Thread: TRENDnet TV-IP612P Camera

Regular Vistor

TRENDnet TV-IP612P Camera

I have been on this forum for a little while now and have gotten some valuable information. However the one thing that is kicking my butt is being able to integrate my camera into Fusion so I can view it away from home. It's not in my nature to give up but it's getting close. I have a TRENDnet TV-IP612P camera. I can see the camera on my PC, iPhone, iPad and Fusion when connected to my home network. I have been unsuccessful at viewing the camera away from my home network.

What I think I have done so far (not necessarily correctly):

Set camera address to static
    Changed camera port (was 80 the same as APEX, didn't think that was correct)
    Enabled port forwarding on my router and added camera port
    Have established a dyndns.com address

I'm sure to have missed something that is preventing me from seeing my camera. I've tried so many things I may just need a step by step starting from scratch. I'm not even sure if I'm typing in my camera address correctly. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Post screen shots of the camera network settings and the port forwarding in the router please. Also tell us the router model.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    Thanks for taking a look at this Russ.
    The Router is a Comcast Technicolor TC8305C
    Router info
    Router.jpg
    Camera info
    Camera.jpg

I do not see anything wrong. You don't need both TCP and UDP forwarded, only TCP; but that won't keep it from working.

When you test, are you trying from your home network, or are you trying, for example, from a smartphone with WiFi turned off so you are using cellular data?

PM me both your public IP address and your dyndns hostname if you'd like me to try a test. You can find the public IP address in the router - it is probably listed on the Gateway->Status page. You can also just visit http://www.ipchicken.com to see it.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    I tried from work using my iPhone and iPad but on works WiFi not cellular. PM sent.

It did not work for me either.

Try these changes your configuration:
    • Pick a new random 4-digit port number > 1027; don't use repeating numbers like 5555, 6666, 8888, etc.
    • Change the camera IP address to 10.0.0.111 and assign the new http port number (then reboot the camera
    • Delete then recreate the port forwarding using the new port and the new IP address. Use TCP only.

Regular Vistor
    Done. Port 3714. IP 10.0.0.111

Regular Vistor
    Thank you Russ for getting this sorted out for me. Much appreciated