Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Icecap Gyre Interface Module

The reason they aren't alternating is because you need 0 15 15 and 15 15 0. Right now you have 15 15 15 which is the problem.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Frequent Visitor
    but my thought process is as such - Left is 0 delay, 15 on, 15 off, right is 15 delay (which is while left is on), left shuts off for 15, so right is now on for 15, then when right shuts off for 15, left turns back on.

Are you saying the delay happens every time? so Right has a total trip of 45 while left is only 30? I thought the delay only happened one time initially and that was it?

Quote Originally Posted by markstubb View Post
    but my thought process is as such - Left is 0 delay, 15 on, 15 off, right is 15 delay (which is while left is on), left shuts off for 15, so right is now on for 15, then when right shuts off for 15, left turns back on.

Are you saying the delay happens every time? so Right has a total trip of 45 while left is only 30? I thought the delay only happened one time initially and that was it?
    It's not delay, on, off.

It's initial OFF time, ON time, second OFF time.

The first value is an OFF offset. The sum of the 3 is the period. The sum of the two Offs is the total off time. The 2nd value is the total on time.

Frequent Visitor
    Interesting. I always thought the first initial off time was a single occurrence, then the on/off time took over after that. Thanks for explaining. Any idea how the synchronize tick box works? My understanding is that if sync is ticked on ID2, it syncs with ID1, ID3 would sync with ID4 if 4 sync is checked, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by markstubb View Post
    Interesting. I always thought the first initial off time was a single occurrence, then the on/off time took over after that. Thanks for explaining. Any idea how the synchronize tick box works? My understanding is that if sync is ticked on ID2, it syncs with ID1, ID3 would sync with ID4 if 4 sync is checked, etc.
    That's how it used to work. Now everything with the sync box checked syncs with every other profile that is checked. So now you want all of them checked.

Frequent Visitor
    Hello, sorry I'm late the the game here. I followed CoralVue's directions as described here for running dual gyre on a y-cable:https://blog.coralvue.com/icecap-gyr...ync-anti-sync/

Everything seems to be working fine, except - my left gyre appears to be going in reverse. I double checked the propeller direction and they are correct. Any ideas? I'm using a y-cable.

Frequent Visitor
    is it upside down?

Frequent Visitor
    Don't think so because I had previously been running it using the OCE controller.

Frequent Visitor
    OK, just wanted to ask. Did you try to switch the cables from the icecap to the apex and see if the problem follows the cable? Need to rule out your programming.

Frequent Visitor
    Thanks. I do think that changes the affect to the other pump. However, I don't know if that means somethings wrong with the cable, or just the code with that variable speed port.

Regular Vistor

Question Using osc to have a pause at the intensity limits

Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    Another way to run your Gyres under Apex control is to slowly ramp them up and down in opposition - while one ramps up, the other ramps down, then the ramps switch.

To do this, you use a virtual outlet to control the switching between a ramp up profile and a ramp down profile.

First, the profiles:

[ Gyre_Up ]
    Type: Ramp
    Ramp time: 3
    Start Intensity: 25
    End Intensity: 100

[ Gyre_Down ]
    Ramp time: 3
    Start Intensity: 100
    End Intensity: 25

The virtual outlet:
    [ Gyre-OSC ]
    OSC 0:00/3:00/3:00 Then ON

The Gyre variable speed outlets:

[ Gyre_Left ]
    Set Gyre_Up
    If Outlet Gyre_OSC = ON Then Gyre_Down

[ Gyre_Right ]
    Set Gyre_Down
    If Outlet Gyre_OSC = ON Then Gyre_Up

I used a 3 minute ramp duration in this example; to use other times, modify the profiles and the OSC in the VO - they all must be the same.
    Russ if you see this: I am having the thought that if the OSC command was a 10 min on / off oscillation that the above program would ramp up the left pump and the right down for example over a period of 3 min and then hold at the max left intensity/min right intensity until the OSC kicked in the other setting and then it would ramp down over 3 min while the right ramped up over 3 min and hold with the left at min, right at max until the 10m min runs out and repeat.

Would you concur?
    Thanks,
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by marc View Post
    Russ if you see this: I am having the thought that if the OSC command was a 10 min on / off oscillation that the above program would ramp up the left pump and the right down for example over a period of 3 min and then hold at the max left intensity/min right intensity until the OSC kicked in the other setting and then it would ramp down over 3 min while the right ramped up over 3 min and hold with the left at min, right at max until the 10m min runs out and repeat.

Would you concur?
    Thanks,
    Mark
    That is a correct assessment

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    That is a correct assessment

Thank you for the confirmation
    Mark

Regular Vistor
    Im confused...i have 2 XF250 pumps and i bought 2 icecap interface boxes. I also bought 2 of the alternating gyre cables. Did i only need one cable to run 2 pumps?

Quote Originally Posted by Dnm10101 View Post
    Im confused...i have 2 XF250 pumps and i bought 2 icecap interface boxes. I also bought 2 of the alternating gyre cables. Did i only need one cable to run 2 pumps?
    You need 2 cables if you want the ability to change intensity and direction. You can use a single Y type cable on two interface boxes if you only want intensity control.

New User
    Hey guys,

Looking for some help if possible. I have two XF-280 gyres and I was told by Maxspect that I am unable to run or control them on my APEX. Does anyone know if this is true? Or does anyone have the XF-280 they have programmed to work on their APEX?

Thanks!

130, 230, 150, 250, 1k and 3k have interface modules. 280 do not, but icecaps will probably make one eventually.

New User
    130, 230, 150, 250, 1k and 3k have interface modules. 280 do not, but icecaps will probably make one eventually.

That's pretty frustrating.. I have no idea why they would make the XF-280 to be incompatible but all their other models are.

Quote Originally Posted by shaginwagon13 View Post
    That's pretty frustrating.. I have no idea why they would make the XF-280 to be incompatible but all their other models are.
    Icecap is the one making them compatible as a third party. Maxspect doesn't care about apex integration.

New User
    Icecap is the one making them compatible as a third party. Maxspect doesn't care about apex integration.

Isn't Icecap and Maxspect owned by the same people? I was under the impression that Maxspect bought the name from Icecap when they went under.

Quote Originally Posted by shaginwagon13 View Post
    Isn't Icecap and Maxspect owned by the same people? I was under the impression that Maxspect bought the name from Icecap when they went under.
    Nope. The Icecap brand is owned by CoralVue, which is also the distributor for Maxspect.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by marc View Post

Would you concur?
    Thanks,
    Mark
    This is very close to what I want as well.
    But I would like to have both pumps at 100% mid cycle instead of 50% and 50%.
    I don't know if you could use defer to delay the start of the next ramp to accomplish that or not...
    If you run the osc VO on a longer cycle than the ramp time as marc suggests here with an offset it seems like it should be possible.

@RussM or @zombie, is this possible?

Quote Originally Posted by CoralFan1776 View Post
    This is very close to what I want as well.
    But I would like to have both pumps at 100% mid cycle instead of 50% and 50%.
    I don't know if you could use defer to delay the start of the next ramp to accomplish that or not...
    If you run the osc VO on a longer cycle than the ramp time as marc suggests here with an offset it seems like it should be possible.

@RussM or @zombie, is this possible?
    You make the OSC times longer than the ramp times to have them hold the min and max longer.

Frequent Visitor
    You make the OSC times longer than the ramp times to have them hold the min and max longer.

Thanks zombie. I got that piece from the previous posts. What I'm after is hard to convey in writing with out pictures.

Someone else on the first or second page talked about wanting opposing pumps to be at 100% (or ramp max) with one pump ramping down to maximize the turbulence in between the pumps.
    I've drawn pictures and played with this until I think I have a solution that is pretty close to what I actually wanted.
    Since I thought other people would be interested as well as maybe getting some good suggestions, I decided to post.
    The goal was to have the pumps momentarily both at 100% (or ramp max) and then one ramping down and then switch pumps and repeat.
    I had problems getting both pumps to 100% until I realized that they have to be staggered. That's where the osc time being greater than the ramp time comes in.
    The ramp up is not a mirror of ramp down because of the staggering which is not what I originally envisioned but I think it works.
    I don't know if it can be done in a more simple fashion or not but below is what I ended up with.
    Will it do what I want?
    Any better or simpler way of doing this?

[GyreOsc]
    OSC 000:00/001:30/001:30 Then ON

[GyreDelayRT]
    Set OFF
    If Output GyreOsc = ON Then ON
    Defer 001:00 Then ON
    Defer 000:30 Then OFF

[GyreDelayLF]
    Set OFF
    If Output GyreDelayRT = ON Then ON
    Defer 001:00 Then OFF
    Min Time 001:00 Then ON

[GyreUp]
    Ramp time: 2
    Start Intensity: 0

[GyreDown]
    End Intensity: 0

[RTPump]
    Set GyreUp
    If Output GyreDelayRT = ON Then GyreDown

[LTPump]
    Set GyreUp
    If Output GyreDelayLF = ON Then GyreDown

Quote Originally Posted by CoralFan1776 View Post
    Thanks zombie. I got that piece from the previous posts. What I'm after is hard to convey in writing with out pictures.

Someone else on the first or second page talked about wanting opposing pumps to be at 100% (or ramp max) with one pump ramping down to maximize the turbulence in between the pumps.
    I've drawn pictures and played with this until I think I have a solution that is pretty close to what I actually wanted.
    Since I thought other people would be interested as well as maybe getting some good suggestions, I decided to post.
    The goal was to have the pumps momentarily both at 100% (or ramp max) and then one ramping down and then switch pumps and repeat.
    I had problems getting both pumps to 100% until I realized that they have to be staggered. That's where the osc time being greater than the ramp time comes in.
    The ramp up is not a mirror of ramp down because of the staggering which is not what I originally envisioned but I think it works.
    I don't know if it can be done in a more simple fashion or not but below is what I ended up with.
    Will it do what I want?
    Any better or simpler way of doing this?

[GyreOsc]
    OSC 000:00/001:30/001:30 Then ON

[GyreDelayRT]
    Set OFF
    If Output GyreOsc = ON Then ON
    Defer 000:30 Then OFF

[GyreDelayLF]
    Set OFF
    If Output GyreDelayRT = ON Then ON
    Defer 001:00 Then OFF
    Min Time 001:00 Then ON

[GyreUp]
    Start Intensity: 0

[GyreDown]
    End Intensity: 0

[RTPump]
    Set GyreUp
    If Output GyreDelayRT = ON Then GyreDown

[LTPump]
    Set GyreUp
    If Output GyreDelayLF = ON Then GyreDown
    There is a much simpler way. Say you want 2 min ramp up, 2 minutes hold, 2 minutes ramp down, and 2 minutes hold and you want the other one offset by one minute

LeftOSC
    OSC 000:00/004:00/004:00 Then ON

Right OSC
    OSC 001:00/004:00/003:00 Then ON

LeftGyre
    Set RampUp
    If Output LeftOSC = ON Then RampDn

RightGyre
    Set RampUp
    If Output RightOSC = ON Then RampDn

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast