Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Icecap Gyre Interface Module

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    There is a much simpler way. Say you want 2 min ramp up, 2 minutes hold, 2 minutes ramp down, and 2 minutes hold and you want the other one offset by one minute

LeftOSC
    OSC 000:00/004:00/004:00 Then ON

Right OSC
    OSC 001:00/004:00/003:00 Then ON

LeftGyre
    Set RampUp
    If Output LeftOSC = ON Then RampDn

RightGyre
    Set RampUp
    If Output RightOSC = ON Then RampDn

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Zombie, thank you again.
    This is indeed simpler.
    To be complete for anyone else that comes along and reads this...

I modified it to a shorter cycle and no hold after the ramp down.
    I also duplicated the osc vo's so I could do a night version.

LeftOSC
    OSC 000:00/001:00/002:00 Then ON
    If Time 22:00 to 10:00 Then OFF

RightOSC
    OSC 001:00/001:00/001:00 Then ON

LeftOSCNgt
    OSC 000:00/001:00/002:00 Then ON
    If Time 10:00 to 22:00 Then OFF

RightOSCNgt

LeftGyre
    Set GyreUp
    If Time 22:00 to 10:00 Then GyreUpNgt
    If Output LeftOSC = ON Then GyreDown
    If Output LeftOSCNgt = ON Then GyreDwnNgt
    If FeedA 000 Then GyreFeedA

RightGyre
    Set GyreUp
    If Output RightOSC = ON Then GyreDown
    If Output RightOSCNgt = ON Then GyreDwnNgt
    If FeedA 000 Then OFF

I couldn't figure out any other way of doing the night mode stuff.
    If there's an easier way, please let me know.

As is I'm pretty happy with this.
    It ramps the left pump to the max in the ramp up profile and then holds there while the right pump ramps up to the max in the ramp up profile.
    Immediately the left pump ramps down to the ramp down min and then flips to ramp up. The right pump starts to ramp down when the left pump starts to ramp up.
    The affect is that the up profile gives high turbulence between the pumps with one pump holding at max while the other ramps up to max. The down profiles give the normal amount with them crossing at 50% of the min-max ramp range.

I will continue to trial and error what the correct values are for the min and max values in the ramps for my tank but the approach works great.

Thanks again for the help.

New User
    I have a Glamorca GP03 gyre flow pump, these are made under licence of Maxpect. I wish to control it via my Apex and connect via the Icecap Maxpect interface module. Does anyone know if the icecap is compatable with the Glamorca pumps.

Quote Originally Posted by Greensreef View Post
    I have a Glamorca GP03 gyre flow pump, these are made under licence of Maxpect. I wish to control it via my Apex and connect via the Icecap Maxpect interface module. Does anyone know if the icecap is compatable with the Glamorca pumps.
    here's an answer from CoralVue...

https://coralvue.com/support/019949-glamorca

This implies that the Icecap Gyre Interface Module for Icecap 3k pumps will work with the Glamorca 3k.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

New User
    Thank you. I just need to see what model mine compares to so I order the correct module.

Regular Vistor
    Ok, hands up! one question is how do i set up these virtual outlets. The coral view vids are circa 2013 and the screen looks nothing like that. I have the two ice caps, switched out the y cable for a separate "special" cable on each. there are now 4 variable speed outlets in my list. i have programmed radions and vortech with the WXM no problem. I want to make my own version of the OGC i guess. where i can get gyre (up flow on one side and down flow on the opposite side) going for about an hour or two at a time in each direction with maybe a slow 45 min ramp up/down to change direction then stay there for an hour or two. maybe a turbulent period in the middle of the day and then light flow over night. But I think i can figure that out with all of these great posts on here from Zombie and Russ. So i really need to know if i need the virtual outlets. Why can't i just make some profiles like normal and then plug them into those variable outlets. At this point, i can barely get them to turn on. They went through the 100% start up with the ice cap but I had the Y cable on when i did that and they flowed but not in reverse and then when i switched to the two separate cables. I wonder if starting them on a y cable the icecaps fell in paired with the wrong gyre and not cant find them again. Anyway, insight appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by tdlawdo View Post
    Ok, hands up! one question is how do i set up these virtual outlets. The coral view vids are circa 2013 and the screen looks nothing like that. I have the two ice caps, switched out the y cable for a separate "special" cable on each. there are now 4 variable speed outlets in my list. i have programmed radions and vortech with the WXM no problem. I want to make my own version of the OGC i guess. where i can get gyre (up flow on one side and down flow on the opposite side) going for about an hour or two at a time in each direction with maybe a slow 45 min ramp up/down to change direction then stay there for an hour or two. maybe a turbulent period in the middle of the day and then light flow over night. But I think i can figure that out with all of these great posts on here from Zombie and Russ. So i really need to know if i need the virtual outlets. Why can't i just make some profiles like normal and then plug them into those variable outlets. At this point, i can barely get them to turn on. They went through the 100% start up with the ice cap but I had the Y cable on when i did that and they flowed but not in reverse and then when i switched to the two separate cables. I wonder if starting them on a y cable the icecaps fell in paired with the wrong gyre and not cant find them again. Anyway, insight appreciated.
    VOs are one of the icons in the outlets page that says "create virtual outlet" when you hover over it on the new apex.

If you use individual cables, channel 1 and 3 are intensity and channels 2 and 4 are direction. OFF is forward, ON is reverse.

Regular Vistor
    thanks as always!!

Frequent Visitor
    So I'm pretty happy with this setup but I have one small thing I'd like to fix if possible.
    In my ramp down profiles I go all the way down to 0 because I want the pump to completely stop so the opposing pump can get maximum gyre/circulation.
    I know it will stall before it hits 0 and am fine with that except it seems that sometimes it won't restart when it flips to the ramp up profile.
    Just to be clear, both of the ramp up profiles Start at 25 and go up...

So the question:
    Is there a way to detect when the VDM has dropped below a threshold (25%) and just set it to 0?

Something like:
    LeftGyre
    Set GyreUp
    If LeftGyre < 25 Then OFF

The above doesn't work...

Quote Originally Posted by CoralFan1776 View Post
    So I'm pretty happy with this setup but I have one small thing I'd like to fix if possible.
    In my ramp down profiles I go all the way down to 0 because I want the pump to completely stop so the opposing pump can get maximum gyre/circulation.
    I know it will stall before it hits 0 and am fine with that except it seems that sometimes it won't restart when it flips to the ramp up profile.
    Just to be clear, both of the ramp up profiles Start at 25 and go up...

So the question:
    Is there a way to detect when the VDM has dropped below a threshold (25%) and just set it to 0?

Something like:
    LeftGyre
    Set GyreUp
    If LeftGyre < 25 Then OFF

The above doesn't work...

The only way to do what you ask is if you happen to have an unused 0-10V port to act as a "virtual varspd".

Frequent Visitor
    Well I do have an open varspd port in the head unit that I could use. How do I make it a virtual var port?

Are you saying the problem is that the port can't check itself and if I run the same programming on another port that I can check it?

Frequent Visitor
    I tried checking port 1 from port 2 and couldn't figure out how to make it take it so I guess that's not it.

Quote Originally Posted by CoralFan1776 View Post
    Well I do have an open varspd port in the head unit that I could use. How do I make it a virtual var port?

Are you saying the problem is that the port can't check itself and if I run the same programming on another port that I can check it?
    Pretty much. If it checks itself, then the moment speed goes below 25%, it would just get stuck at zero because the line is always true. This is the basic process. The two varspds need to be identical except for the percent line.

GyreSpd
    (The code you have now)
    If Output GyreTrigger percent < 25 Then OFF

GyreTrigger
    (The code you have now in speed)

I use a slightly modified approach myself, where I set the desired percentage in the wizard to create my overall intensity, and when the virtual one goes within certain percentage ranges, it triggers different pump or ramp profiles. Once set up and I have to do is adjust the wizard.

New User
    Hey everyone! I connected my two Ice Cap Gyre 3ks to my new Apex controller with two Gyre Interface Moduals on one Y cable. I downloaded the BRS 160 Scheme for now - My Gyres are running, but in reverse and I'm not sure how to fix it. Any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by michaelstevenbrice View Post
    Hey everyone! I connected my two Ice Cap Gyre 3ks to my new Apex controller with two Gyre Interface Moduals on one Y cable. I downloaded the BRS 160 Scheme for now - My Gyres are running, but in reverse and I'm not sure how to fix it. Any advice?
    Make sure you pushed them in all the way. The gyres are only supposed to run in reverse when the ring of the connector has voltage.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    Pretty much. If it checks itself, then the moment speed goes below 25%, it would just get stuck at zero because the line is always true. This is the basic process. The two varspds need to be identical except for the percent line.

GyreSpd
    (The code you have now)
    If Output GyreTrigger percent < 25 Then OFF

GyreTrigger
    (The code you have now in speed)

I use a slightly modified approach myself, where I set the desired percentage in the wizard to create my overall intensity, and when the virtual one goes within certain percentage ranges, it triggers different pump or ramp profiles. Once set up and I have to do is adjust the wizard.

Thanks zombie.
    That works.
    I really hate that it uses an actual var speed port up but for the moment it wasn't in use anyway...

I also was missing the keyword 'percent' but then it would have been at 0 all the time for the reason you point out.

So your approach is interesting. I may have to play with that...

Regular Vistor
    EDIT: I decided to remove the SET ON statement and it immediately dropped to match my programming. Why is that? I thought I understood the SET command.

I am not sure if I should start a new thread or not.

So I have the icecap gyre 1k and the interface module. This is my third module as the first two were DOA and they had to go in and change the programming for some reason. Anyway, finally it seems to be working except I am having some issues programming in Apex and it not responding.I just setup it up with the Apex and had a basic program where it would start the day at 10% and then go up to 35% as peak later in the day and then back down to 10% during the night.

So I decided I wanted to change the 25% to 30% from 19:00 to 23:59. I changed it and hit the upload to cloud button and then all of a sudden the pump started running at 100% blowing the substrate around. This is the problem. Why would it run at 100%? I have nothing in the programming for it to run at 100%. This is my program when I switch display from basic view to wizard. I have had to shut it off because I can't have it running at 100%.

Fallback ON
    tdata 00:00:00,0,0,10,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
    tdata 06:00:00,0,0,20,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
    tdata 10:00:00,0,0,30,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
    tdata 15:00:00,0,0,35,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
    tdata 19:00:00,0,0,25,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
    tdata 23:59:00,0,0,10,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
    Set ON
    If Output LeakDetector = ON Then OFF
    If FeedA 015 Then OFF
    If FeedC 010 Then OFF
    Defer 002:00 Then ON

I also notice that the programming lines changed location after I uploaded. Meaning I had all the time and flow programming at the bottom and then it moved it up below the fallback statement. Why?

The Set ON is what made it go to 100% (ON = 100%). The Set statement must have been something you added in the wizard's Advanced tab program box. None of the graphic wizards insert a Set statement because Set is never used in conjunction with tdata, the programming generated by the wizards.

Every wizard puts Fallback at the top of the raw programming, then all tdata statements in chronological order, which is then followed any additional programming you have entered which is used to override the schedule.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    The Set ON is what made it go to 100% (ON = 100%). The Set statement must have been something you added in the wizard's Advanced tab program box. None of the graphic wizards insert a Set statement because Set is never used in conjunction with tdata, the programming generated by the wizards.

Every wizard puts Fallback at the top of the raw programming, then all tdata statements in chronological order, which is then followed any additional programming you have entered which is used to override the schedule.
    Thanks Russ. I copied from my other powerhead coding but those are Aqamai and have their own controller so they wouldn’t be affected by that statement like the gyre. And then I question if I even need that statement on those.

Regular Vistor

Check my thinking

First thanks for all the answers here! I spent a ton of time trying to go through it, the coralvue videos, and the things what have changed since. I am sure I missed something.
    So I have been working on my programming and also at the same time trying to put together a help sheet for those that are not as technical. So any edits would be helpful.

I have 2 gyres that are horizontal from each other on a 300DD tank with 2 icecaps using 1 Y-cable in front mode only.

Gyre.jpg

For now I have a day and night mode with different power settings but the same OSC.

Profiles:
    Gyre_Up
    Type: Ramp Ramp time: 1 Start Intensity: 25 End Intensity: 85

Gyre_Down
    Type: Ramp Ramp time: 1 Start Intensity: 85 End Intensity: 25

GyreUpNgt
    Type: Ramp Ramp time: 1 Start Intensity: 25 End Intensity: 40

GyreDwnNgt
    Type: Ramp Ramp time: 1 Start Intensity: 40 End Intensity: 25

Day

LeftOSC
    OSC 000:00/001:00/001:00 Then ON

RightOSC

Night

LeftOSCNgt
    OSC 000:00/001:00/001:00 Then ON

RightOSCNgt

I know it was said here buy Zombie that you need to check sync now but the only place I saw to do that was when I setup a Pulse profile. On the ones above there was no option for that. Did I miss something?

Also I initially used the BRS160 Scheme but have now posted the code above into the Variable ports for the respective Gyres. Will that screw anything up? The reason i ask is when I click the gear for the Variable outlets I still see the BRS graph but I know the code is up there. Did I miss something?
    BRS.jpg
    Thanks

Frequent Visitor
    I don't think sync is used for ramp profiles so no worry there.
    Yeah the wizard stuff does some "magic". As long as you don't see TDATA statements in your basic view then you should be good.
    I don't know that I have much else to add. It looks good to me as long as you understand what it is going on.
    I found it very helpful to draw a picture of the cycle for each pump to see how it was working and then overlay it on the cycle for the second pump.
    After doing a drawing I increased the cycle time so I got more turbulence when the pumps crossed in the ramp.

Frequent Visitor

calibration cycle

[QUOTE=Carlosreef;80156]When you first connect the module to your gyre, it will run a calibration cycle for 10 seconds. It will run the pump at 100% while it tests the pump and selects the best setting to run your particular pump. Once that is done, you should have no issues with the box.

When I did this at first I don't think it ran the calibration cycle can you start over again to see if it dose do it?

New User

IceCap Module

Thank you for the video I followed it today. However my right Grye isn't as strong as my Left one. Also when the Pulse speed isnt showing?

Regular Vistor
    Are you monitoring the power of each and seeing if that is true? If so then I would contact CoralVue.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensreef View Post
    Thank you. I just need to see what model mine compares to so I order the correct module.
    Did u find that you could use a coral vue controller to attach and program the glamorca gp03 to the apex?

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789