Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Icecap Gyre Interface Module

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlosreef View Post
    I would suggest waiting until you get the module and physically trying it before jumping into any conclusions.
    Hey Carlos,
    I wasn't jumping to any conclusions, just pointing out something I felt could have be an issue and a source of disappointment for many. From what I undestand, C5thomas had a problem with one Gyre running and one not. I see now that he's ordered a new motor so it looks like this could just be a wear issue on his side, not a controller issue. I wasn't trying to come across as pissed, I'm really not. In fact, I'm super stoked that this product is finally out!

Regular Vistor
    Hey Carlos, do you work for Coralvue. They have a guy there named Carlos that's a technician there. He's the one that told me several things that wasn't true. Everything I have posted has been accurate and lessons learned. Believe me when I tell you. I fully understand how the module works and the problems I've had I have always stated it could just be my particular pump. However, these issues exist. My first pump with the split cable will not work longer than 13 seconds. That particular motor had been replaced and have had no other issue with the new one. However, that being said my second purchushed gyre the motor died after the first night on the module. So I replaced the dead motor with the old split cable motor and tested. Again, it only runs for 13 seconds. So when I get the new motor I will update. As for the cables, Coralvue had no idea what they where selling. They told me I had to have the y cable to make it run forwards and backwards. That is incorrect. It only allows two gyre interface modules to be connected but only runs forward. You have to have a special cable that will run the gyre forward and backwards from the v ports on the apex. Nice thing is I still have every email that shows just how little they knew about the icecap interface module. They also prove that even though they sold me stuff it should have been included. All I'm doing is letting people know exactly what they should be getting for there money. Gyre has made a good product and hopefully the interface works out. My point is Coralvue needs to fully understand a product before they release it. Customers shouldn't have to point out the flaws. And no customer should have to go through the poor service and support I have received from Coralvue. So please stop trying to defend a company that has made mistakes. If you work for them then let us know. If you don't then stop trying to tell us how it's someone else's fault that Coralvue didn't review a product. I understand folks make mistakes. But just own up to it and stop making the customer feel as its there fault verses lying to cover it up. If your lying because you don't know that's worse than just saying hey I don't know let me check. I can understand that and willing to work with you vs being lied to. If anyone has a first generation gyre bought and shipped prior to January please let us know if your pump works with the interface. As I program later today I'll share what I find.

This thread is getting rather far off track. Please stay focused on the use of the Gyre Interface Module with Apex controllers. CoralVue has a support forum and a Facebook page, either of which are far more appropriate than this forum for airing grievances about, and getting resolution to issue with products distributed by CoralVue, CoralVue sales and services, or CoralVue employees.

Regular Vistor
    How are you getting that wizard for the gyre? I have no wizard button on my apex.

Regular Vistor
    You will need to make sure your web page is updated as well as the apex.

Regular Vistor
    Have you looked at the base_v1 port in apex fusion?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor
    I updated this morning, all firmware and webpages with the 4.34_4F15 update... still no wizard showing. I am using the alternating cable which was packaged with my icecap, not the Y cable. I am in V1/2 also.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yea, I'm a duffs, thanks.. I had preprogrammed the gyre and did'nt even think about looking for the var port... sorry.

Regular Vistor
    Glad you figured it out. I am interested in your program for the forward and reverse. Let me know how it works. I won't get my cables till next week.

Regular Vistor
    I got the wizard setup now, but changes don't appear to effecting the pump itself.. like it should be at 0% right now according to my program, but it's still running. I've tried changing it a few times to different settings, with no noticeable difference in the flow. Will probably head over to the icecap forums and post there..

Anyone else having this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by gdesanto View Post
    I got the wizard setup now, but changes don't appear to effecting the pump itself.. like it should be at 0% right now according to my program, but it's still running. I've tried changing it a few times to different settings, with no noticeable difference in the flow. Will probably head over to the icecap forums and post there.. Anyone else having this issue?
    Exactly how do you have the GIM connected to the Apex, and what outlet are you programming? On the APEX Fusion dashboard, click on the Outputs button (the one that looks like an electrical outlet) and post the name *and* Device listed for that outlet.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    I've connected the GIM via v1/2 with the optional alternating cord, not the Y cord. I am programming it as Base_Var1, I am not using the Var2 yet to setup alternating. Want to get it working in one direction first. I have changed the 0% to 2% on my last attempt.

ID: 0 Name: Gyre_V1 Device: base_Var1 Type:variable

the Wizard:
    Screenshot (1).jpg

The advanced tab translates this to:

Fallback OFF
    tdata 00:00:00,0,0,2,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
    tdata 06:00:00,0,0,10,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
    tdata 10:00:00,0,0,40,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
    tdata 15:00:00,0,0,35,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
    tdata 22:00:00,0,0,2,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
    tdata 23:59:00,0,0,2,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0

The outlet itself (3_2) is

Fallback ON
    Set ON
    If FeedA 000 Then OFF
    If FeedB 000 Then OFF
    If FeedC 000 Then OFF
    If FeedD 000 Then OFF

Icecap Gyre Interface Module

The Gyre doesn't run at speeds less than about 20-22% IME, so the Gyre will just be stopped about half of the day with that programming. Since it is about 10:40 PM there in FL and it should be off right now with per your program, try a test either by turning the Gyre_V1 outlet to manual ON, or by changing the wizard points so that the pump will be running at a noticeably higher intensity at about 11PM.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    Russm is correct. I've noticed that it won't run at less than 20. But the next question when did you get this gyre? Was it one of the ones before March? Just curious. Mine wouldn't run for longer than 13 sec. Just wondering if it just was mine

Icecap Gyre Interface Module

gdesantos, there's no benefit to using an EB outlet for the Gyre power supply. Doing so is pretty much a waste of that EnergyBar outlet IMO. You can just plug it into a wall outlet or power strip. You can add the If Feed statements into the Gyre_1 outlet program and do it all in one place.

Of course, if you just want to use an EB outlet for the sake of convenience and you don't need that outlet for anything else, that's fine.

Regular Vistor
    I got it early, was probably around feb/march, don't know exactly when. It stopped and started at random 2-3 times for about a week, then has worked fine ever since.

The 20% thing is a real problem. My tank is a custom shape and is narrow... even at 22% its way too much flow for night time. With the standard controller not the icecap, I had it set for 10% and it was the perfect flow for me.

Did you guys have this 20-22% problem before the icecap controller? (I did not, as stated above 10%, or 1 light on the regular controller, worked fine).

Yea Russ, I use the EB outlet just as a powerstrip, since I have some unused plugs on it.

Except at 100%, you can't directly correlate % between the Apex VarSpd output and the native controller. With the Apex, the intensity % is directly proportional to the 0-10v output signal - 50% = 5v, 90% = 9v, etc. Using a pump's native controller, 50% might not be 50% of the pump's max speed referenced to zero - it could be 50% of the range of which the pump is capable of operating. But I don't know specifically how it works the Gyre controller.

I don't subscribe to the concept of drastically-reduced nighttime flow in tanks - oceans waves and water moment in shallower waters is mostly due to tidal effects (roughly semi-diurnal) - it is not diurnal. However, if you really want to run minimal flow at night, you could do a pulsing mode rather than constant speed to reduce the overall flow.

Regular Vistor
    Sorry it took me this long. I was planning on posting this yesterday but life got in the way...

The Gyre is located vertically on the corner of my tank so I have a long side and a short side (back to front) so I had to make sure that when running the gyre, the speed of the pump was greater when running along the long side and then lower the speed when it was going back to front. In essence, I had to sync a pulsing profile to coincide with the directional profile... otherwise, I would end up with a big sand storm if the pump ran high when blowing from back to front.

During the day, I have the pump alternating directions every 30 seconds [DIR_Day]. Then I created the [AGM_Day] profile that pulses the pump every 30 seconds between 60 and 30 intensity. This is so that the pump runs at 60 along the back of the tank and at 30 towards the front (much shorter distance).

Night time is basically the same except it changes directions every 60 seconds

IMPORTANT: To ensure that corresponding Speed Profiles and Directional Profiles run synchronized (and NOT have be out of sync so that they run opposite to each other or one start half way through the other one) each speed profile MUST be an ODD numbered profile slot AND the corresponding directional profile MUST be the NEXT HIGHER EVEN NUMBERED empty profile slot. Then since you want the DIR_Day to sync with AGM_Day, ensure that DIR_Day has Synchronize checked.

For example:

AGM_Day(PF7) // Speed profile located in ODD PF7 profile slot
    DIR_Day (PF8) // Directional profile located in immediate EVEN PF8 profile slot
    AGM_Night (PF9)
    DIR_Night (PF10)

In order for AGM_Day to sync and start at the same time that DIR_Day starts, AGM_Day (speed profile) must be an ODD number and DIR_Day (directional profile) must be the EVEN numbered profile IMMEDIATELY after it.

With that said, here is the programming!

PROFILES

Speed Profiles:

[AGM_Day]
    Control Type: Pump
    Synchronize: No
    Divide by 10: No
    Initial off time: 0
    On time: 30
    Off time: 30
    Minimum intensity: 30
    Maximum intensity: 60

[AGM_Night]
    Synchronize: No
    On time: 60
    Off time: 60
    Minimum intensity: 30
    Maximum intensity: 60

Directional Profiles:

[DIR_Day]
    Synchronize: Yes
    On time: 30
    Off time: 30
    Minimum intensity: 0
    Maximum intensity: 100

[DIR_Night]
    Synchronize: Yes
    On time: 60
    Off time: 60
    Minimum intensity: 0
    Maximum intensity: 100

VarSpd OUTLETS:

For scheduling, I had to do the schedule on both outlets. Unfortunately the APEX does not allow a profile to activate based on another profile running. One cannot say "If Outlet XF150_Spd = AGM_Day Then DIR_Day" because that will error out. Therefor, the only way to ensure that the right speed profile is running in conjunction with it's matching directional profile, is to actually schedule them for the same times. It is a little more time consuming to create but the results are the same.

[XF150_Spd]
    Fallback OFF
    If Time 08:00 to 22:00 Then AGM_Day
    If Time 22:00 to 08:00 Then AGM_Night
    If FeedA 000 Then OFF

[XF150_Dir]
    Fallback OFF
    If Time 08:00 to 22:00 Then DIR_Day
    If Time 22:00 to 08:00 Then DIR_Night
    If FeedA 000 Then OFF

Anyway, this is just a simple program to run the gyre in alternating gyre mode. You can create more profiles and add more schedules.

I apologize if the program is not as clean as it should be. Maybe RussM can just glance at it and clean it if needed.

HTH!

Regular Vistor
    I made some edits to my previous post above: https://forum.neptunesystems.com/sho...ll=1#post80234

Make sure you fresh the page or reread it as I corrected a couple of errors as well as further clarified a few things to make it easier to understand.

Regular Vistor
    Update on dead gyre with icecap interface module. I got my new motor, plugged it in and presto. It followed the program. I just watched a video they CoralVue must have released in the past day or so. They finialy are catching up to the curve and they released a video that is extremely helpful in programming. I can honestly say once they finialy have some great support. Watching it once, I figured out how to program my two gyres. The only difference I will do is start my second gyre pump 20 seconds later. Example: if time 08:00:20 then on. I'll see if that works tomorrow. If you don't know what that means watch the video. Here's the link. I actually found this to be helpful. http://youtu.be/6TEnVLLBcJE

Quote Originally Posted by c5thomas View Post
    The only difference I will do is start my second gyre pump 20 seconds later. Example: if time 08:00:20 then on. I'll see if that works tomorrow.
    It won't. If Time statements use HH:MM, not HH:MM:SS

If you post your programming and profiles, we can help with the best way to get that desired 20-second offset.

Regular Vistor
    That bites. Was hoping to be able to offset. When I reprogram tomorrow. I'll post.

That bites. Was hoping to be able to offset. When I reprogram tomorrow. I'll post.
    Just offset with the profile itself.

Regular Vistor
    The only difference I will do is start my second gyre pump 20 seconds later.

You will need to do two things...

You will need to SET a default profile for your outlet. Then you will need to create a new set of profiles for the second pump and set the "Initial off time" to 20. This will ensure that the profile will be delayed by 20 seconds on the front end. The profile will still stop at the scheduled time (not 20 seconds after) so during those 20 seconds that no profile is being executed, the SET command will have the pump revert to the default profile you specified on the first line of your programming.

Regular Vistor
    Here is the latest video that covers how to connect and program the APEX controller use the module and run the gyre in Alternating Gyre Mode (reverse and forward).

http://blog.coralvue.com/icecap-gyre...ing-gyre-mode/

New User
    Wow Dude thank you thanks

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast