What size outlet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1-1/4”!

Quote Originally Posted by LobsterOfJustice View Post
    What size outlet?

3/4" and 1 1/4"

In the picture DrPaul posted the left small coupling is the standard 3/4" output, the next is a 1" input coupling, and the last is a 1 1/4" oversized union if you want to get the most flow out of the pump.

Quote Originally Posted by eschulist View Post
    3/4" and 1 1/4"

In the picture DrPaul posted the left small coupling is the standard 3/4" output, the next is a 1" input coupling, and the last is a 1 1/4" oversized union if you want to get the most flow out of the pump.
    The output of the COR is 1.25”; the supplied 1.25” union should be considered the standard (and preferred) fitting. The 3/4” adapter fitting is an option to use for those that have smaller plumbing.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Frequent Visitor
    I am looking for a new return pump for my Red Sea Reefer 250 (recommended flow is 660 gph). Would the smaller COR be good fit assuming it can be run at a lower flow rate? Current return line is 3/4".

Frequent Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesreich View Post
    I looking for a new return pump for my Read Reefer 250 (recommended flow is 660 gph). Would the smaller COR be good fit assuming it can be run at a lower flow rate?
    Yes I think it would be

Frequent Visitor
    The COR is variable speed pump so you can dial it up or down however much you would like.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    Thanks for the info.

Frequent Visitor
    My entire new system, which I am in the process of setting up still has almost all Neptune gear. I really wanted to go with the COR 20 when it comes out, but not sure it going to be enough for me. My tank though not fancy saltwater like the rest of you. It all discus. The tank itself is 220 gallon, which 20" Synergy Reef Overflow, which is rated at 2500 GPH. My return is split out at my sump 1.25 all the way to the top of the tank where it drilled into the back with 1" bulkheads which go into 3/4 loc-line. The sump is 75 gallons. Height of tank an stand is about 5.5 feet. Do you guys think the new COR 20 would work or I will need to get something else?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fishstix View Post
    My entire new system, which I am in the process of setting up still has almost all Neptune gear. I really wanted to go with the COR 20 when it comes out, but not sure it going to be enough for me. My tank though not fancy saltwater like the rest of you. It all discus. The tank itself is 220 gallon, which 20" Synergy Reef Overflow, which is rated at 2500 GPH. My return is split out at my sump 1.25 all the way to the top of the tank where it drilled into the back with 1" bulkheads which go into 3/4 loc-line. The sump is 75 gallons. Height of tank an stand is about 5.5 feet. Do you guys think the new COR 20 would work or I will need to get something else?

Thanks
    It should actually be overkill for that size tank. You only need 1250 gph after head loss, which the COR is more than capable of.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Frequent Visitor
    I’m thinking of doing the COR 20 as well when it comes out for my new sump set up

NSI Member
    My COR 20 is installed, and it’s as near silent as one can hope for! Even quieter than my VarioS 8 Pump, and it was about as direct of a replacement as one could ask for as far as fitment !

Frequent Visitor LobsterOfJustice's Avatar
    Interested in the programming options with this pump. I'm hoping for some kind of feedback loop with the FMM and flow sensor. For example, program in the desired flow rate on a given sensor and the pump will adjust its setting accordingly.

180g reef with all the bells and whistles

Frequent Visitor
    Does the COR have a separate power supply cord? How does it connect to the Apex?

Frequent Visitor
    The COR-15 is powered via either the 1LINK module (Apex Classic) or EB832(2016). The COR-20 comes with a power brick. COR-20 model can be ran standalone or attached to the apex for controlability and monitoring. COR-15 needs to be connected to Apex. The driver is connected to the Apex via an Aquabus cable that is included with the pump. Just plug it into an existing open slot, and away you go.

*sorry Terrance. i corrected this post
    Last edited by Debacle; 08-22-2017 at 08:14. Reason: Terrance corrected me.

Frequent Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Debacle View Post
    The COR-15 is powered via either the 1LINK module (Apex Classic) or EB832(2016). The COR-20 comes with a power brick. Both models can be ran standalone or attached to the apex for controlability and monitoring. The driver is connected to the Apex via an Aquabus cable that is included with the pump. Just plug it into an existing open slot, and away you go.
    The COR-15 cannot be run standalone. It requires an Apex with a free 1LINK port either on a 1LINK module or on an Energy Bar 832.

The COR-15 has the advantage of a single cable with no power supply to worry about. It does 1500gph.

The COR-20 has a power supply, can push 2000gph, and can be run standalone.

Both have the same physical dimensions.

Frequent Visitor
    Is there a screenshot available that shows the Apex Fusion control tile for the pump?

NSI Member
    Is there a screenshot available that shows the Apex Fusion control tile for the pump?

Here is mine

Frequent Visitor
    Has pricing been set for the 15 and the 20?

Has pricing been set for the 15 and the 20?
    Watch MACNA announcement on Friday. All that along with any upcoming products will be revealed there.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

Frequent Visitor
    Any update for the COR pump today?

Frequent Visitor
    I am hugely excited that the beta units went out. I am deeply sanded that I am apparently not in the inner circle(NSI Team). But I'm still a control freak. I'll eagerly await the commercial release...

Quote Originally Posted by MHG View Post
    I am hugely excited that the beta units went out. I am deeply sanded that I am apparently not in the inner circle(NSI Team). But I'm still a control freak. I'll eagerly await the commercial release...
    I was also at first(saddened).. Now.. Lol, not so much.. I figure honestly, they choose who they choose.. And, though I love my apex, I sort of have this thing when I used to work betas.. I used to feel "loyal to the brand", and what I mean by that, is through thick and thin.. Lol, but alot of times, when things got thick for me, after all that loyalty, the company got thin.

Not saying Neptune well or will not, or fall into either category.. Just saying that, if I choose to do something and spend, any way I choose, I'm clear and sound that I don't owe anything to anyone.. On top of that, if it's like any of the testing /beta that I participated in for years, it was pretty intense, with feedback, reports, and other things that honestly took up a lot of time and money(it always sounds good looking through the glass), but I spent a lot of time, money and effort(sleepless nights, etc) on testing.. And I don't know.. Maybe I'm just getting old.. Lol

There's

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Frequent Visitor
    Any update? My return pump just crapped out on me.

Just read your message and I worked as a District manager of a software company and I did bets all the time signed up for them did all the required reviewers and testing and on and on. It actually felt like keeping up with the Jones's
    i finally gave it up
    im excited about the COR only because I believe in the APex itself

No cor for me. My main return pump died last night so I have to buy a new pump today. I can't wait for the cor to be released, I need it now. And please don't tell me to buy a cor and keep the pump I buy today for a back up.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast