Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WAV Intensity

The INVERSE mode is not intended to work when the master set at constant , try another mode on your master pump and you will notice how it work .
    Alain

Quote Originally Posted by Alain B View Post
    The INVERSE mode is not intended to work when the master set at constant , try another mode on your master pump and you will notice how it work .
    Well said, Alain.

It really doesn't make much sense to me to use Inverse of Constant. Inverse does the reverse of the pattern assigned to the Reference Pump; the way I look at it, Constant has no pattern so to speak. Inverse is best used (and works as described) when used with the complex modes which do have a varying pattern, i.e. Mavericks, Rincon, Trestles, etc.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

I think the point is the docs lead us to believe differently.
    Regards
    Michael

NSI Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    Well said, Alain.

It really doesn't make much sense to me to use Inverse of Constant. Inverse does the reverse of the pattern assigned to the Reference Pump; the way I look at it, Constant has no pattern so to speak. Inverse is best used (and works as described) when used with the complex modes which do have a varying pattern, i.e. Mavericks, Rincon, Trestles, etc.
    One more try to explain what I am talking about. I only used constant a an example since it is really the simplest pattern. Instead let's look at pipeline since it only has 2 states. It runs at the max intensity you set, and alternates with 0 (or whatever low value it uses, I don't know for sure it is 0). So at 100% for the master and the slave at 100% inverse it will look like this: when the master is at 100% the slave is at 0, and when the master is at 0, the slave is at 100. Now here is where the confusion is. Which of these is true if the master is set to 20% and the slave is still set to 100%?

1) When the master is at its max of 20% the slave is at 80% (100%-n). When the master is at its low value of 0, the slave would be at 100%.

2) When the master is at its max of 20% the slave is at 0% (opposite of the master's pattern). When the master is at its low value of 0, the slave would be at 20%.

The manual sounds like #2, but it appears to me it runs like #1.

Inverse works as described in the manual and Fusion help for the modes which actually do vary. Constant doesn't vary so there is no pattern to do an inverse of.

Alain already correctly explained how Inverse (and Mirror) works.

Pipeline is 0% (OFF) when at the low part of the pattern.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholb View Post
    One more try to explain what I am talking about. I only used constant a an example since it is really the simplest pattern. Instead let's look at pipeline since it only has 2 states. It runs at the max intensity you set, and alternates with 0 (or whatever low value it uses, I don't know for sure it is 0). So at 100% for the master and the slave at 100% inverse it will look like this: when the master is at 100% the slave is at 0, and when the master is at 0, the slave is at 100. Now here is where the confusion is. Which of these is true if the master is set to 20% and the slave is still set to 100%?

1) When the master is at its max of 20% the slave is at 80% (100%-n). When the master is at its low value of 0, the slave would be at 100%.

2) When the master is at its max of 20% the slave is at 0% (opposite of the master's pattern). When the master is at its low value of 0, the slave would be at 20%.

The manual sounds like #2, but it appears to me it runs like #1.
    Make it simple on you : think simple and use pulse . INVERSE 100 % will reflect the exact opposite of the master .

As this :

download.jpg
    Alain

Frequent Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholb View Post
    but it appears to me it runs like #1.
    Appears is too vague....how are you coming up with appears (by feeling the pumps or are you seeing these numbers on the fusion tile) if so post a picture of that and while you are at it post a picture of the Module page to we can check to make sure your FW is up to date
    Jon

NSI Member
    More playing with it tonight. It is hard to see the changes as the panels don't update fast. #2 is what is happening except when in constant mode, which as said is really not applicable for inverse. That is what was confusing me. When I first set up I left the overnight at the default of a low constant. So now I have one pump set to 100% inverse and the other going through various intensities and modes through the day.

Frequent Contributor
    I agree that fusion is to hard to see the rapid changes in the pumps so when I get into these types of diagnosis I use the classic dashboard as it gives real time adjustments....

Jon
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Zechirian View Post
    Any chance we can get some pictures of how you had it set up and the wave patterns you had programmed?
    I don't know if any pics were taken that would show the WAVs clearly - the tank had a black background so the WAvs kinda blended in. Here's a quick sketch of how the 3 WAVs were positioned on the demo tank:

RSR450_WAVs.png

The locations and orientations of the WAVs were mostly intended to show different mounting/positioning options - the programming used was really just a wide variety of modes.

Regular Vistor
    These pumps are very powerful,but easy to tune to your liking. I have a 90gal reef tank with Soft corals only and my FLO rate is 4.8. I have both pumps mounted on the back of the tankpointing toward the front glass at a 15% downward angle. The flow bounces of the front glassback onto my corals and they love it. My Rose anemone has spread out quit a lot since I added the WAV pumps. The pumps also have a very wide flow radius compared to my other pumps. If you are going to mount them on smaller tanks, the back is by far the best location I have found to date, they blend into myblack background seamlessly. Just need to make sure your rocks are low enough inthe tank to allow the flow to pass over them.

I placed the pumps about 3 inches below the water level of my tank. I decided to add a delay to the pumps,otherwise they will spray water all over the place if my main pump fails or ifthe power goes out.

Frequent Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by whittb View Post
    I placed the pumps about 3 inches below the water level of my tank. I decided to add a delay to the pumps,otherwise they will spray water all over the place if my main pump fails or ifthe power goes out.
    You must just be right on the boarder as if I lower my water level the tank the WAVs detect this and will turn off automatically....
    Jon

Regular Vistor
    I know. It’s nice to be ableto remove the pump for cleaning and not have to turn it off.
    When my tank shuts down I lose1 ˝” of water level. So that leaves me with 1 ˝” of water above the WAV pump. Theyare still covered, but not enough to keep them from sucking in air. That’s why Ihave the delay.

Frequent Contributor
    makes sense....
    Jon

Frequent Visitor
    Does the graph on the WAV that is being used in inverse mode need to be put at opposite points of the graph as the other WAV? Basically the same as the 2 sine waves that Alain B posted?

I don't understand why we would need to change the graph manually when the inverse mode should do it for you. Maybe I'm way off?

Here is how I have mine set up right now. Am I correct in having the graphs on each WAV exactly the same but choosing Inverse on one of the WAV's?

Screen Shot 2015-10-11 at 12.28.20 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-10-11 at 12.28.59 PM.png

Capture.PNG

To run inverse and to reflect EXACTLY the power of the master pump : it need to be set has this for the time period you would want the INVERSE mode to run . In this particular case the INVERSE is running all day and is reflecting the power of the master pump .
    Alain

Frequent Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by Tuffloud1 View Post
    Yes it the slave will run the exact opposite of the master from 14:04 to 21:05 . The part that is running CONSTANT can also be set on MIRROR as it "mimick" the master pump .
    Alain

Frequent Visitor

Yep that will work and it will reflect the master pump in MIRROR and INVERSE . Setting it Constant was also right , both will work .
    Alain

Frequent Visitor
    Yep that will work and it will reflect the master pump in MIRROR and INVERSE . Setting it Constant was also right , both will work .
    Thanks for the help!

Frequent Visitor
    Alain B,

I'm using the last settings I posted and for some reason, this is what my dashboard is reading. Why are the percentages so far off? 4% and 30%. At 21:25, the percentages don't reflect where they should be on the graphs. It makes no sense.

Screen Shot 2015-10-12 at 9.27.00 PM.png

Frequent Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuffloud1 View Post
    Alain B,

I'm using the last settings I posted and for some reason, this is what my dashboard is reading. Why are the percentages so far off? 4% and 30%. At 21:25, the percentages don't reflect where they should be on the graphs. It makes no sense.

Screen Shot 2015-10-12 at 9.27.00 PM.png
    It looks correct as Ricon is (A complex mode consisting of a long slow rise and fall in intensity, followed by another at roughly half the intensity of the first; the cycle then repeats. Each cycle lasts approximately 87 minutes) so if Ricon starts at 21:05 @ 38% on the left WAV and at 21:25 the left pump was probably on the low side of the Ricon program and since your right wav is 100% inverse it would be on the higher side of the Ricon program
    Jon

I don't see anything wrong. Those percentages do make sense. At 21:25 Rincon mode is in effect and it varies in intensity quite a bit - between 1% and whatever you have as max intensity for that point in time.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by RussM View Post
    I don't know if any pics were taken that would show the WAVs clearly - the tank had a black background so the WAvs kinda blended in. Here's a quick sketch of how the 3 WAVs were positioned on the demo tank:

RSR450_WAVs.png

The locations and orientations of the WAVs were mostly intended to show different mounting/positioning options - the programming used was really just a wide variety of modes.
    How is the middle WAV attached to the overflow? Can the outside magnet be submerged in water like in an overflow?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast