Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I will return this DOS system !!!!!

Frequent Visitor

I will return this DOS system !!!!!

Hi

I have been posting in the thread "Testing DOS system" and no one is providing an answer.

This is the thread : https://forum.neptunesystems.com/sho...esting-the-DOS

Thanks
    Daniel

Copy from thread:

I finish the 16 cycles and again PUMP 2 pumped 1 ml less than programmed and do not correlate with fusion data. Fusion says it was pumped 47.7 ml and I measured 47 ml and has to be 48 ml per program !!!!

Pump 1 is perfect !!!

I am going to trash this DOS !!! In 24 hours if I do not get any help ..... please !!!

Frequent Contributor
    I see that you are frustrated and I also have see your posts and tests, but I will not answer your posts as I don't have a DOS and there has been quite a few threads like yours....but you have to understand the only help you will receive here is by fellow refers that take time out of their day to help others. NO Neptune tech support is really done on this forum you will need to open a Support Ticket here and I hope they can help you further...
    Jon

Frequent Visitor
    Thank you very much !!!!

I had the impression that these forum help the neptune people to find the issues with their systems and do some basic support.

It will be faster to return the system than opening a ticket.

Thanks again !!!
    Daniel

Frequent Contributor
    It is users help other users, but I wont give advise if I am not confident in what I am trying to help some with...but that is me...

If you are going to return it to get another one, that might not solve your problem as there has been numerous threads on issues similar, but possible not your exact issues...???

I know there was recall on a certain ser# of the DOS...so up to you of what type of action you want to take, but be aware that returning and getting another might not solve your issue....
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Nemodan View Post
    Hi

I have been posting in the thread "Testing DOS system" and no one is providing an answer.

This is the thread : https://forum.neptunesystems.com/sho...esting-the-DOS

Thanks
    Daniel

Copy from thread:

I finish the 16 cycles and again PUMP 2 pumped 1 ml less than programmed and do not correlate with fusion data. Fusion says it was pumped 47.7 ml and I measured 47 ml and has to be 48 ml per program !!!!

Pump 1 is perfect !!!

I am going to trash this DOS !!! In 24 hours if I do not get any help ..... please !!!
    A more friendly and positive attitude will surely help you and entice peoples on here to try to help and support you ! Also this is an USERS forum and is in no way monitored by Neptune . Remember that last week end was a big week end for you guys from south of the frontier and it could take a little time for someone to look at your thread . As for every things in reefing , PATIENCE is a virtue !
    Alain

Frequent Visitor
    Hi

I really appreciate very much your concern. You are correct, I will not solve the problem.

I will return it and continue with my BRS dosing pumps that have been working perfectly during the last year.

I wanted to have system that I can check from any part of the world. Fusion is working on my basic stuff with my Aoex. I though "great, now I can do the same with my dosing". But a mistake of 1 ml per day in a 50 G tank can be too much .... or probably not. But I do not want to try it.

So I tested it very carefully. I have a FULL SPS tank that have a couple of thousand dollars in corals. And the time and money invested will never be recovered if I do a mistake.

I would be extremely surprise if a 1 ml of difference on a 45 ml dayly dose would do much damage to an sps tank . We are talking of about a 2% error . I am pretty sure your test kit specifications are more then that .
    Alain

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Alain B View Post
    A more friendly and positive attitude will surely help you and entice peoples on here to try to help and support you ! Also this is an USERS forum and is in no way monitored by Neptune . Remember that last week end was a big week end for you guys from south of the frontier and it could take a little time for someone to look at your thread . As for every things in reefing , PATIENCE is a virtue !
    Sorry ???

I am not agressive,at all. I just said that due to lack of support, and the support has to come from Neptune people managing this forum, is pushing me to return the pump.

I never said any agressive wording to anyone in the forum, neither against the system.

I have been presenting the facts.

Have a nice day,
    Daniel

Ps: Patient is a virtue.... AGREE 100%. But I was patient with the DOS system. I tested it very carefully and the fact is that there is an issue. I can't wait many days to get support if not my return window of time will close and I do not want to have $340 dollars that I can't use.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Alain B View Post
    I would be extremely surprise if a 1 ml of difference on a 45 ml dalily dose would do much damage to an sps tank . We are talking of about a 2% error . I am pretty sure your test kit specifications are more then that .
    Most probably you are correct, but ... who knows.

But also the point is that if you pay for something that has to work in a certain way and then it is not doing that, then you are frustrated.

Thank you again for your comments, I really appreciate it and in any moment I wanted to be agressive.

I

Frequent Visitor
    I forgot to add that the serial # issue was up to 5000. Mine is 8000.

I am thinking this can be a defective pump, because one works perfectly.

Returning or changing it could solve the problem

I am thinking this can be a defective pump, because one works perfectly.

Returning or changing it could solve the problem
    As mentioned earlier, this is a community forum for users to share, assist one another with usage and programming, etc. If you want official technical support, then contact Neptune tech support directly.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Try these two things and it should solve your problem.

1. Calibrate the pump heads again.

2. Update to the latest firmware and then update the dos firmware from the display or classic webpages.

Frequent Visitor
    Thanks for your help !!

1) I calibrated pump #2 for the third time yesterday night. Calibration was perfect (40 ml in the time allowed by Apex).

2) Apex latest firmare update was done before plugging the DOS.

Updating DOS firmware wasn't in the Starting DOS system indications. How do I do that ?

After updating Apex firmware I just plugged the DOS and followed all the instructions on how to program.

Thanks again !!

Updating DOS firmware wasn't in the Starting DOS system indications. How do I do that ?
    Go to the classic dashboard and then go to the module setup page. in the drop down menu, select your DOS and then select update firmware.

Frequent Visitor
    I do not find that in fusion.

I went to the Apex display and found Module setup .... then update DOS .... pushed OK ... display went blank for some seconds and all returned again.

Was that correct ?

I never saw update Firmware after pressing update DOS.

Thanks

I do not find that in fusion.

I went to the Apex display and found Module setup .... then update DOS .... pushed OK ... display went blank for some seconds and all returned again.

Was that correct ?

I never saw update Firmware after pressing update DOS.

Thanks
    That is a secondary way to do it. It doesn't give you a message saying the update was sucessful from the dashboard. Just FYI, you can't update firmware from fusion (yet) so you either have to do it from the display (like you did) or from the classic dashboard (the one you used for first time setup that you types the ip address to access)

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    That is a secondary way to do it. It doesn't give you a message saying the update was sucessful from the dashboard. Just FYI, you can't update firmware from fusion (yet) so you either have to do it from the display (like you did) or from the classic dashboard (the one you used for first time setup that you types the ip address to access)
    Ok...thank you !!!

My first setup was 1.5 months ago. The Apex is new and I followed step by step the setup instructions. Now I can't remember if I typed any ip.

Nevertheles, after doing the module setup on the Apex display, pump 2 finished the 16 cycles. Again !!! Instead of 48 ml she pumped 47 ml.

Just in case, because I did the module update during the 16 cycles. I calibrated again the pump (perfect calibration of 40 ml when pump stop) and programed a cycle of 15 minutes, and 48 ml. Guess what....Again a mistake of 1 ml. (Pumped 47ml).

At this point I think that pump #2:is defective. I am a Biologist and not a software/engineer guy. I think that the software is identical for pump 1 and 2. But Pump 1 was working perfectly, without any mistake from day 1, and pump 2 all the time had a systematic error of 1 ml less.

A new DOS system is on its way home. I will have it by tomorrow. I will plug it, update the module as you indicated, using the Apex Display. And will test it.

New User
    WHERE ATHE HELL CAN I LOCATE ONE OF THESE DAMN THINGS!....most retailers are out of stock, and neptune does not even list the product in the accessories page,

Anyhelp???

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jragozzino View Post
    WHERE ATHE HELL CAN I LOCATE ONE OF THESE DAMN THINGS!....most retailers are out of stock, and neptune does not even list the product in the accessories page,

Anyhelp???

thanks
    Saltwateraquarium.com has them in stock.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    Saltwateraquarium.com has them in stock.
    Bulk Reef Supply also. They have 61 left in stock.

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/dos-do...e-systems.html

And Marine Depot has it also in stock.

http://www.marinedepot.com/Neptune_S...TEMOAC-vi.html

Frequent Visitor
    Ok....the issue still continue.

Pump 2 (right pump if you are looking the DOS) still have the error of 1 ml.

A cycle of 15 minutes that she has to pump, now 49 ml, Fusion graph and log data says that "she pumped 49 ml" but she pumped 48 ml.

What I do not understand is why the calibration is perfect and then she pumps always 1 ml less than the programmed amount. Could be that is all a sofware issue as mentioned before and not a malfunctioning pump.

Waiting today the new pump.... let see. If this new pump has the same error, then both will be returned. I can't do dosing with an equipment I am not sure what will do.

Frequent Visitor
    Now I am lost.... I did a 25 ml /10 minutes cycle and guess what..... she pumped 25 ml.

Frequent Visitor
    Now worst a 32ml/15 minutes cycle and she pumped 10 ml only and Fusion says 32 ml

Frequent Visitor
    I am with you nemodan, why cant a 350 dlls piece of equipment be precise, i got a jebao dp-4, cost me 100 dlls and has been precise from day one, i have seen many posts about the DOS system missing doses and not beign precise, especially when doing water changes, maybe a 2% error is not much for some people, but doing water changes, over time salinity will shift up or down depending which pump is not doing its job, good luck with new pump, keep us posted if it works or not

sana

Frequent Visitor
    OK.... received the new DOS. Deleted previous module info, and the new DOS module was added when I plugged it. Updated Module from Apex display, as it was suggested in a previous posting. Calibrated pumps and started testing them.

First Test: 15 minutes / 48 ml : Perfect for both pumps !!!......FUSION DATA: 48 ml each Perfect here too

Second Test: 15 minutes/ 20 ml : Disaster, pump 1 pumped 23 ml and pump 2 pumped 22 ml.........FUSION DATA: 20ml each (wrong info)

Third Test: 2 Intervals 10'/3 ml and one of 10'/20 ml (total 26 ml) : Disaster, both pumps pumped 28 ml....FUSION DATA: Pump#1 26 ml and pump 2 log said 3x3 ml (total 12ml) (wrong info in fusion for both pumps, worst for pump 2)

Re-calibrated pumps: Both perfect 40 ml in the period of time established by Neptune

Now I am in runing another testing: 4 intervals of 10' / 3 ml (total 12 ml). I will post the results when its done.

Last testing will be the real program 16 Intervals of 3 ml each overnight.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast