Thread: Apex Fusion w/o Apex ?

Apex Fusion w/o Apex ?

I'm not sure how many times it was already asked but I couldn't find answer to it.
    Apex and Apex Fusion is frustrating to some of us, specially if you happen to change your modem, move etc.
    Does Neptune System plans to incorporate all the programming, without tokens, etc, etc into Apex Fusion? I know a few people I deal with do not want to buy Apex because they know nothing about networking, IP addresses etc.

Fusion is extremely simple to set up and was designed for non technical savvy peoples . It only take minutes to set up . How many time per year do you move or change modem and router ?
    Alain

And what happens if you do?
    I changed my modem. actually upgraded to a higher speed that required a new modem from TWC and now I still keep my old router in order Fusion to be connected to Apex. I've tried to change Gateway address per some suggestions but it doesn't work. That's why I was asking this question.

Does your apex set with dhcp enable or not ?
    Alain

Enabled

Changing your modem or router should not impact APEX Fusion. Keeping your old router in the picture just complicated matters.

As long as DHCP is enabled in the Apex, all that is needed after changing your router is to reboot the Apex.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Do I have to make any port forwarding in my router. I didn't mention this before but I have Arris DG1670 from Time Warner. This is the router and modem in one.
    I can connect to Apex when I use my old router, however when I disconnect old router and connect to Arris, I can't access Apex, nor Apex Fusion. When I try Apex Fusion I got message, "This Apex isn't presently connected to Fusion".

Port fowarding is not necessary with Fusion , just enable DHCP and reboot the controller , it should connect . give it a few minutes .
    Alain

It doesn't work. My apex address is 192.168.10.19 (port 80) and I can't see this address when I look for all ip addresses on my network using "ipconfig/all"

Ipconfig only shows the addresses of the computer. It won't show the Apex's address.

What address(es) do you see in the ipconfig output?
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

IPv4 Address: 192.168.0.7 (preferred)
    Subnet mask 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway 192.168.0.1 (which is my modem/router
    DNS servers 209.18.47.01

Using the display menu go to System-> Net Setup. Turn DHCP on. Then scroll to Restart and select that. The Apex will restart. Then go back in to Net Setup and see what the IP address is.

Is the Apex wired directly to the router?

I don't have the display. Apex is wired directly to the router. DHCP was enabled. I just rebooted the Apex. Still same address in the Network Setup. I read some threads about Arris modem/router. Is this the issue? I'm afraid if my router (Zone Alarm) stop working for some reason, I will not be able to control Apex at all. Right now I have Apex connected to Zone Alarm router and this router is connected to my Arris modem router. It works this way but when I eliminate Zone Alarm router, I can't have any control over Apex.

Should I borrow a display and reset Apex and start all over?

Resetting the Apex to defaults (if that's what you mean) won't likely help.

I missed the fact that you have two routers on the mix, which complicates things. Why do you have two? How are you determining the Apex's current IP address if you don't have a display? Are you using the Apex Browse utility?

I upgraded the speed with TWC and this required a new Modem/Router (Arris). Once I connected Arris to my set up it didn't work without my old router (ZoneAlarm). When I connect Apex to Zone Alarm I can access Apex (but not Apex Fusion) and I can see IP address. Also with Zone Alarm router I can "ipconfig/all and I can see Apex address.

Quote Originally Posted by nystang View Post
    I upgraded the speed with TWC and this required a new Modem/Router (Arris). Once I connected Arris to my set up it didn't work without my old router (ZoneAlarm). When I connect Apex to Zone Alarm I can access Apex (but not Apex Fusion) and I can see IP address. Also with Zone Alarm router I can "ipconfig/all and I can see Apex address.
    You CANNOT see the Apex's IP address using ipconfig. That command ONLY shows the address(es) of the computer you are running it on. So, I'll ask again - how do you know that the Apex's IP address is (or was) 192.168.10.19 as you previously posted? Were you seeing that address listed in the ZoneAlarm router's web pages somewhere?

Let's ignore the Zone Alarm router for now. Connect the Apex and the computer to the Arris router. Restart the Apex. If DHCP is enabled in the Apex, it should receive proper & valid IP addressing info from the Arris router, and within a couple of minutes, be communicating with APEX Fusion.

Use the Apex Browse utility to find the Apex and see its IP address. If you don't have it, you can download it here: http://www.neptunesystems.com/downlo...xBrowse_pc.zip

My mistake. I though I saw it on ipconfig but it is visible in Zone Alarm and Apex Network Set Up. Of course only if I connect Apex directly to Zone Alarm.Apex.pngZone Alarm.png

Please unblock that stuff or tell us what the gateway is listed as. All of that is internal so it wouldn't help a cyber attacker get access to your apex, but it's missing information we need to see to help.