao adapter allows for 2 pumps to be connected so the rj45 cable it is supplied with will only has 4 wires connected up. All you need to do is make a new cable, like a Y cable that has all 8 wires connected on the apex end and then splits into 2 cables to connect to 2 of these Jebao adapters. Alternatively you could buy an apex dimming module which gives you a second rj45 control port so you connect 1 adapter to the base unit and one to the dimming module, but that's more expensive unless you already have one.
    More or less. See this thread for instructions. You will want 1k ohm 1/4 watt resistors based on my calculations and testing.

http://forum.neptunesystems.com/show...P-Apex-harness

Regular Vistor
    no you don't zombie, these new adapters have it built in, it's plug and play for 2 pumps and a simple wiring of 2 cables into 1 if you want to control 4 pumps

The reef angel cable has resistors built in. Most people dont go this route since you can make a double cable yourself for less than $20 vs the $60 it costs using the reef angel cables and basically the same amount of time is required either way.

You can only control 2 pumps per rj45 connection and not 4.

Quote Originally Posted by TheThingIs View Post
    as the apex has 4 outputs on the one rj45 then you would need 2 of these units but you would need to make an rj45 cable that splits into 2, pretty simple to do and it's what I'll be doing
    This is not how you do it. The apex does not have 4 outputs per rj45 it has 2. If someone wants to control 4 pumps using this new controller rather than the torx wiring harness, they just buy two of these units and plug one rj45 into the v1/v2 port and the other rj45 into the v3/v4 unit.

Regular Vistor
    ok blank moment there, zombie is right. It's been ages since I built my own cable and could have sworn there was only one rj45 that powers the 4 pumps. So ignore me, just plug it in lol

Frequent Visitor
    I live in Asia and part of my business is QA services, yes the majority is crap, but we need parts from Europe and America also and let me tell you a little secret, lots of crap being manufactured in the western world also, QA control is sometimes extremely bad also... Sure you don't want to stand behind this product, which I understand and respect. Just getting extremely tired of all Asian stuff is bad attitude.. Non of my 4 wp have broken down, my mp is in the garbage bin as I have given up on it.. Yes this is most likely an exception but shows that it's all not written in stone

Regular Vistor
    I heard today from LFS that Jebao anounced this week that they are either releasing or have released this week the cable to connect to the APEX. Has anyone heard this?

Frequent Visitor
    Do a google it's out already, I am getting them Monday (stuck in customs)

New apex controller for jebao pumps

Quote Originally Posted by simiakos View Post
    I heard today from LFS that Jebao anounced this week that they are either releasing or have released this week the cable to connect to the APEX. Has anyone heard this?
    Isn't that what people about in this thread are discussing?
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    The ones I was talking about were from street-fish. Not sure if they are same. Rudiments I did a search but didn't find anything.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast