Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 12v backup for WAV

Quote Originally Posted by Rsaalman View Post
    To resolve this do I need to add a line to all other outlets and modules to turn off on battery power? such as: If Power EB8_3 OFF 001 Then OFF
    If the EB8 is not plugged into the UPS (not UPC) then there is no need to use an If Power statement in outlets of that EB8 because there will be no AC power to those outlets when there is no power combining into the EB, therefore this devices plugged into the EB already have no power.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

Regular Vistor
    How would the setup differ with a New Apex controller. I have and EB8 and the new bar that came with the system EB832.

Quote Originally Posted by untico View Post
    How would the setup differ with a New Apex controller. I have and EB8 and the new bar that came with the system EB832.
    It works exactly the same.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

New User
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    It works exactly the same.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    But what if the wav is connected to the 1link on the eb832 and no 1link module? Then every outlet will drawing power on the UPS, right? Will anything know the eb832 is on backup power?

Does plugging the ac adapter on the EL or new brain into a UPS help matters? I remember reading that you can detect a power outage this way but the eb won’t have power to run the wav.

New User
    So I have a 1link which I have an icecap battery backup V2 plugged into. I have my wavs set to go to Wav_UPS, I have my alarms all set but when I turn off my mains power the apex light turns green straight away and nothing works.
    Any idea what I have done wrong? Sorry about PM :-/

Frequent Visitor
    Old thread...

I think I'm getting a handle on how to go about this now...

I have two of the newer energy bars and I'm trying to anticipate summer storms here in FL, and making the assumption they will both lose power at some point or another. I have 6 WAV's, and basically want to keep those running while power is down to buy me some time.

Am I on the right track with my plan?

-I have a Neptune Apex (obviously) and it's daisy chained into the system using the aquabus , and I was going to get the 12v plug for it, and then plug that into the UPS.
    -I was going to plug both 1-Links that the WAV's are plugged into, into the same UPS.
    -Then add code that says if the EB's see no power to lower the WAV's to min power.
    -The router and modem are already plugged into their own UPS

I think that should do it as the bare minimum life support.

No other coding necessary since the EB's will be cut off from power anyway, right? No need to tell the Apex to shut anything down if the power goes out?

Sound about right?

NSI Member
    That might work, but is not how the Apex power monitoring is designed. The 12v adapter should be plugged into an outlet that will lose power. Then you turn on power monitoring in the Apex and use the Power command.

The last section of this tutorial talks about how to set that up.

https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/neptun...onitoring.698/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12