Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Icecap Gyre Interface Module

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by cali9dub View Post
    Again....I thought that the gyre speed outlet was having troubles with "IF TIME" statements ?? Programming starts off looking like its working correctly then deviates. I know how to make profiles and just dictate "IF TIME" statements, but I'm pretty sure there was a problem with that.
    Works fine, follow the example in the blog. Ran for months no problem. U don't need virtual outlet with just one gyre.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by thor2j View Post
    Works fine, follow the example in the blog. Ran for months no problem. U don't need virtual outlet with just one gyre.

thought I needed virtual outlets to be able to adequately use the OSC command.

Regular Vistor
    thought I needed virtual outlets to be able to adequately use the OSC command. Ramping my pump up and down every 2 minutes during the day and every 30 minutes at night. I know I don't want to enter "if time" statements every 2 minutes.
    Nope, no need for Osc, just use pump as type. Use the exact profile, except if u want to change intensities and times, at bottom of blog.

Regular Vistor
    Nope, no need for Osc, just use pump as type. Use the exact profile, except if u want to change intensities and times, at bottom of blog.

i need to use the OSC command to go from 20 intensity to 35 or 40 at night over a period of every 30 minutes. I know it won't let me enter 1800 on time and 1800 off time. I also know it won't let me enter if time statements every half hour for 10 hours as well so I need to use the OSC command. Unless there is a different way to accomplish this.

Regular Vistor
    i need to use the OSC command to go from 20 intensity to 35 or 40 at night over a period of every 30 minutes. I know it won't let me enter 1800 on time and 1800 off time. I also know it won't let me enter if time statements every half hour for 10 hours as well so I need to use the OSC command. Unless there is a different way to accomplish this.
    Ok, not being mean but have u looked at the example, it does EXACTLY WHAT u want. Please try before u keep questioning it. The main guy from gyre is telling u as am I, works PERFECT.

Night Profile

Create a new profile and call it “Night”
    Select “Pump” as Control Type
    Leave “Synchronize” and “Divide by 10” unchecked
    Set “Initial Off Time” to 0
    Set “On Time” to 60 seconds
    Set “Off Time” to 60 seconds
    Set “Minimum Intensity” to 20
    Set “Maximum Intensity” to 30
    Click Update to save

It will do this as long as u have "night" running.

Regular Vistor
    I don't want it to pulse I want it to slowly ramp up and down at a certain rate during the day and up and down at a certain rate at night. I don't want it to jump from 20 to 60 every 2 minutes for 12 hours. What that blog shows won't work.

Regular Vistor
    I don't want it to pulse I want it to slowly ramp up and down at a certain rate during the day and up and down at a certain rate at night. I don't want it to jump from 20 to 60 every 2 minutes for 12 hours. What that blog shows won't work.
    , change the duration.

Sorry, once again not being mean but it's very simple. Change from 60 seconds to 5 hours or whatever u want.
    A pulse is a term , doesn't mean it actually pulses. Most people want it over shorter time to simulate ocean. Dragging it out over hours to go from 20 to 40 will basically blow everything in one direction. Not like the ocean at all.

Regular Vistor
    I have one Gyre with icecap module. Currently i am running it in one direction ramping from 20 to 50% over a 2 minute period all day and night. How would i add a different ramp during the night? say starting at 8pm it ramps from 20 to 35% over the course of 10 minutes??

My current set up

[Gyre] "speed" outlet
    Set Gyre_Up
    If Outlet Gyre_OSC = ON then Gyre_Down

[Gyre_OSC] virtual outlet
    OSC 000:00/002:00/002:00 Then ON

[Gyre_Up] profile
    Ramp
    Ramp Time 2
    Start 20
    End 50

[Gyre_Down] profile
    Ramp
    Ramp Time 2
    Start 50
    End 20

this set up works perfectly during the day unlike how the blog shows it. But the way this is configured I can't figure out the night time OSC because of my SET command is Gyre_Up and that won't apply correctly during the night.

Regular Vistor
    Ramp up and down= pulsing, just what u want

Regular Vistor
    I have one Gyre with icecap module. Currently i am running it in one direction ramping from 20 to 50% over a 2 minute period all day and night. How would i add a different ramp during the night? say starting at 8pm it ramps from 20 to 35% over the course of 10 minutes??

My current set up

[Gyre] "speed" outlet
    Set Gyre_Up
    If Outlet Gyre_OSC = ON then Gyre_Down

[Gyre_OSC] virtual outlet
    OSC 000:00/002:00/002:00 Then ON

[Gyre_Up] profile
    Ramp
    Ramp Time 2
    Start 20
    End 50

[Gyre_Down] profile
    Ramp
    Ramp Time 2
    Start 50
    End 20

this set up works perfectly during the day unlike how the blog shows it. But the way this is configured I can't figure out the night time OSC because of my SET command is Gyre_Up and that won't apply correctly during the night.
    Night Profile

Set “On Time” to 600 seconds
    Set “Off Time” to 600 seconds
    Set “Maximum Intensity” to 35
    Click Update to save

Regular Vistor
    Again. I don't want a pulse. With it set at 2 minutes minimum of 20 and max of 60. It runs at 60 for 2 minutes then switches immediately to 20 for 2 minutes. Not what I am after. Like I posted earlier. The way I have it set runs exactly how I want it, but I can only have it at one OSC all day long. Trying to figure out the 2 different ones. The OSC command as I have it set ramps up and down if you read my programming you'll see. I'm stymied as to how to add additional coding to achieve the same thing at night but with different intensities and times than daytime.

Regular Vistor
    If Time 09:00 to 18:00 Then Pulse
    If Time 19:00 to 08:00 Then Night
    If FeedA 000 Then OFF

Regular Vistor
    Night Profile

Set “On Time” to 600 seconds
    Set “Off Time” to 600 seconds
    Set “Maximum Intensity” to 35
    Click Update to save

you can't enter 600 seconds. I think the max is 255. That's why I'm using the OSC command.

Regular Vistor
    Again. I don't want a pulse. With it set at 2 minutes minimum of 20 and max of 60. It runs at 60 for 2 minutes then switches immediately to 20 for 2 minutes. Not what I am after. Like I posted earlier. The way I have it set runs exactly how I want it, but I can only have it at one OSC all day long. Trying to figure out the 2 different ones. The OSC command as I have it set ramps up and down if you read my programming you'll see. I'm stymied as to how to add additional coding to achieve the same thing at night but with different intensities and times than daytime.
    Start from scratch and follow the example , nothing else I can say. If u have "pulse", it's just a name, and yiur duration is 60 seconds, and goes from 20 to 50 intensity , it will go from 20 to 50 over 60 seconds. GET RID OF OSC, u don't understand them and it doesn't work for what u want.

Regular Vistor
    Start from scratch and follow the example , nothing else I can say. If u have "pulse", it's just a name, and yiur duration is 60 seconds, and goes from 20 to 50 intensity , it will go from 20 to 50 over 60 seconds. GET RID OF OSC, u don't understand them and it doesn't work for what u want.

Pulse is not ramping from 20 to 60 and back down to 20. Like I said it is immediate. I don't care if it's 60 seconds or a million. Go change your pulse to 120 seconds and watch what it does. It doesn't ramp from 20 to 60 it jumps from 20 to 60 at the end of the specified time. I clearly understand what I want and had it set up working exactly as that...an oscillating ramp every 2 minutes from 20 to 60 and every 2 minutes from 60 back down to 20. Pulse will not achieve this.

Regular Vistor
    If u have "pulse", it's just a name, and yiur duration is 60 seconds, and goes from 20 to 50 intensity , it will go from 20 to 50 over 60 seconds.

the above statement is wrong. If duration is 60 seconds and max is 50 and minimum is 20 it runs at 50% intensity for 60 seconds then jumps to 20% intensity for 60 seconds then jumps to 50% intensity for 60 seconds.

Regular Vistor
    Pulse is not ramping from 20 to 60 and back down to 20. Like I said it is immediate. I don't care if it's 60 seconds or a million. Go change your pulse to 120 seconds and watch what it does. It doesn't ramp from 20 to 60 it jumps from 20 to 60 at the end of the specified time. I clearly understand what I want and had it set up working exactly as that...an oscillating ramp every 2 minutes from 20 to 60 and every 2 minutes from 60 back down to 20. Pulse will not achieve this.
    Do u understand pulse is a name and is a pump control profile. U can call it fish if u want. Pulse is a name alone, not a setting. Example works perfect, ran it for 2 months.

Regular Vistor
    the above statement is wrong. If duration is 60 seconds and max is 50 and minimum is 20 it runs at 50% intensity for 60 seconds then jumps to 20% intensity for 60 seconds then jumps to 50% intensity for 60 seconds.
    Wrong. The manufacture is telling u and so am I, works perfect. If u don't follow directions I can't help u. 100s of people if not thousands use it and it works perfect.

Regular Vistor
    Do u understand pulse is a name and is a pump control profile. U can call it fish if u want. Pulse is a name alone, not a setting. Example works perfect, ran it for 2 months.

yup. This is directly from the blog you reference - "
    • 9 am to 6 pm: Pulse for 20/10 seconds at 80/30 speed" correct? This is the pulse (in name only) that you claim will ramp from 80 to 30 over a 20 second period and ramp from 30 to 80 over a 10 second period ? That is the 9:00 to 18:00 then Pulse...correct ???

Regular Vistor
    Wrong. The manufacture is telling u and so am I, works perfect. If u don't follow directions I can't help u. 100s of people if not thousands use it and it works perfect.

Well I have it set up exactly like the blog except I have it set at 2 minutes (120 seconds) and it absolutely doesn't ramp up and down. I'm watching it.

Regular Vistor
    Well I have it set up exactly like the blog except I have it set at 2 minutes (120 seconds) and it absolutely doesn't ramp up and down. I'm watching it.
    Post your entire profile

Regular Vistor
    Okay....here we go...

Gyre Speed outlet:

If Time 08:00 to 09:00 Then Gyre_UpD
    If Time 09:00 to 19:00 Then Gyre_PulseD
    If Time 19:00 to 20:00 Then Gyre_Down
    If Time 20:00 to 04:00 Then Gyre_PulseN
    If Time 04:00 to 05:00 Then Gyre_PreNt
    If Time 05:00 to 08:00 Then Gyre_night

Gyre_UpD :
    type: ramp
    ramp time :60
    start intensity : 20
    end intensity : 60

Gyre_PulseD
    Type : pump
    initial off time :0
    on time :120
    off time :120
    minimum intensity :20
    maximum intensity :60

Gyre_Down
    Type : ramp
    ramp time : 60
    start intensity :60
    end intensity :20

Gyre_PulseN
    type : pump
    on time :15(I can't put in 15 minutes it
    off time :15. Maxes out at 255)
    maximum intensity :35

Gyre_PreNt
    Type: ramp
    ramp time :60
    start intensity :35
    end intensity :20

Gyre_night
    type: pump
    on time :60
    off time :60
    maximum intensity :20

Regular Vistor
    By the way I've been using and programming an apex controller for almost 7 years. I'm fairly well versed on how things work...

Regular Vistor

Regular Vistor
    What cable are u using, which vsp ports

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast