Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Icecap Gyre Interface Module

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaver View Post
    I did get mine to work with the icecap and the apex today! I had been using a 3.5mm single to Ethernet as opposed to the y cable. I switched to the stock y cable that came in the box and it's working great. I don't need it to alternate direction so it works for me. Im guessing something was wrong with the cable I was trying to use.
    Yeah mine works with the Y cable too as that is how I set it up initially.. I can't get it to work with the Single cable too.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusilier View Post
    Yeah mine works with the Y cable too as that is how I set it up initially.. I can't get it to work with the Single cable too.
    Is the single cable you were using an icecap/gyre branded cable? I was using a cable I initially used with some kessil lights. But I had figured a cable was a cable. Maybe they are wired differently.

Regular Vistor
    Is the single cable you were using an icecap/gyre branded cable? I was using a cable I initially used with some kessil lights. But I had figured a cable was a cable. Maybe they are wired differently.
    Correct. IceCap followed the wiring diagrams provided by Neptune but it also followed a standard wiring pattern for the 3.5mm jack's tip, ring and sleeve. Other companies may have configured their 3.5mm jack differently and that would cause issues with the module not getting the information correctly.

New User
    yes, from BRS.

I just bought a 2nd Gyre from LFS. will set up with the Y cable and use them in a 100% forward, push pull config.
    Giving up on the single cable..

Wow, we spend money on the single cable and invest time in programming, and it doesn't work. Frustrating. I have a new Gyre and recently purchased the single cable and icecap. CoralVue told me the icecap needs replaced. So I had to drive out and drop off the old icecap in the mail, and then wait for the replacement. I got the replacement icecap today, and can anyone guess what the outcome was when I plugged the new one in? Take a big guess...

Ok, it didn't work. I will try the cable the icecap came with.

The Y cable worked so it wasn't the icecap module.
    CoralVue replaced my single cable and now the pump works in alternating directions.

New User
    Had a motor fail, Coralvue replaced it very quickly without hassle.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusilier View Post
    IF this doesn't get any better.. Get this.
    So I have a 2nd IceCap module. and somewhere between December 2015 and March 2016 they changed the hookup to the Gyre Motor. (the 3 pin connector). Keep in mind i ordered my first Gyre and Icecap together about a month ago.

So now i have two Gyre 140s with the Larger 3 pin connector and a IceCap with the Smaller Connector and one IceCAP with the larger connector.

My advice to everyone on this forum is to avoid this CRAP until they figure out what they're doing. The stuff won't even wire together as they're changing sizes.
    Maybe you are talking about connector differences between XF150 and the XF130. Both pumps use different size connectors. The XF130 Gyre uses a smaller size while the XF150 uses a larger one. Therefore, the IceCap Module had to be made to accommodate for the two different sizes. That's why there is a module for the XF150 and a module for the XF130.

My icecap and gyre work smoothly now.
    Great pump/setup. Thanks Carlos

Regular Vistor
    I've had two Icecaps crap out on me now in the last month. My Gyre is only about two months old. In reading this thread I wonder if my single cable could be contributing to this? I bought it at the LFS and remember the packaging being sort of plain in how it was branded, not obvious that it was a Coralvue or Icecap product. It was displayed by the Icecaps and the guy at the store insisted it was the proper cable however. I haven't gone back and ever tried the original cable because I wanted the ability to reverse flow for short periods of time.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlosreef View Post
    Maybe you are talking about connector differences between XF150 and the XF130. Both pumps use different size connectors. The XF130 Gyre uses a smaller size while the XF150 uses a larger one. Therefore, the IceCap Module had to be made to accommodate for the two different sizes. That's why there is a module for the XF150 and a module for the XF130.
    Yes I realized my LFS ordered the wrong unit about 10 seconds after I made the post. :-)

Regular Vistor

2 icecaps not working together

ok.
    so i ordered 2 icecaps with 2 y-cables to run my 2 gyre. My tank is 3m (10 feet) long, so I had to get an extension cable as coralvue don't make 1.
    connected everything up and I could control 1 gyre via icecap but nothing from the other connection on the y-cable.
    contacted coralvue. Carlos checked my programming and they thought there was a problem with the apex variable socket.
    contacted neptune. ordered their variable control cable ( took nearly 2 months to get, supplier here in australia not so good). did the tests as requested by neptune, no problem with variable ports v1/2, v3/4.
    tried again. tried different extension cable (because its not made by coralvue etc etc).

SO:
    can control 1 gyre only with y-cable. no problem with extension cable, BUT cannot run the gyre opposite each other. tried both variable sockets, v1/2, v3/4. same problem. tried simple 50% on both sockets, 1 runs, the other nothing. switch the extension cable, same thing the other gyre runs, the other doesn't.
    what is the solution?
    i bought the icecap so I could run the gyre opposite each other. is the simplest thing to run 1 from V1/2, the other from v3/4. If so what programming do I use?

Regular Vistor
    I have one Gyre with icecap module. Currently i am running it in one direction ramping from 20 to 50% over a 2 minute period all day and night. How would i add a different ramp during the night? say starting at 8pm it ramps from 20 to 35% over the course of 10 minutes??

My current set up

[Gyre] "speed" outlet
    Set Gyre_Up
    If Outlet Gyre_OSC = ON then Gyre_Down

[Gyre_OSC] virtual outlet
    OSC 000:00/002:00/002:00 Then ON

[Gyre_Up] profile
    Ramp
    Ramp Time 2
    Start 20
    End 50

[Gyre_Down] profile
    Ramp
    Ramp Time 2
    Start 50
    End 20

Regular Vistor
    Any input ?

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by plockie View Post
    ok.
    so i ordered 2 icecaps with 2 y-cables to run my 2 gyre. My tank is 3m (10 feet) long, so I had to get an extension cable as coralvue don't make 1.
    connected everything up and I could control 1 gyre via icecap but nothing from the other connection on the y-cable.
    contacted coralvue. Carlos checked my programming and they thought there was a problem with the apex variable socket.
    contacted neptune. ordered their variable control cable ( took nearly 2 months to get, supplier here in australia not so good). did the tests as requested by neptune, no problem with variable ports v1/2, v3/4.
    tried again. tried different extension cable (because its not made by coralvue etc etc).

SO:
    can control 1 gyre only with y-cable. no problem with extension cable, BUT cannot run the gyre opposite each other. tried both variable sockets, v1/2, v3/4. same problem. tried simple 50% on both sockets, 1 runs, the other nothing. switch the extension cable, same thing the other gyre runs, the other doesn't.
    what is the solution?
    i bought the icecap so I could run the gyre opposite each other. is the simplest thing to run 1 from V1/2, the other from v3/4. If so what programming do I use?
    1 y cable is all u need for 2 gyres, that's how I have it on my tank. Works perfect. You cable that comes with ice cap. 2 mini jacks and 1 rj45. Each mini jack to each ice cap.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by cali9dub View Post
    Any input ?
    Guess it can't be done

Regular Vistor
    Guess it can't be done
    U need 4 virtual outlets

Any input ?
    This CoralVue blog entry covers doing what you want:
    http://blog.coralvue.com/icecap-gyre...ync-anti-sync/
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    This CoralVue blog entry covers doing what you want:
    http://blog.coralvue.com/icecap-gyre...ync-anti-sync/
    Hey only has one gyre

Quote Originally Posted by thor2j View Post
    Hey only has one gyre
    Same concept applies though.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    Same concept applies though.
    It doesn't show what the gyre "speed" outlet is SET at. On mine it is Gyre_Up. Should it now be SET off ? Also I thought the "speed" outlet had problems with IF TIME statements ??

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by thor2j View Post
    U need 4 virtual outlets
    4? I assume one for OSC day, one for OSC night and the "speed" outlet for the gyre...what would be the 4th ? Since I don't need a "direction" gyre outlet ? Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    This video explains what you want: http://blog.coralvue.com/icecap-gyre...troller-setup/
    I just set up mine.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by acesq View Post
    This video explains what you want: http://blog.coralvue.com/icecap-gyre...troller-setup/
    I just set up mine.
    Again....I thought that the gyre speed outlet was having troubles with "IF TIME" statements ?? Programming starts off looking like its working correctly then deviates. I know how to make profiles and just dictate "IF TIME" statements, but I'm pretty sure there was a problem with that.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast