Thread: DoS Missing Dose Isuse

Frequent Visitor

DoS Missing Dose Isuse

Thanks RussM:

Attachment 4155Attachment 4156Attachment 4157
    I am having the same issue: dosing 2-part 50.2ml AM/PM respectively (Alk/Cal); Alk/AM dosing @ 0.7ml (00:00-12:30pm) last dose dosing 1.2ml. Cal/PM dosing @ 0.8ml (13:00-23:59) last dose dosing 1.4ml, any fix yet? I don't get this. But my main fusion dash says total Alk dose: 49.5ml and Calk says 49.4ml but DoS still dosing till 23.59... very frustrating indeed! does this explain the really low last dose? I dot know.
    Just changed to New DoS dosing program via fusion wizard no activity log yet:
    Cut down from 24hr dosing 50.2ml 2-part, to dosing 50.2ml over a 4 hour period. Hope this works. Any help would be great! Thanks again Reduck and RussM!!

Screen Shot 2015-04-20 at 9.05.22 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2015-04-20 at 9.07.00 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2015-04-20 at 9.07.47 PM.jpg

Frequent Visitor
    Even with the new wizard programing dosing 2-part @ 50.2ml (AM-Alk/PM-Calk) in 4 hour intervals (see tdata); DoS is still dosing last dose at a greater rate:4ml Is there a fix for this yet?
    Screen Shot 2015-04-21 at 7.59.51 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2015-04-21 at 8.00.06 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2015-04-21 at 8.02.31 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2015-04-21 at 8.05.12 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2015-04-21 at 8.05.37 PM.jpg

Frequent Visitor
    I can't seem to tweak the Dos to get an exact and even distribution of 50.2ml dosing w/in the time-frame (4 Hrs) I specified...this is a huge disappointment, this is too much work for such an expensive machine! Any help anyone?

I don't have an answer on why it's happening - obviously it's not an even 23 doses and Fusion is making up the difference on the last dose. None of us have access to the actual algorithm that Fusion uses to determine dose, dosing rate, interval between doses, etc.

However, I think if it's really important to you that they be equal, you can create a profile and force it. For example, a dosing rate of 7ml/min forward, dose amount of 2.1ml, interval of 600 sec and 24 doses should give you 24 equal doses of 2.1ml over a 4 hour (240 min) period.
    Al

I do not work for Neptune. Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums!
    For Neptune support send an email (don't call) to: [email protected] .
    Manuals for all products including the
    Comprehensive Reference Manual can be found here.

It's the way that the internal algorithm works. Basically what it does is it tries to use the same dose over the widest period possible (in your case every 10 minutes) Whatever remainder that it is unable to split into the other doses gets tacked onto the end. If you increase the dose to 50.4, they will all be the same.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by aquamanic View Post
    I don't have an answer on why it's happening - obviously it's not an even 23 doses and Fusion is making up the difference on the last dose. None of us have antic access to the actual algorithm that Fusion uses to determine dose, dosing rate, interval between doses, etc.

However, I think if it's really important to you that they be equal, you can create a profile and force it. For example, a dosing rate of 7ml/min forward, dose amount of 2.1ml, interval of 600 sec and 24 doses should give you 24 equal doses of 2.1ml over a 4 hour (240 min) period.
    Thanks Auqamanic, not a huge problem for me, just concerned if it's actually putting out 50.2ml at the end of the day. Based on fusion main tile it is not. Is it missing a dose or just not recording the dose? Thanks again.

I would assume it's just not recording one. There is a bug right now that is causing doses to be misreported for some users. If it says the same (wrong) dose every day, please contact support so they can take additional information from you to trace down why it is misdosing.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    I would assume it's just not recording one. There is a bug right now that is causing doses to be misreported for some users every 18 hours. Since you have a 4 hour window, I would expect it to show correct for 3 days and misreport 1 day. If it says the same (wrong) dose every day, please contact support so they can take additional information from you to trace down why it is misdosing.
    Thanks zombie, I did notice w/ the 24 hr dosing window, sometime Dos did putout 50.2ml, I just wizard the 4 hour window, maybe it will hit my mark in 3days. I'll watch for it and let you know. Thanks again!

Frequent Visitor
    Up date: This is the 3rd day since programing Dos to 4 hours dosing 50.2ml, and it show on main fusion tile dosing that amount for Alk and Calk respectively, and zombie says that this 50.2ml reading should remain true for 3 days, and misreport on one day. I noticed however, on 22 April that my Calk dosed only total of 16.6ml of the 50.2ml programed, and Alk dosed its regular 50.2ml? seems like this thing just doses what it wills no rhyme or reason. Non the less I will contiune to watch output and be hopeful...3:1 is not that bad right?

Below is today fusion tile amount which is correct and the incorrect 22 April dosing activity:
    Screen Shot 2015-04-23 at 6.32.31 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2015-04-23 at 6.44.53 PM.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Gideon1 View Post
    I noticed however, on 22 April that my Calk dosed only total of 16.6ml of the 50.2ml programed, and Alk dosed its regular 50.2ml?
    Are you referring to the reported dose from the logs, the amount displayed in the fusion tile, or the actual amount dosed?

Frequent Visitor
    Both read the same.

Frequent Visitor
    Don't know the exact dose, all I can go by is activity log and the amount displayed in the fusion tile… Hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by Gideon1 View Post
    Both read the same.
    Odd. Send your info into support as this looks a bit different than other posts I've seen of mislogging. I would update your base unit firmware and DOS firmware if you haven't already.