Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Icecap Gyre Interface Module

Regular Vistor
    Where is the gyre power outlet plugged in at, ice cap plugged in where as well

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by thor2j View Post
    What cable are u using, which vsp ports

its not the cable or the vsp ports. I've been using this gyre for 2 years and the module since the day it came out. What I posted both times work exactly as they are intended. The blog you directed me to isn't even set up to ramp up and down continually. It was set to run at 80% for 20 seconds and 30% for 10 seconds from 9am to 6pm. No where does it state, detail or imply that that pump profile will indeed ramp from 80 to 30 and 30 back to 80... If I read it closer I guess I would have known this. What a waste of time. I thought the link I clicked was the one about using OSC (http://blog.coralvue.com/icecap-gyre...ync-anti-sync/). I'm off to read this link instead and try and apply it to what I am after. Thanks for trying to help albeit in the wrong direction...lol.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by cali9dub View Post
    its not the cable or the vsp ports. I've been using this gyre for 2 years and the module since the day it came out. What I posted both times work exactly as they are intended. The blog you directed me to isn't even set up to ramp up and down continually. It was set to run at 80% for 20 seconds and 30% for 10 seconds from 9am to 6pm. No where does it state, detail or imply that that pump profile will indeed ramp from 80 to 30 and 30 back to 80... If I read it closer I guess I would have known this. What a waste of time. I thought the link I clicked was the one about using OSC (http://blog.coralvue.com/icecap-gyre...ync-anti-sync/). I'm off to read this link instead and try and apply it to what I am after. Thanks for trying to help albeit in the wrong direction...lol.
    Maybe u can get somebody who understands it to help. Works fine. Using it for months.

Regular Vistor
    And by the way pump MOST defiently with go up and down when u set different intensities, not just one or the other.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by thor2j View Post
    And by the way pump MOST defiently with go up and down when u set different intensities, not just one or the other.

yup it changes, just doesn't ramp...hence the creation of the ramp profile. Got it.

Regular Vistor
    Ok. Think I finally got it other than being able to OSC at night longer than 255 seconds (I have it set at 240 for ease). This allows my pump, from 9am till 7pm to ramp from 20 to 60 for 2 minutes then back down from 60 to 20 for 2 minutes continuously. Then from 7pm till 9am the pump will ramp from 20 to 35 over the course of 4 minutes then ramp down from 35 to 20 over the course of 4 minutes continuously. Here's my settings starting with the Gyre "speed" outlet then 4 virtual outlets and 4 profiles :
    [Gyre_SPD]
    If outlet OSCDAYD = ON then Gyre_UpD
    If outlet OSCNtD = ON then Gyre_UpN
    If outlet OSCDAY = ON then Gyre_DwnD
    If outlet OSCNite = ON then Gyre_DnN

Virtual Outlets:
    [OSCDAYD]
    Set ON
    If time 19:00 to 9:00 then OFF

[OSCDAY]
    OSC 000:00/002:00/002:00 then ON
    If Time 19:00 to 9:00 then OFF

[OSCNtD]
    Set ON
    If time 9:00 to 19:00 then OFF

[OSCNite]
    OSC 000:00/004:00/004:00 then ON
    If time 9:00 to 19:00 then OFF

Profiles:
    [Gyre_UpD]
    type:ramp
    ramp time : 120
    starting intensity : 20
    ending intensity : 60

[Gyre_DwnD]
    ramp time : 120
    starting intensity :60
    ending intensity : 20

[Gyre_UpN]
    type: ramp
    ramp time: 240
    starting intensity : 20
    ending intensity :35

[Gyre_DnN]
    ramp time :240
    starting intensity : 35
    ending intensity :20

seems to be working as intended. If anyone sees an error let me know....or if someone knows how to set up the night ramping for longer than 255 seconds please let me know. Hope this helps anyone else looking to set their single gyre up this way.

New User
    how can you make it do the pulse motion in between the ramping up and down ???????

New User
    Is there any way to use one of the more complex programs from the other pumps, i.e. Vortech or WAV, for the Gyre power? I'd like to have something like ReefCrest to create some random flow. Tried to set up a profile like this and then have my Gyre power varspd outlet run it, but it didn't work.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by zaid View Post
    how can you make it do the pulse motion in between the ramping up and down ???????
    Create a pulse profile to whatever specs you desire. On the gyre_spd outlet add an "if time" statement after the first statement for that outlet. Say you want pulse from 1pm to 3pm. Add If time 13:00 to 15:00 then pulse. Put this statement in between the first and second statement in my Gyre_SPD outlet. In both gyre day time virtual outlets add If time 13:00 to 15:00 then OFF. In GYREDAYD make it the first statement after "Set ON". In GYREDAY make it the first statement after the OSC statement and before the "if time" statement for the night time

New User
    So, I have my Day/Night SPD/DIR profiles setup correctly and they working fine for a few days. Now it seems like I have to trigger them manually by unplugging the power cable from the module, waiting a few seconds and plugging it back in. Once I do that, the gyre kicks on and runs the assigned profile. I never changed or adjusted any of the profiles or outlet settings. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    Another way to run your Gyres under Apex control is to slowly ramp them up and down in opposition - while one ramps up, the other ramps down, then the ramps switch.

To do this, you use a virtual outlet to control the switching between a ramp up profile and a ramp down profile.

First, the profiles:

[ Gyre_Up ]
    Type: Ramp
    Ramp time: 3
    Start Intensity: 25
    End Intensity: 100

[ Gyre_Down ]
    Ramp time: 3
    Start Intensity: 100
    End Intensity: 25

The virtual outlet:
    [ Gyre-OSC ]
    OSC 0:00/3:00/3:00 Then ON

The Gyre variable speed outlets:

[ Gyre_Left ]
    Set Gyre_Up
    If Outlet Gyre_OSC = ON Then Gyre_Down

[ Gyre_Right ]
    Set Gyre_Down
    If Outlet Gyre_OSC = ON Then Gyre_Up

I used a 3 minute ramp duration in this example; to use other times, modify the profiles and the OSC in the VO - they all must be the same.
    Russ, is there any possibility to use the ramp function but with the Alternate mode ?

Example ramping the gyre on forward mode for 3mn then switch to ramping 3 mn in backward mode.

Cheers!

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by kodo28 View Post
    Russ, is there any possibility to use the ramp function but with the Alternate mode ?

Example ramping the gyre on forward mode for 3mn then switch to ramping 3 mn in backward mode.

Cheers!
    Yes, this video goes over that...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1hc...xyxbcK&index=8

Quote Originally Posted by Carlosreef View Post
    Hi Carlos, I already saw that video.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but that video only shows how to set the alternate mode which is going forward 30% then 60% reverse.
    My question is little more complex and was if there is any way to set ramping mode within Alternate mode. Exemple starting the Alternate mode at 20% forward until 80% for a period let say 30mn then switch the mode to reverse beginning also at 20% until 80% also for 30mn and so on.

Cheers!

New User
    Anyone running a single gyre with the icecap interface module? I got it hooked up today following the Coral Vue video, but something isn't right. The outlet states it is in pulse mode (which it should be this time of day) and the variable speed port is displaying the intensity, but the module has no power when set to "Auto" on both the outlet and variable speed port. When both are "On" the module power is lit up but the gyre does nothing.

Code in both the outlet and variable speed port:
    If Time 09:00 to 10:15 Then Ramp_Up
    If Time 10:15 to 17:45 Then Pulse
    If Time 17:45 to 19:00 Then Ramp_Down
    If Time 19:00 to 09:00 Then Night

Profiles:
    Name: Ramp_Up
    Ramp Time: 75
    Start Intensity: 20
    End Intensity: 50

Name: Pulse
    Type: Pump
    On Time: 1
    Off Time: 1
    Minimum Intensity: 20
    Maximum Intensity: 50

Name: Ramp_Down
    Ramp Time: 75
    Start Intensity: 50
    End Intensity: 20

Name: Night
    Type: Pump
    Initial Off Time: 0
    On Time: 1
    Off Time: 1
    Minimum Intensity: 20
    Maximum Intensity: 20

You cannot use profiles in an EnergyBar outlet. EB outlets can only be ON or OFF. Program it with

Fallback ON
    Set ON
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    You cannot use profiles in an EnergyBar outlet. EB outlets can only be ON or OFF. Program it with

Fallback ON
    Set ON
    That gave me power in the module. Now says "On" instead of "Pulse" when outlet is configured to "Auto". Still no movement with the Gyre though.

New User
    Good Morning
    I am using an Icecap module for Gyre 130 and as an Apex controller.
    I'm new to this type of device.
    I need help setting up my Gyre.
    I have already seen the videos of Coralvue and the explanations of Carlos.
    I chose to use the modified cable (single cable) in the alternate mode.
    My tank is 90cm long and has 200 liters
    IMG_6125.JPG

The Gyre with the manual control (which came with the product) I used at least two lights.
    I do not like a very strong circulation, because of my LPS.
    Coralvue's video programming has very strong circulation.
    I did the proclamation as below:
    day.png
    direção day.png
    noite.png
    direção noite.png

My question:
    I wanted to decrease the interval between the pulses, 3 seconds is very has .... wanted a pulsar not constant, but a little faster ...
    Can someone tell me a better configuration?
    When I left constant the circulation became very strong, even in 20% ...
    I have not yet learned to program correctly
    need help

thank you

Sorry for the mistakes, I'm using a translator
    I'm from Brazil
    hugs

Saulo

- - - Updated - - -

Good Morning
    I am using an Icecap module for Gyre 130 and as an Apex controller.
    I'm new to this type of device.
    I need help setting up my Gyre.
    I have already seen the videos of Coralvue and the explanations of Carlos.
    I chose to use the modified cable (single cable) in the alternate mode.
    My tank is 90cm long and has 200 liters
    IMG_6125.JPG

The Gyre with the manual control (which came with the product) I used at least two lights.
    I do not like a very strong circulation, because of my LPS.
    Coralvue's video programming has very strong circulation.
    I did the proclamation as below:
    day.png
    direção day.png
    noite.png
    direção noite.png

My question:
    I wanted to decrease the interval between the pulses, 3 seconds is very has .... wanted a pulsar not constant, but a little faster ...
    Can someone tell me a better configuration?
    When I left constant the circulation became very strong, even in 20% ...
    I have not yet learned to program correctly
    need help

thank you

Sorry for the mistakes, I'm using a translator
    I'm from Brazil
    hugs

Saulo

New User
    Time less than 3s mine also does not operate
    It turns on but does not operate.

Quote Originally Posted by kodo28 View Post
    Hi Carlos, I already saw that video.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but that video only shows how to set the alternate mode which is going forward 30% then 60% reverse.
    My question is little more complex and was if there is any way to set ramping mode within Alternate mode. Exemple starting the Alternate mode at 20% forward until 80% for a period let say 30mn then switch the mode to reverse beginning also at 20% until 80% also for 30mn and so on.

Cheers!

Any help on this one?

New User
    Hi. New to Apex and still trying to figure things out. Trying to set up my gyres and want to use the wizard. When you set the wizard profile to 40% between 8 and 10, is it constant mode or can you have it pulse or ramp?

I also noticed that I can create a profile type WAV or Vortech. I like the vortech options of reefcrest, tidal swell, lagoon, etc. has anyone tried using them on the Gyres? Will those,programs run on any variable pump?

thanks for the help.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusilier View Post
    No Luck for me... I use the controller that came with the Gyre and have it alternating directions at 10% F and 30%R with the lowest timer (2m) to get a wave effect. Dissappointed with the whole mess.
    I have a Red Sea Max 650 and was hoping to turn off the 4 recirc pumps and the two Tunzes 6095s I have to get a nice wave back and forth like you see in the ocean with less overall wattage.

However, the Gyre actually in reverse is more like a prop going backwards.. It almost just recirculates around the Gyre and doesn't actually flow as intensely as its forward movement due to the nature of the curnIve checked this with marine snow.. So, either way, my initial idea wouldn't happen with just one gyre. I'd get massive one way flow and when the Gyre reverses it kicks out at 45 degrees down and turbulent flow around the Gyre itself (sorta in a anticlockwise loop). This would be more like an On/Off effect rather than a On/Reverse effect. Bottom line.. If you want back and forth ocean movement, I think you need two Gyres opposed running forward at 90 degrees to each other.

I guess I could contact BRS to get a different GYRE, but obviously the damn thing has been in my tank for about 5 days now.

My opinion. Skip the Gyre in reverse mode unless they sell bi-directional vanes, and the controller is pretty much hit or miss depending upon something with the Gyre motor apparently.

Edit: I will say this. The Gyre in forward mode is a monster. Too much flow for my corals. However, a few blasts at 100% really help clean the tank and get Detritus into suspension.
    I have been reading and watching videos and trying to get mine to work.. I finally got the programming right and was trying to do the vertical corner back and forth thing and realized the reverse was just sort of flooding the area rather than flowing outward from the gyre. You are the first one I've seen to say this same thing. I was thinking maybe I had a faulty pump too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by LJC6780 View Post
    I have been reading and watching videos and trying to get mine to work.. I finally got the programming right and was trying to do the vertical corner back and forth thing and realized the reverse was just sort of flooding the area rather than flowing outward from the gyre. You are the first one I've seen to say this same thing. I was thinking maybe I had a faulty pump too.

The blade inserts have a Hand to them. There is a left and a right hand for each Gyre. If you get them backwards then I suppose you could have one side going for forward movement and the other side setup for reverse movement. This would be using the spare blade set that comes with the unit. So when reversing direction it'll always have at least 50% of its blades turning in the correct orientation for flow.

Frequent Visitor
    Anyone else have issues doing short pulses with their Gyres? I have them set up to alternate on 1.5s pulses and what happens is the Left gyre goes on 1.5s, then the right goes on 1.5s, then L for 1.5s, then a 1.5s pause on both, then both go on for 1.5s, then it repeats. It's sort of neat I guess, but not what my intentions were.

Code:
    Name GyreL_Speed
    Type variable
    Program
        Set OFF 
        If Time 08:00 to 20:00 Then G_L_Day
        If Time 13:00 to 14:00 Then G_Pulse
        If Time 20:00 to 08:00 Then G_L_Night
        If Output Feeding = ON Then GyreFeed
        If Output Maintenance = ON Then GyreFeed
        If Output Gyres = OFF Then OFF
    Code:
    Name GyreR_Speed
    Type variable
    Program
        Set OFF 
        If Time 08:00 to 20:00 Then G_R_Day
        If Time 13:00 to 14:00 Then G_Pulse
        If Time 20:00 to 08:00 Then G_R_Night
        If Output Feeding = ON Then GyreFeed
        If Output Maintenance = ON Then GyreFeed
        If Output Gyres = OFF Then OFF
    Code:
    ID 1
    Name G_L_Day
    Type Pump
    Synchronize Disable
    Divide by 10 Enable
    Initial Off Time 0 seconds
    On Time 15 seconds
    Off Time 15 seconds
    Minimum Intensity 25%
    Maximum Intensity 55%
    Code:
    ID 2
    Name G_R_Day
    Type Pump
    Synchronize Disable
    Divide by 10 Enable
    Initial Off Time 15 seconds
    On Time 15 seconds
    Off Time 15 seconds
    Minimum Intensity 25%
    Maximum Intensity 55%
    Code:
    ID 3
    Name G_L_Night
    Type Pump
    Synchronize Disable
    Divide by 10 Enable
    On Time 15 seconds
    Off Time 15 seconds
    Minimum Intensity 25%
    Maximum Intensity 45%
    Code:
    ID 4
    Name G_R_Night
    Type Pump
    Synchronize Disable
    Divide by 10 Enable
    Initial Off Time 15 seconds
    On Time 15 seconds
    Off Time 15 seconds
    Minimum Intensity 25%
    Maximum Intensity 45%
    Code:
    ID 17
    Name G_Pulse
    Type Pump
    Synchronize Disable
    Divide by 10 Enable
    On Time 10 seconds
    Off Time 10 seconds
    Minimum Intensity 40%
    Maximum Intensity 55%

I tried to do minimum 0% and set a max, but it seems they just do this weak pulse over the interval period, so I had to start with something. I tried the same min and max but it seemed to want to run continuously when they were identical, never pulsing.

I also tried using synchronize enabled on ID 2 and 4 to keep them aligned but didn't notice any change, and maybe that's not how synchronize is supposed to work?

All I want is a simple pulse but it's proving difficult for me :-)

Markstubb, enable Sync in all Pump profiles used for the Gyres.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    So all 4 of them? Not just 2 and 4? I had tried to find a manual that explains what sync does outside of coralvue’s videos but couldn’t find it. Was trying to understand how it works

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast