Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AI Light Sticky Program

New User

AI Light Sticky Program

I want to use the AI light program in the sticky to control my Reef Radiance lights. I do not have a VDM yet I just got the full apex this week. Right now I am using the varspd ports on the base to control my lights and that is working fine. I used the light wizard to draw a curve for each channel of lights and that is working well. My question is can i use the varspd ports for the vdm outlets that are used in the program and if so how would I go about making those changes to the program? I have already created my profiles and 8 virtual outlets.
    Thanks
    Ken

I'm assuming that you are referring to the sticky for AI Sols. The older AI Sols used the serial port on a VDM. You don't need a VDM - the VarSpd ports embedded in the Apex are the same as those in the VDM.

In order to use the season table-based programming in that sticky, you will need to modify the profiles to match your color channels. I don't know how they are set up in the RR LEDs. You can use cloudy effects, but lightning will not work. Moonlighting won't work either.... IIRC, the RR LEDs don't dim below ~10% intensity, making then unsuitable for use as moonlighting.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Yeah I have whites & blues that are dimmable. I am using varspd one and two to control them right now. I do have moon lights but they don't dim. I am going to control my moon lights with an outlet. I was just worried about where the sticky said not to use the varspd ports but make my own but I have to use the ones in the base unit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by ken77 View Post
    the sticky said not to use the varspd ports but make my own
    That was pertaining to using VarSpd for the virtual outlets - I always recommend that people don't use them as VOs, even if they are not currently using them for 0-10v controllable devices. More than one person (myself included) has found themselves doing a bunch of reprogramming because we used VarSpds as VOs then later decided to add some 0-10 equipment and needed those VarSpd outlets. It's better to just create and use the VOs right up front, IMO.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    I am stump I read the sticky on virtual outlets and I created eight using the config page in the modules setup in classic dashboard. Then I returned to fusion. How do I make one of those virtual outlets into my Blue Led virtual out let if I am curfew controlling my blue leads with the varspd1_I1.

The blue and white LED outlet are the VarSpd outlets to which you connect the dimming control interface of the lights. They are not virtual outlets.

New User
    Ok that helps those are my varspd 1 & 2. I had brain freeze I guess. I kept think that vdm outlet was virtual outlet even though I know better.
    Thanks

New User
    Anyone notice anything wrong with this code. Using 3 reef radiance dm 155m. I tried to adapt the AI code in the sticky. I made following profiles but I could not figure the best way to post them.
    BL_Rise
    BL_Set
    BL_Day
    WH_Rise
    WH_Set
    WH_Day
    Stormy
    Cloudy
    Steady 20
    Steady 70

Here is the code I used.

Led_3_1(outlet)
    Fallback OFF
    Set OFF
    If Outlet Varspd3_I3 = ON Then ON
    If Outlet Varspd4_I4 = ON Then ON
    Defer 000:05 Then ON
    Defer 000:05 Then OFF

VarSpd3_I3(MY BLUES)
    If Sun 120/-360 Then BL_Rise
    If Sun 360/120 Then BL_Set
    If Sun 180/060 Then BL_Day
    If Outlet Clouds = ON Then Cloudy
    If Outlet Storms = ON Then Stormy
    If Outlet Led-On-20 = ON Then Steady20
    If Outlet Led-On-70 = ON Then Steady70

VarSpd4(My Whites)
    If Sun 120/-360 Then WH_Rise
    If Sun 360/120 Then WH_Set
    If Sun 180/060 Then WH_Day
    If Outlet Clouds = ON Then Cloudy
    If Outlet Storms = ON Then Stormy
    If Outlet Led-On-20 = ON Then Steady20
    If Outlet Led-On-70 = ON Then Steady70

Storms (virtual outlet)
    OSC 000:00/037:00/636:00 Then ON
    If Time 19:30 to 13:59 Then OFF
    Min Time 037:00 Then ON
    If DoW S-T-T-S Then OFF

Clouds (Virtual Outlet)
    OSC 000:00/037:00/636:00 Then ON
    If Time 19:30 to 13:59 Then OFF
    Min Time 037:00 Then ON
    If DoW -M-W-F- Then OFF

Everytime I move the varspd outlets to auto the come on right away at 40 % regardless of the time.
    Thanks
    Ken
    Last edited by ken77; 04-06-2015 at 20:44. Reason: omission

Where are you getting the 40% value from? Are you seeing that on the VarSpd tiles?

New User
    My reef radiance lights will on get power from 40 - 75 when used with the apex
    They start off at that in the tiles right now varspd 3 shows 61 and varspd 4 shows 49. Russ I think you still have view rights to my apex.

New User
    It is 2:36 and my lights are have already ramped down to 46% on each channel.

It is 2:36 and my lights are have already ramped down to 46% on each channel.
    They are currently back up at your max (Blue 61 & White 49). I can't see the tiles for the Cloudy and Stormy VOs, not do you have logging enabled for those but I suspect that what you saw at that time was one of the semi-random Clouds events.

Do yourself a favor - rename the two VarSpds you used to LED_Blue and LED_White

New User
    Could be but I did panic and twiked the sun rise and sunset statements. I have read about them but I really don't understand them very well. I want the sun to come up about two hrs latter and set about two hours latter. I turned those logs on as well as dragging those tiles down where they can be seen. I will rename those two ports after the program shuts down tonight.

New User
    I am stumped as soon as I turn my blue or white led outlets to auto they jump to the day time intensity. I tried it just now and they still do it close to five hours after sunset.

You are missing the necessary Set Off statement as the first line in each VarSpd.

New User
    I dont know how I missed that. Guess it pays have more eyes look at it. Any way I think that did. I just turned the blue, white vos and the led outlet on. Blue seems to be ramping and white is at zero. I am going to monitor it through out the day.
    Thanks Ken

New User
    Well seemed to be working ok but at around 1pm my whites ramped down to 0 and then came back almost an hour later at day time intensity.

New User
    I must have something wrong in the code. The Same thing happened with my lights today. The white set seems to be happening before the white day. Here is part of my log.

182015-04-09 12:47:00 -0500Led_WhiteWH_Set
    192015-04-09 13:47:00 -0500Led_WhiteWH_Day

Somewhere along the line you changed the White outlet program to this:

If Sun 240/-360 Then WH_Rise
    If Sun 360/030 Then WH_Set
    If Sun 420/000 Then WH_Day

The last If Sun line is the problem... you have it starting later an hour later than the start of the WH_Set. So, WH_set is coming active for an hour in the afternoon, then the WH_Day goes active for a few hours, and then WH_Set will be active again late in the day.

It appears that you changed some ramp times too. For example, you have a 224 minute ramp in your WH_Rise profile. Your white times don't match up with the blue times either. Bottom line is that I cannot figure out, by examining your programming and profiles, how it is you want the lights to operate, so I can't tell you specifically what you need to fix.

New User
    Here is what I was trying to accomplish. Blue rise would start 2 hours after sun rise then ramp for 2hrs and then the blue day would continue then Blue sunset would start 2 hours after sunset and would have a 30 min ramp down.
    For the whites I wanted White sun rise to start 4 hours after sun rise and then for as long as possible(3 hours is as long as fusion would let me) I would like the white day to run four hours ending as close to 8 pm as possible and then have white sunset begin with a 30 min ramp down. I know there will some variations in the time because I am using the season table that is ok. I think i got the blue code right. How do you think I should change the white code?
    Thanks
    Ken

What ramp up duration do you want for white?

New User
    I was trying to use 180 for the white up. I only chose that because I was trying to push the white day back to start as close to 4pm as I could. Even then by my calculations which admittedly are probably off I was going to have to live with my White day starting at around 2pm. That seemed as for as I could get it to push back.
    Thanks
    Last edited by ken77; 04-09-2015 at 13:54. Reason: grammar

I am stumped as soon as I turn my blue or white led outlets to auto they jump to the day time intensity. I tried it just now and they still do it close to five hours after sunset.

Thats kinda how it works with traditional profiles. Anytime a ramp is started, it will start over regardless of what time it currently is. If you want it to interpolate where the intensity should be if the apex ever restarts or changes to on/off and then back to auto in the middle of a ramp, you need to use the wizard.

New User
    I understand that Zombie. I think it is starting over though because I dont have the length of my white rise and white day correct some how. I just have to figure out what I am doing wrong

I understand that Zombie. I think it is starting over though because I dont have the length of my white rise and white day correct some how. I just have to figure out what I am doing wrong

If it has been in auto for a while and it isnt running the right profile at the right time, then it would be an issue with your code (I havent seen the most recent version, so there may be problems there). But regardless of whether the code is good or not, changing from on/off to auto will ALWAYS start the profile over at the moment it changes to auto.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast