Thread: WAV manufacturing

New User

Question WAV manufacturing

I'm thinking of adding 2 WAVs to my system. Already have 2 Gyres in the 180, but perhaps a little new flow pattern here and there would not hurt.

But before I do that I would like to know a little about who makes these etc. since Neptune haven't made powerheads before. Did you work with some established manufacturers of pumps, experienced engineers from some other companies?

And on a side note, has any issues been discovered with the pumps yet? I'm starting to be a little weary of buying first editions of things now. On the Gyre I got louder mount and broken coating on the cord at the base of the pump, with DOS I got bad rollers Of course all of that mostly got replaced for free (still waiting on the reply about the Gyre's cable).

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by raidendex View Post
    I'm thinking of adding 2 WAVs to my system. Already have 2 Gyres in the 180, but perhaps a little new flow pattern here and there would not hurt.

But before I do that I would like to know a little about who makes these etc. since Neptune haven't made powerheads before. Did you work with some established manufacturers of pumps, experienced engineers from some other companies?

And on a side note, has any issues been discovered with the pumps yet? I'm starting to be a little weary of buying first editions of things now. On the Gyre I got louder mount and broken coating on the cord at the base of the pump, with DOS I got bad rollers Of course all of that mostly got replaced for free (still waiting on the reply about the Gyre's cable).

Thanks!
    I dont know where Neptune get this made for them , one thing i know : I am running them for nearly six weeks now , and i took out my Vortech after 4 weeks . They are quiet , powerfull ( more then the Vortech ) , easy to program and i would not hesitate for a minute to recommend them .
    Alain

Frequent Contributor jrlamountain's Avatar
    I've been running mine for a month with no hardware issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    I'm glad to hear these pumps are running well. Still gonna wait a bit before buying. My guess and this is only a guess, is that sicce manufactures the pump. I say this because they look like the big brother to the xstream e pumps that sicce release this year. They have similar 3 blade impeller and locking plate.

Terrance: If I guessed right do I get a prize. Maybe a WSK (jk). A hat

New User
    http://www.sicce.com/prodottiDettagl...idprodotto=116

Sure does. Although those pumps are ac, they shape is very similar so likely they used same design for flow just switched to dc motors.

New User
    So without official reply I'm going to assume that they are designed and made by children in a sweatshop somewhere! ;P

So without official reply I'm going to assume that they are designed and made by children in a sweatshop somewhere! ;P
    Probably .
    Alain

Frequent Visitor
    http://www.sicce.com/prodottiDettagl...idprodotto=116

Sure does. Although those pumps are ac, they shape is very similar so likely they used same design for flow just switched to dc motors.
    the xstream e is a dc pump. the rest of the line is ac.

That's fine with me if it keeps the price down.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor LobsterOfJustice's Avatar
    These days, what isn't?
    180g reef with all the bells and whistles