Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Web Page Calibration

Regular Vistor

Web Page Calibration

Hi guys

Can anyone confirm if they can get calibration to work on the classic web pages dashboard?

My DOS crashes, flashes orange and the email reports a power issue.

My display is backlit but otherwise not functioning following a power cut, hence I don't want to buy another display just for calibration!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got my display fixed - there's just a few things you can't do without it. It was only $35 as I recall. That said, there is a calibration function in the probe setup in Classic db, but I've not actually used it.
    Regards
    Michael

Yes it works. Are you on the latest firmware for both your controller and your DOS? That would be the first thing to check.
    Al

I do not work for Neptune. Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums!
    For Neptune support send an email (don't call) to: [email protected] .
    Manuals for all products including the
    Comprehensive Reference Manual can be found here.

Regular Vistor
    Good to hear it is possible. Yes I am on the latest firmware/software for both...

Support did tell me it wasn't possible? Strange.

I don't know why they would say that. I just tested it again and it works fine. I'll find out why they're recommending only using the display.

I would force another module software update to the DOS just in case you aren't on the latest.

What firmware version are you on?
    Al

I do not work for Neptune. Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums!

Regular Vistor
    Ok forced another update (looks to be the same version) and still have this problem. Firmware is 4.34_4F15.

Such a bizarre and frustrating issue!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's possible that the problem has been fixed in a later release. I'm running a 4.35 beta release and I don't have the issue.

For now just use the display to calibrate your DOS as support suggests. If I find out anything, I'll post back.
    Al

Regular Vistor
    My display isn't working hence the web pages attempt in the first place!

Is the beta still out for download?

Regular Vistor
    Updated to the beta. Same problem.

Web Page Calibration

Quote Originally Posted by tom1099 View Post
    Updated to the beta. Same problem.
    The DOS calibration works fine for me using the Module setup page with both of my DOS units.

Did you update the Apex web pages after updating the firmware?
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Russ - are you doing the calibration under 4.34 or 4.35?
    Al

Quote Originally Posted by aquamanic View Post
    Russ - are you doing the calibration under 4.34 or 4.35?
    4.35_6A15 at the moment
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

That may be the problem. I think the OP is on 4.34. I don't have a 4.34 system to test it with.
    Al

Regular Vistor

Web Page Calibration

It won't work for me in 4.35_6A15 either. I'm wondering if the DOS itself is the issue. Reluctantly forked out for a new display so will report back tomorrow...

It won't work for me in 4.35_6A15 either. I'm wondering if the DOS itself is the issue. Reluctantly forked out for a new display so will report back tomorrow...
    Did you update the Apex web pages after updating the firmware?

Go to the Network Setup page; look at the last section and compare the AquaController and Dashboard versions - are they the same?

Regular Vistor

Web Page Calibration

Hi Russ, yep I updated web pages. I can't do a check against AquaController until new one arrives tomorrow.

I forced another module update on the dos, it took it back down to an old Sw. Further updates appear to work but it always says (old). What a mess!

I can't do a check against AquaController until new one arrives tomorrow.

I forced another module update on the dos, it took it back down to an old Sw. Further updates appear to work but it always says (old). What a mess!
    I meant the Network Setup Page in the classic dashboard (Apex web interface), not the display.

Ok, I have replicated that issue with the 6A15 firmware and DŌS firmware, which I will discuss with Neptune. In the meantime, reinstall 4.34_4F15 and update the DŌS back up to SW 006

Regular Vistor

Web Page Calibration

Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    I meant the Network Setup Page in the classic dashboard (Apex web interface), not the display.

Ok, I have replicated that issue with the 6A15 firmware and DŌS firmware, which I will discuss with Neptune. In the meantime, reinstall 4.34_4F15 and update the DŌS back up to SW 006
    Ok back to 4.34_4F15. Submitted DOS update, crashed at 31% and is emitting very high pitched noise. Really appreciate your support btw Russ and maniac.

Refreshed the page and it shows as successfully updated. Lights solid green, no response when toggled to on and still emitting that whine.

Completemy disconnect the DOS - power supply and Aquabus. Reconnect both and see if it operates and check the module SW version.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    Completemy disconnect the DOS - power supply and Aquabus. Reconnect both and see if it operates and check the module SW version.
    Ok. Now I'm at solid green lights (even buttons don't work manually). Can I delete the module and reconnect? I'm scared I'll make things worse...

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by aquamanic View Post
    Sounds like your DOS is flaky. I almost think you should just disconnect it and contact support.
    Got it reconnected! Just tested calibration, still no go. I'll see where I get with the new display tomorrow and report back.

Frequent Visitor
    Try a different web browser. I just got a DOS and had a little trouble calibrating it. I first tried with the browser on my phone, but that didn't work and I tried with IE on my computer as well and still had problems. I believe that at least one time the whole apex system reset, but most of the time it just wouldn't do anything. It would come up with the prompt to tell me to prime the unit, which I did, then I'd hit next and it would tell me that it was dosing 40ml, but nothing actually happened. I finally tried chrome on my PC and that worked without a problem. I don't think I ever actually tried from the display, but I suppose that might have been a good option too.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by BrettS View Post
    Try a different web browser. I just got a DOS and had a little trouble calibrating it. I first tried with the browser on my phone, but that didn't work and I tried with IE on my computer as well and still had problems. I believe that at least one time the whole apex system reset, but most of the time it just wouldn't do anything. It would come up with the prompt to tell me to prime the unit, which I did, then I'd hit next and it would tell me that it was dosing 40ml, but nothing actually happened. I finally tried chrome on my PC and that worked without a problem. I don't think I ever actually tried from the display, but I suppose that might have been a good option too.
    That's fixed it!!! Thankyou! A few hours earlier and I would have saved £130 on a new display :p

Frequent Visitor
    That's fixed it!!! Thankyou! A few hours earlier and I would have saved £130 on a new display :p

Lol... Glad I was able to help... Sorry I didn't see this a little earlier though.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by BrettS View Post
    Lol... Glad I was able to help... Sorry I didn't see this a little earlier though.
    Ha that's life I suppose. I could always return it. At least I can sleep again knowing pump 1 = pump 2 and not a drop missed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast