Thread: Web pages intermittently won't load

New User

Web pages intermittently won't load

My dashboard, graphs, just about any web pages frequently load blank. Eventually with enough tries refreshing they will load up. Happens in both IE and chrome. Chrome throws this message in the debugger.
    Failed to load resource http://192.168.10.134/all.js
    Uncaught NetworkError: Failed to execute 'send' on 'XMLHttpRequest': Failed to load 'http://192.168.10.134/all.js'.
    I've tried refreshing cache.
    Some other issues I've had which might be related. If I plug in the display the system basically goes into freakout mode and turns random things on and off, also the display is nearly impossible to navigate when its on, lots of flashing lines of resolution, extreme lag times etc. I've had it disconnected for many months as I don't really need it.
    Android phone app functions, but you have to try to turn something on or off multiple times to get it to stick. I get lots of "Server has timed out" messages.
    Fusion controls also rarely work, usually I'll turn something OFF and it will show off for about 10 seconds but doesn't actually turn anything off, then the page seems to refresh the data and its back to its original position.
    I do have a fair amount of stuff attached but nowhere near the limit. Maybe 12 Energy Bars, 60 outlets or so and 10 or so probe modules and breakout boxes etc.
    Any help is appreciated.

What version of firmware are you running ? This is the latest official version : http://www.neptunesystems.com/firmware/

Make sure that you follow the instructions to the letters ( no short cut ) .

Alain

New User
    Still having similar issues.
    Got this message a moment ago.
    Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET http://192.168.10.134/probes.sht
    Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CACHE_MISS

Simultaneously with that web page error I got a status alarm: Alarm Statement: If fshSal > 38.0 Then ON (28.3)... which doesn't make sense since the salinity of 28.3 is not greater than 38.0. Makes me think maybe some kind of internal reset happened that flipped the alarm on and off real quick?

Should note that I did clear the cache after doing the firmware update.

Is your Apex hard wired to the router or you are using a wifi game adapter ? If you unplug the display do you get better result ?

Alain

New User
    I am hardwired.I do not have the display plugged in. It usually causes massive problems.

I suspect your problem is more network related than Apex related : have you tried to reboot your router ? Does the router firmware has been updated / Do you run the latest version of router firmware ?

Alain

New User
    I reboot the router regularly. And update firmware regularly as well. It could be network related but I am thinking something else is going on as the Neptune brain frequently reboots itself. At least I think it reboots itself. When I'm using the web or phone interface frequently I'll notice that it starts slowing down and then is inaccessible and I'll get a random email alarm about some parameter that should not trigger an alarm. My only thought is that the probe reads 0 for a moment. Also I have problems sometimes renaming things where it just times out. Last night I was trying to rename a probe and could never get it to take. No error messages, no problems on the web page, just would rename, then page would refresh and it would be back to the old name. Tried several different name variations but still haven't been able to rename it.

If you had update the controller with the latest firmware and your network is up to par , there is not much more you can do then email support :

http://www.neptunesystems.com/support/contact-support/

Alain