Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: WAV Intensity

Quote Originally Posted by jporter View Post
    How is the middle WAV attached to the overflow? Can the outside magnet be submerged in water like in an overflow?
    The outside magnet can be submerged if you so desire.

Quote Originally Posted by jonmos75 View Post
    Yes I have two Wavs running on my 65G with NO rocks moving around....did have to glue the corals in place, but that should have been done anyhow...lol

I had to adjust my hitting the glass and that also gives you a wider flow pattern...I love my WAV pumps....

Don't jump ship yet I had to mess with my settings and placement for over a week to get all dialed in the way I want it and I still tweak it here & there...just be patient and start real low on the power...
    Can you post a picture your tank? I would like to see the location of you WAV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Need help, in theses setting should the heads be off or really, Really soft? http://prntscr.com/gd0qj9

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Reef View Post
    Need help, in theses setting should the heads be off or really, Really soft? http://prntscr.com/gd0qj9
    Off

You might be an engineer if...You have no life and can prove it mathematically.

thats what I thought in auto power heads are still going and way to strong even for one I just got the 2016 and the WAV's how do I make it right, Reboot? or something else

Go to Basic View and copy/post the entire program.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Basic View? What a Nightmare this 15 min setup was supposed to be., 3 days later

http://prntscr.com/gd3eyl also found water flow I adjusted to 55 gal. does the powerheads have to run for an hr or so to sync with tank volume?

You have the outlet in AUTO right? That could very well be your problem if you don't.

Yes both are in auto, its just a storm in the Tank, will shut them off manually soon because I dont know how to set up Time limit or on,off yet I hoping when adjust the Intensity in an hr or so they will work much smoother?

Actually, I think I may have seen your problem (might not though). It appears your Tata is not matching your wizard as you should have 6 seperate lines of Tata and it looks as though you have a single line that runs at 100% at some kind of mode (don't know which as there isn't a reference for Tata, just patterns I have seen).

Go back to the wizard, set it how you want and upload the code (it appears you may not have completed an upload).

If that doesn't fix it I have seen some threads where someone told the user to reset the pump and that fixed the issue. Since I don't own a WAV I don't know what the process is, but it's something you can try.

Thank you, I will try that too, I just found Schemes I'm trying a 55 Gal. set up and getting a better Idea on The wav's I think lol

I have a 65G tank that is 36" long and my max setting is 45%
    Just notice this, I have 65 gal. 48" long I cant go more than 3%
    http://prntscr.com/ge00wo FLO
    http://prntscr.com/ge01p2 Intenseity
    http://prntscr.com/ge03rv Tata
    Can someone tell me if its a hardware, software or Operator problem?

Frequent Contributor
    It is all about placement in your specific tank, I have mine mounted on the back wall and the flow is hitting the front corners of the glass dispersing flow in all directions

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
    Jon

It is all about placement in your specific tank, I have mine mounted on the back wall and the flow is hitting the front corners of the glass dispersing flow in all directions

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
    can you show a pic? once i fix camera i show my placement but i really dont think it matters in this circumstance i cant even get to 10% without destroying the tank

Regular Vistor
    I read the whole thread, so if I'm bringing up something that's already been settled, my apologies. I've been using two WAVs, both of them in back corners, down about 4 inches from the top and angled at the front glass (1/3 the way towards middle), relatively speaking. I feel like I like the placement, but even when I turn both the pumps down to 1%, they still blow far too hard. I have a 90 gallon (reefer 425 deluxe XL) and it seems like every time I start these things up, they are too much for the tank. If I turn either past 5%, it's hurricane Irma.

so, I simplified my schedule with just two points: 12 AM to 12 AM, with mavericks on my Left and inverse on my Right. The left is running at 3% in the right, in verse, 2% maximum.

My question: is there any way to slow the pumps down below 1% (literally or effectively)? With the size my tank, I thought these would be just fine, but boy do they blow! LOL

NSI Member
    No way to go below 1%, but you may find the tank has less of a hurricane after a few weeks of using them. I have a 110g and remember everything blowing around when I first put them in. Then the sand settled down. Now I run 100% maverick during the peak of the day with no problems. The fish and corals love the high level of water movement. My RTBA's have moved to right in front of one of the WAV's so they get the full blast.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234