Thread: First?

Frequent Visitor

First?

Am I the only non-beta tester with a shiny new starter kit in my hands?

Regular Vistor
    Could be. Mine shipped out yesterday.

Frequent Visitor
    I received mine from Marine Depot yesterday. They will be wet today. Packaging is great. I like the build quality. They are smaller than my Tunze 6105s. I really like how they disassemble for cleaning. Looking forward to seeing what they can do....

Frequent Visitor
    Got mine today. Firmware update Failed. For now, these pumps will remain dead silent and dry, although I may Cry!!!

Frequent Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwag222 View Post
    Got mine today. Firmware update Failed. For now, these pumps will remain dead silent and dry, although I may Cry!!!
    could be please be more specific of Firmware update fail..????...the Apex Firmware, the 1Link Module Firmware or the WAV Firmware

What steps did you do when you got the Firmware update fail?
    Jon

Frequent Visitor
    Mine are wet. I was already running 4.40. Each pump also needed a firmware upgrade.

Running on Mavericks right now at about 80%. I have an Elos 160XL tank which is 63L x 31.5W. 200 gallons.

Pretty nice so far. If they are as durable as the Tunze Streams we have a winner here.

The Fusion interface is nice.....though I mainly use it for monitoring and not configuration. I do like the FLO meter and I did some testing on the alarms. The alarms are a very nice touch. You can pretty much program any pattern you want and the built in patterns are pretty much all the standard stuff that we have all been doing for years. I have never had Vortechs, so I don't know how the built in patterns compare (and I don't care since I am coming from Tunzes).

I do wish the we could control the cycle time in Rincon mode.

What will Tunze do?

Kwag222 started another thread about his/her issue updating firmware.

So let's let this thread get back on track with more bragging about who got their WAVs already
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    Kwag222 started another thread about his/her issue updating firmware.

So let's let this thread get back on track with more bragging about who got their WAVs already
    Sorry missed that one...

I truly love the power that the WAV pumps puts out in such a small package and offers features that the Vortech does not offer..... that the WAVs do like if the water level drops below the pump they turn off automatically...

The WAV's are great welcome to have so much control over the pump & info about the flo rate of the pumps at different times of a programming Neptune has got an excellent product here and I hope for all of those chomping at the bit to get this product in the Spring and was debating on going to the Vortech QD's.....I will say it was WELL worth the wait for the WAV's.......IMHO!!!!
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by jonmos75 View Post
    Sorry missed that one...

I truly love the power that the WAV pumps puts out in such a small package and offers features that the Vortech does not offer..... that the WAVs do like if the water level drops below the pump they turn off automatically...

The WAV's are great welcome to have so much control over the pump & info about the flo rate of the pumps at different times of a programming Neptune has got an excellent product here and I hope for all of those chomping at the bit to get this product in the Spring and was debating on going to the Vortech QD's.....I will say it was WELL worth the wait for the WAV's.......IMHO!!!!

As usual : Jon said it all !
    Alain

Regular Vistor
    Got mine in Canada, surprised the supplier has stock

I love the WAV so much, but at the same time I only need 1 in my tank "I think", super quiet and I can't tell when it's running except in pulse mode, I can hear a click when the motor stops!

My Vortech MP10W was so loud, I upgraded to QD and it was better but still loud. I love how Apex gives feedback how the pump is doing.