Thread: Reef Octopus Varios 6 pumo programming

Regular Vistor

Reef Octopus Varios 6 pumo programming

I am completely lost with this pump. I connected to it to apex 2016 with gyre cable. Here is what i have for coding:

physical port:

Rtn_pump_3_6
    Fallback ON
    Set ON

Variable Output 1 on the Apex Base Unit.:

Varios_pump
    Fallback ON
    tdata 00:00:00,0,0,30,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
    tdata 23:59:00,0,0,30,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0

I set it up using the graph. I have it set to 30% all the time. So If i want to make it 40 % or even 100% and port is set to auto it does nothing but if I put the port to "ON" it drains my water from the return chamber. I am not able to increase the flow of the pump. the controller does not work as it is being controlled by apex. don't want anything fancy, just want to manage the pump via apex and increase decrease flow as needed. any suggestions? I can scratch all this and start over.

so the physical port on the eb8 just sets to on and fallback on..So all the programming is on the V port?

The physical should be on all the time as you did already.

The varspd can use coding rather than the wizard since you are planning constant. Fallback doesn't do anything unless this is in a VDM.

Try

Set 30

Upload and try different percentages while in auto. Make sure the physical outlet is on while testing. If I recall correctly, the varios has a minimum turn on intensity of between 25 and 35, but I might be thinking about a different pump.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Quote Originally Posted by Nycluis View Post
    I have it set to 30% all the time. So If i want to make it 40 % or even 100% and port is set to auto it does nothing
    Does it run at the programmed 30%? What exactly does "it does nothing" mean? Does it run, but does not change speed when you change the programming? Or does it not run at all?
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    Actually guys I was playing around with it and I am all set. I created 3 profiles one for day, night and feed. Working great now. thanks all for the replies.

Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    If I recall correctly, the varios has a minimum turn on intensity of between 25 and 35, but I might be thinking about a different pump.
    Different pump, I think. I run the Varios6 on two systems, and it can start and run at 13% (for stationary feed mode). With my setups, lower than that, say 10%, the pump is still active but unable to keep water from slowly draining back into the sump. I haven't experimented to see at what level the pump simply fails to start.