Thread: Neptune Return Pump

Frequent Visitor
    I bought the M1 for my new build. Should be just fine

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

New User
    February 11 and no COR

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    Just get the Vectra M1, I have mine coming this week. The COR must have a lot of bugs in it, if they are taking so long to launch

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

My bet is Neptune has been dumping all its resources into other projects and letting the cor sit. The cor will be released sometime in the next couple of years.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

New User
    starting a new build soon, really didn't want to have to go with the Vectra but it looks like they're leaving no choice.

Frequent Visitor
    i dont get why everyone thinks the vectra (a non-apex controllable pump) is the only choice? this isn't reef central, no need to shill ecotech all day. Lol...there's numerous apex compatible pumps out now....

aquamedic dc runner would be my first choice, RO Varios is another option....abyzz and red dragon at the high end of the market. i'm still waiting for the COR because I already have a pump that i'm just not 100% happy with (rlss waveline dc6000, has apex support, but it's bugged and i don't use it), i can wait as long as this pump lasts for the COR, haha. but if you were seriously doing a build now, there are plenty of new interesting options that are out now AND are apex controllable, unlike the vectra.

personally i'd rather support companies that are putting out apex compatible products. and i hope ecotech gets that message.

Quote Originally Posted by Xero View Post
    i dont get why everyone thinks the vectra (a non-apex controllable pump) is the only choice? this isn't reef central, no need to shill ecotech all day. Lol...there's numerous apex compatible pumps out now....

aquamedic dc runner would be my first choice, RO Varios is another option....abyzz and red dragon at the high end of the market. i'm still waiting for the COR because I already have a pump that i'm just not 100% happy with (rlss waveline dc6000, has apex support, but it's bugged and i don't use it), i can wait as long as this pump lasts for the COR, haha. but if you were seriously doing a build now, there are plenty of new interesting options that are out now AND are apex controllable, unlike the vectra.

personally i'd rather support companies that are putting out apex compatible products. and i hope ecotech gets that message.
    I agree completely.

ditto on that. I run the Waveline 12000 with no issues and it's Apex controllable...

Frequent Visitor LobsterOfJustice's Avatar
    Another ditto... I am happily using a waveline controlled via apex... very disappointed in ecotech that they still have no intention of making their pump apex controlled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    180g reef with all the bells and whistles

Hamburg Mattenfilter
    How many models of the COR will be available and what are the GPH ratings?

New User
    The reef octopus varios works well enough for us. I like their range of sizes. And you can snag an icecap module Y cable from coral value to connect two pumps to one neptune dimming port. I wanted to hold out for the COR, but these other ones work great.

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by Xero View Post

I supported waveline when I got into reefing 3 years ago, I bought two of their pumps, a DC-5000 (RMA replaced with a 6000) and a DC-3000.

I didn't have a great experience with them. The DC-5000 stopped working all together and I was RMA'd a 6000. A year ago I was cleaning the tank and noticed the 6000 was rusting where the body meets the volute. The 3000 was only used about 6 months before I sold it.

Ecotech got good reviews from what I can tell and is in my price range. I don't think it's the only choice, but part of me feels that commenting on these forums that I've waited so long for the COR and am now looking at their competitors may light a fire to get them moving. May be wishful thinking, we'll see.

Frequent Visitor
    ya i don't entirely like my waveline either, mainly, the buggy apex support - my issue came doing power off testing - if i had the apex plugged in and cycled power on it, the pump did not reliably turn back on 100% when the apex cable was plugged in. it'd sit there flashing some error half the time. i also noticed that when the apex cable was plugged in, even at 100% in apex, the pump didn't run as fast as when set to 100% manually on the pump's controller. ultimately I decided not to use the apex support, and i just leave the cable unplugged. i consider these fatal flaws in the waveline's apex support, so that feature is useless to me now. i just cycle the outlet during feed mode.

I know with something like the COR there will be no such weirdness as it's meant to run with the apex from the start. my guess is that some of these manufacturers didn't leave some wiggle room with that 0-10v range and without that, it's not smart enough to run at max when it's getting 9.9v or something. i don't even know if they are still making the wavelines, it seems as they go out of stock, they've stayed out of stock, at any place that carried them....

but there are other cheap alternatives that exist now, as of somewhat recently, that do have apex support. the aquamedic dc runner and ro varios would be my top apex-compatible choices on a budget. i think the varios8 is maybe 200-300gph less than an L1, but it's the most comparable GPH wise, and you've got both aquamedic and varios options that can compare to the M1's ratings. i really like the clear volute on those aquamedic. and i think it'd be wise of us to support companies that continue their commitment to the 0-10v standard or other apex compatible control methods. i don't think threatening neptune to buy ecotech is really the solution there either though. truth be told i'm sure they want this thing out as soon as possible since all these new pumps coming out is just adding more competition to the market....

lol, i won't go into reviews, many review sites are flat out paid, and some reef forums are sadly not much better. i've only subjective experiences to offer, but I do not think they are quite up to say bubble king red dragon / abyzz grade, but aren't repackaged chinese either (ala jebao/waveline.) They had a leg-up on the DC pump market for a while, but there's been a whole bunch more players coming into the game as of the past few months. current usa is even making a dc pump now, though sadly not apex compatible, but i bet you it's just as good quality wise as an ecotech. will be curious to see how the reviews pan out on all these new pumps coming to market. if anything, that should be the biggest inspiration for neptune to get the COR out, the sooner they get it out, the less pumps they'll compete with. Most of the real big major aquarium players have still yet to release a DC pump, that's another big thing that could happen. Fluval, marineland, aqueon, eheim, etc....a mass produced DC return pump from one of these companies could very well set the tone of the market. I'll probably hold for a COR regardless just cause i'm not in a rush and i love the native integrations over anything else.

JayHawkScott
    Anything new on the release date of the COR? Getting ready to build my new system and will need a return pump. Been waiting on the COR now for over a year, starting to wonder if it will ever really happen.

I need a new return pump as my current one is getting weak. Would really like a cor but if my 10 year old pump dies I'll have no choice but to buy another brand.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Any updates since RAP Orlando and RAP New York?

Regular Vistor
    I heard from one of the beta testers that this is going out to them. So I would guess that it shouldn't be much longer before it's released to the public.

An inside source told me it will be out in September of this year.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    How do you become a beta tester for Neptune? Any update on the return pump release date?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by alexnyc22 View Post
    How do you become a beta tester for Neptune? Any update on the return pump release date?

Terrance now posts a sign up link on the forums (and I believe facebook as well) with an application when they are ready for and need beta testers. Experience, expertise, size of system, and forum activity are all taken into account.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    Terrance now posts a sign up link on the forums (and I believe facebook as well) with an application when they are ready for and need beta testers. Experience, expertise, size of system, and forum activity are all taken into account.

Is it an open app or is it something he posts when he’s looking for testers?

Quote Originally Posted by alexnyc22 View Post
    Is it an open app or is it something he posts when he’s looking for testers?

It's something he posts.

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    It's something he posts.

Cool thank you.

New User
    Does anybody have a update on when the COR 1 or COR 2 will be available to purchase? i saw a video back in sept 2016 that said it would be released end of 2016.

I heard end of next month.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast