Thread: Apex Fusion Feeder AquaController (AFS)

MikeL

Apex Fusion Feeder AquaController (AFS)

Hello - I need some help.
    I recently had to replace my Main Controller after 3 years of operation and Most of my back up programming is working however my Feeder is not, below is the program I have intended to feed twice a day, one at 8AM est and one at 6 PM est. Can someone tell me if this is correct ? It is not working.

OSC 000:00/000:30/000:30 Then ON
    If Time 00:00 to 08:00 Then OFF
    If Time 08:02 to 18:00 Then OFF
    If Time 18:02 to 00:00 Then OFF
    If FeedA 000 Then ON

Thanks
    Mike

Have you set the outlet to AUTO ? Do you see a solid green light at the back of the feeder ?
    Alain

MikeL
    Good Morning Alan - Thanks for the reply
    On the outlet setting, from the main dashboard it is set to Auto and shows Off current state, I DO have a solid green light on the Feeder and when I force it to actuate from the main dashboard, (move to on) it actuates.

If you press the FeedA button , do the feeder rotate ?
    Alain

MikeL
    Quote Originally Posted by Alain B View Post
    If you press the FeedA button , do the feeder rotate ?
    Hi Alain - sorry for the delay, Yes, I just pressed it on the dashboard and the feeder activated>

Does your controller clock match your home time ?
    Alain

MikeL
    Actually, it does not. It says 12:42:05 PM and I am Eastern Time here in Boston.

MikeL
    This is the screen shot on the Clock Set up.

Most likely the cause , set the controller clock at -5 GMT as i beleive Boston is the same time as montreal . you must be feeding the fish in the middle of the nite . Also auto clock to enable and dst enable , update and reboot .
    Alain

MikeL
    Most likely the cause , set the controller clock at -5 GMT as i beleive Boston is the same time as montreal . you must be feeding the fish in the middle of the nite . Also auto clock to enable and dst enable , update and reboot .
    Hi Alain -

I will do that now, is the Time Clock Setting Value -5GMT or -5:00 ? It was already -5:00 but I never rebooted the system after I set it > ?

Mike

Make sure auto clock and dst are enable also , update then reboot after .Yes -5:00 is good .
    Alain

MikeL
    Make sure auto clock and dst are enable also , update then reboot after .Yes -5:00 is good .
    OK, I set it to -5:00 and tried it a few times and it defaults to -5.00 and when I rebooted the time shows as 14:13:32 which I believe is 1:13:32PM Est correct >?

Nope its 02:13:32 , have you enable auto set and dst ?
    Alain

MikeL
    Sorry, my bad, you are correct, 02-13-32 was correct. I have set both Auto Clock Set and DST to enable and getting same result.
    I even tried to Disable both Auto Clock Set and DST then set time to -5:00 and save and it reverts back to -5.00 with the improper time. The firmware version I have on the controller is 4.33_BD14
    Very Confused >

Mike

Are you checking time on fusion or from the native web page ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Alain

Quote Originally Posted by mlieb View Post
    OK, I set it to -5:00 and tried it a few times and it defaults to -5.00 and when I rebooted the time shows as 14:13:32 which I believe is 1:13:32PM Est correct >?
    Enter -5 or 5.00, not 5:00 in the time zone field. It is not a time; it is an offset from GMT/UTC in hours.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

MikeL
    Native Web Page,
    I just updated the firmware to the latest version 4.34_4F15 and updated the web pages as instructed and getting the same time results after rebotting and it now seems I have lost the graphs on the Temp and PH on the Dashboard however I am getting the actual totals for temp and PH. Is is possible then when I restored my prior settings config onto the new controller from the one that failed I created some confusion on the new one ?

MikeL
    Thanks for Joining on on assisting me here Russ.
    I also tried -5 with saved result displayed @ -5.00 and the time is off for my time zone.

Quote Originally Posted by mlieb View Post
    Native Web Page,
    I just updated the firmware to the latest version 4.34_4F15 and updated the web pages as instructed and getting the same time results after rebotting and it now seems I have lost the graphs on the Temp and PH on the Dashboard however I am getting the actual totals for temp and PH. Is is possible then when I restored my prior settings config onto the new controller from the one that failed I created some confusion on the new one ?
    If you have restore some setting from a back up from a previous controller , yes it is very possible that something is not right . It all depend on what process did you used to replace the controller brain .
    Alain

MikeL
    If you have restore some setting from a back up from a previous controller , yes it is very possible that something is not right . It all depend on what process did you used to replace the controller brain .

Good Morning -
    The process I used was once I had the new controller installed and it was recognized, I put the static IP address on it, verified all the other network settings and saved the configuration, once the unit came back up, using the Web Portal under Load/Save I Chose my latest backup config file that has my settings saved. It was from a previous controller and firmware of course which may be part of the problem but not really sure, I did not take note how many firmware revisions there was before I reloaded my config file and at this point out of ideas how to get this thing to behave. What do you think is the best course of action ?
    Thanks for helping out.
    Mike

If you have change the controller " brain " with this process , it is quite possible that your modules addressing was renew and modules and outlets would be at a different address making a back up reload impossible . You will need to verify all your outlets manually for the proper programming .

Alain

There is a special process that Neptune support use to replace a " brain " without causing those issues . Were you instructed by support to do this in accordance with their instructions ?

Alain

Also, make sure the time in APEX Fusion match the time on your webpages. If they do not, you will also have issues

MikeL
    I did not follow any instructions to Re-Load my config files once I installed the replacement controller. I assumed, improperly it appears that I could Re-Store the config that was saved once I was communicating with the controller. I have checked all my modules and Outlets which were also updated last night and all seems well, they took the upgrade and I am getting steady greed lights on the controller and EB8 Power units.
    I think I need to blow this away clean and start over with a fresh Firmware Upgrade, make sure the clock is correct first then, reconstruct all my settings which I have documented onto a spread sheet thankfully.
    Any suggestions on this process ?

Contact support. They can remote in and reassign module numbers so the old config will still work. Personally, I think a replacement controller is a good time to rekey you programming and reevaluate how everything is done for improvements sake, since support is really the only way (that doesn't take a complex knowledge of how the apex works internally) to directly swap out a head unit and that will take a couple days.