Thread: New Product Announcement - QED

Frequent Contributor

Exclamation New Product Announcement - QED

April 1, 2015
    Morgan Hill, CA

NEW PRODUCT ANNOUNCEMENT

QED - Quiet Echo Driver

Solved. Finally. For Good.

Aquariums are meant to be seen. Not heard. For far too long aquarists have fought the good fight against aquarium equipment - forever trying to reach the holy grail of tank-silence. Product after product continues to only slightly improve on reducing the din of the average aquarium – but they are never truly silent. It is time to put an end to it all. For good.

Just slip on the QED by Neptune Systems, plug its AquaBus cable into your Apex, and enjoy your 120 gallons of coral fantasy in complete silent bliss! The advanced patent-pending aqua-quantum noise cancellation DSP on the QED listens and identifies every piece of aquarium equipment (pumps, feeder, skimmer, light fans) and then creates a cancelling wave for each and every tiny sound. The result is uncanny.

“I could not believe my ears” said James Sankyo an alpha-tester for the product “it’s like they took the entire aquarium and turned it off – but its still running!”

No, there is no Bluetooth for your phone. No jack for your iPod. This is all about aquarium enjoyment in uninterrupted pure silence.

More information will be coming soon – but for now just know that we have listened to our customers and the solution to the cacophony that is your aquarium is not far off.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Frequent Visitor
    Terence this is a great addition to Apex family. Outstanding looking product that really fills a gap (of need) in the Apex product pipeline.

Bravo......

Quote Originally Posted by Terence View Post
    April 1, 2015
    Morgan Hill, CA

NEW PRODUCT ANNOUNCEMENT

QED - Quiet Echo Driver

Solved. Finally. For Good.

Aquariums are meant to be seen. Not heard. For far too long aquarists have fought the good fight against aquarium equipment - forever trying to reach the holy grail of tank-silence. Product after product continues to only slightly improve on reducing the din of the average aquarium – but they are never truly silent. It is time to put an end to it all. For good.

Just slip on the QED by Neptune Systems, plug its AquaBus cable into your Apex, and enjoy your 120 gallons of coral fantasy in complete silent bliss! The advanced patent-pending aqua-quantum noise cancellation DSP on the QED listens and identifies every piece of aquarium equipment (pumps, feeder, skimmer, light fans) and then creates a cancelling wave for each and every tiny sound. The result is uncanny.

“I could not believe my ears” said James Sankyo an alpha-tester for the product “it’s like they took the entire aquarium and turned it off – but its still running!”

No, there is no Bluetooth for your phone. No jack for your iPod. This is all about aquarium enjoyment in uninterrupted pure silence.

More information will be coming soon – but for now just know that we have listened to our customers and the solution to the cacophony that is your aquarium is not far off.
    Can i get one against my dog barking ?
    Alain

Frequent Contributor jrlamountain's Avatar
    what about the wife lol

Frequent Contributor iamchadster's Avatar
    I think my son had a pair of those already.
    Chad

So do these just cancel out aquarium noise and leave other noises unaffected? Like I could watch TV in the same room as a fish tank and I could hear the TV or :gasp: the girlfriend clearly but not the aquarium noise.

Just the aquarium noises are cancelled. They've got some sort of database of the frequencies and tonality of hundreds of aquarium products and they've engineered this such that it finds the exact match then generates some sort of opposite sound wave to cancel it out. So you'll still hear chicky!
    Al

I do not work for Neptune. Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums!
    For Neptune support send an email (don't call) to: [email protected] .
    Manuals for all products including the
    Comprehensive Reference Manual can be found here.

I'll bet Bose can't Beats this!
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Anyone notice the date?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Taildragon View Post
    Anyone notice the date?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Do you mean the product release date? I did not see one in the announcement. I sure its the typical coming this fall kind of thing.

Frequent Visitor
    Nice April fools...

Frequent Contributor
    The true meaning of QED
    Attached Images Attached Images

I wish Neptune would release the wav instead of jokes.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

If they released it before it was ready, that would be a bad joke!

I've always believed you shouldn't announce something until it's available. There's a number of bad things that can result:

1) Gives competition a leg up;
    2) Problems, glitches in the development cycle cause unanticipated delays that p*** off customers;
    3) Locks customer expectations to product specifications which makes it difficult to change specs after announcing (see #2).

There's just little benefit to announcing something just to promote market buzz. IMHO!

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Terence View Post
    The true meaning of QED
    There was no need for a follow up Terence....at least I hope so.

Frequent Visitor
    BUT there is a need for a follow up to the WAV ; )

Regular Vistor
    You must be kidding! I would rather see the APEX engineering team spend their time on useful projects for monitoring and controlling my aquarium, such as, a pump flow and/or pressure metering system for APEX.

Frequent Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglro View Post
    You must be kidding! I would rather see the APEX engineering team spend their time on useful projects for monitoring and controlling my aquarium, such as, a pump flow and/or pressure metering system for APEX.
    Yes, we were kidding. It was April Fools Day. See post #12

Regular Vistor
    OK, LOL, you got me! However, we still need an inline APEX flow and/or pressure device to monitor pump outputs. I would prefer an inline flow meter with the output read on the dashboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Douglro View Post
    OK, LOL, you got me! However, we still need an inline APEX flow and/or pressure device to monitor pump outputs. I would prefer an inline flow meter with the output read on the dashboard.
    Look at Neptune's MACNA announcements for this year. You will be pleasantly surprised