Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New product announcement - PMK

New User
    That's awesome thanks for the quick response. I'm definitely getting one

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    It tells you how much usable light "coral food" there is at the location you place the sensor and gives you a graph of it.
    So moving it around from time to time to interper the tank well is adviced.

Quote Originally Posted by TimS View Post
    So moving it around from time to time to interper the tank well is adviced.
    Yes and no. Say you are using the sensor to determine when you need to replace your halides for example, you would want to keep it in the same spot and clean it regularly in the tank. But if say you know acropora A is bleaching, Acropora B is growing great, and Acropora C is browning, then you could move the sensor around to find two more spots in the tank with the same value as B and move A and C to those places to maximize growth and coloration.

Yes and no. Say you are using the sensor to determine when you need to replace your halides for example, you would want to keep it in the same spot and clean it regularly in the tank. But if say you know acropora A is bleaching, Acropora B is growing great, and Acropora C is browning, then you could move the sensor around to find two more spots in the tank with the same value as B and move A and C to those places to maximize growth and coloration.
    Or you could try swapping acro A and acro C positions to see if that makes them happy. Then you could use the $300 you saved to buy a couple more acros. Just saying.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

The original post was on June 23 with the line Shipping next month in North America which would have been July and now it is August, can we get an idea when this product may be available now? Thanks

Please don't let us wait too long!!!

Last year Neptune said the wav would be out in spring of 2015. I wish my employer would let me miss deadlines like Neptune does.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjim View Post
    Last year Neptune said the wav would be out in spring of 2015. I wish my employer would let me miss deadlines like Neptune does.

They just announce stuff too quickly IMHO. When the production run is complete and the items are on a truck out for dealer distribution they need to announce it. Its been months and no sign of any more of the DDRS either and no word on them being restocked. You can pre order and pay for the pmk and the ddr, but why would i tie up 600$ of my money for months on end. This is my only problem with the products neptune sells. Support is second to none, and the warranty is as well. Im guessing that this company is not a huge warehouse manufacturer, plus they don't sell just one single product, ie ; aquaillumination--led lights, so they have to deal with many different manufacturers and the time frames it takes for them to build these products. So i guess ill pass on this pmk pre-order. Im all about the ddr and the wav, when they happen!!

Quote Originally Posted by simpletty View Post
    They just announce stuff too quickly IMHO. When the production run is complete and the items are on a truck out for dealer distribution they need to announce it. Its been months and no sign of any more of the DDRS either and no word on them being restocked. You can pre order and pay for the pmk and the ddr, but why would i tie up 600$ of my money for months on end. This is my only problem with the products neptune sells. Support is second to none, and the warranty is as well. Im guessing that this company is not a huge warehouse manufacturer, plus they don't sell just one single product, ie ; aquaillumination--led lights, so they have to deal with many different manufacturers and the time frames it takes for them to build these products. So i guess ill pass on this pmk pre-order. Im all about the ddr and the wav, when they happen!!
    I think they do it to keep people from buying other products. At some point this will backfire as people will get tired of this game and buy the product that is actually available.

New User
    I got an email from Marine Depot at 9:01 pm last night(8/19/15) PMK now in stock and shipping today!

Frequent Contributor
    Did you check out the "Get Started" page and watch the video tutorial? The sensors should be calibrated out of the box but for some reason you may need to calibrate the sensor. This can be done from the display module. Email support if you are stuck.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Terence View Post
    Did you check out the "Get Started" page and watch the video tutorial? The sensors should be calibrated out of the box but for some reason you may need to calibrate the sensor. This can be done from the display module. Email support if you are stuck.
    Have you checked out the videos Terence? I did not see any mention of calibration, or how to add the probe to my home display in the videos. The display setup is covered in the written instructions, it just doesn't work that's all. The display 'sees' my temp and pH probes, but not the Par.

Having calibrated sensors as part of my work for many years.. typically a 1-5vdc, or 4-20mA sensor needs to be calibrated at the high and low end. I can see being able to set the low end by covering the sensor, but how would you set the max? I would think you would have to have a certified reference lighting source to set the top end?

Frequent Contributor
    Yes. I watched them. Of course. I have no idea your capabilities so I always recommend people start there. The video is supposed to be the fastest way to get going for the widest group of people. The calibration procedure is in the manual and only needs to be done on the zero end. As far as seeing it on the display, and assuming it is visible in fusion, I suggest you contact support.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Frequent Contributor
    Seneye measures lux I believe.

Frequent Visitor
    Na, they do par, kelvin, and lux.. Still though, after a few measurements the devices are not that necessary..

Quote Originally Posted by Kungpaoshizi View Post
    Na, they do par, kelvin, and lux.. Still though, after a few measurements the devices are not that necessary..
    Seneye measures lux and kelvin. They estimate par based on those two readings (I verified with the rep at last years MACNA) That's why they can make it so much cheaper and still turn a profit. The sensor used for par measurement is much more expensive, plus it can't integrate with other devices. If you want a cheap way to measure relative lighting intensity and possibly get alerted for ammonia, then the seneye is a great add on, but does not even compare to the PMK.

Frequent Contributor
    The intent of the PMK is that you can study the light intensity over time in different positions in your tank and make adjustments. It also allows you to do programming based on the light values and even alerts.

I think if you look at the PMK as a PAR meter you are not fully getting the potential. We have seen a few creative uses already and with the user base as resourceful as they are, I expect to see many more.

There are many different types of reef tanks, many more types of reefkeepers, and even more ways to make a great tank. I respect your opinion, but I encourage you to open your mind to some of the possibilities real time measuring of light might provide.

Frequent Visitor
    It's actually very comparable to the readings on an Apogee. Overall I fail to see the tangible applications beyond placement. I would love to see automation examples though ��
    Seneye measures lux and kelvin. They estimate par based on those two readings (I verified with the rep at last years MACNA) That's why they can make it so much cheaper and still turn a profit. The sensor used for par measurement is much more expensive, plus it can't integrate with other devices. If you want a cheap way to measure relative lighting intensity and possibly get alerted for ammonia, then the seneye is a great add on, but does not even compare to the PMK.

When is the UK version coming?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12