Thread: can't get Foscam video in Apex fusion

Regular Vistor

can't get Foscam video in Apex fusion

Hi, I got my foscam working and can view it on Google Chrome. I've typed http://xxxx//cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?c...r=xxxxpwd=xxxx into Google Chrome and Firefox, but I get a 400 bad request error code. I'm on a Windows 8 laptop.

any suggestions

your command will only set the substream format to ie mjpeg. you only set that once.

to embed your video to fusion try the following syntax. i use it on my foscam 8910 and it works:

http://your.ipadress:your.port/video...d=yourpassword

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
    C​hris

Regular Vistor
    thanks for the reply, that url didn't work in Apex either

i assume you have your port forwarded on your router/firewall?

C​hris

Regular Vistor
    yes, I can view the video over the internet,

you can view from the internet with the url/link you use or you use an app to access your cam?

C​hris

Regular Vistor
    I can view it over the internet by typing in the IP address

Regular Vistor
    I opened the port, but still can't get video in apex. I think it has to do with the addresses it put in from the post listed below.
    Here's what I got working with a Foscam FI9821 V2 (you can get them here: http://www.amazon.com/Foscam-FI9821W...ds=foscam+9821

These instructions assume you've first setup your camera on your network per Foscam's instructions and that you can operate the camera via it's built-in web server and your favorite browser. It assumes you've set a userid and password and if necessary changed the default port. If you follow Foscam's instructions you'll know what I mean.

This camera has the ability to produce two streams but out of the box both streams are HD. So first, you have to set the sub stream to MJPEG. Note however that since this is a HD camera, the MJPEG video is of much higher quality than a camera like the FI8918 (which I have 2 of as well, one in the stand and one monitoring the room). In fact, with Fusion you can add all 3 cameras and Fusion will cycle between their streaming feeds like a slide show.

Do this one time from your browser:

http://Your_Camera_IP_Address:Port/cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=setSubStreamFormat&format=1&usr= User_Name&pwd=Password

You should receive this in return:

<CGI_Result>
    <result>0</result>
    </CGI_Result>

Now, setup a media stream with this:

http://Your_Camera_IP_Address:Port/cgi-bin/CGIStream.cgi?cmd=GetMJStream&usr=User_Name&pwd=Pa ssword

If you get streaming video back, then you're good to add it to Fusion. Take the above URL and put it into a new media stream in Fusion.

Note: This has been tested on both Firefox and Chrome although it seems to work much better in Firefox. If you have trouble in Fusion, try it in a regular browser page first and make sure you refresh the page. Also, the HD MJPEG takes a few seconds to buffer up - so give it a bit of time - may take 10 - 20 seconds to start.

Add a new Media stream with the '+' button

Kevan
    Quote Originally Posted by gtrange View Post
    I opened the port, but still can't get video in apex. I think it has to do with the addresses it put in from the post listed below.
    Here's what I got working with a Foscam FI9821 V2 (you can get them here: http://www.amazon.com/Foscam-FI9821W...ds=foscam+9821

These instructions assume you've first setup your camera on your network per Foscam's instructions and that you can operate the camera via it's built-in web server and your favorite browser. It assumes you've set a userid and password and if necessary changed the default port. If you follow Foscam's instructions you'll know what I mean.

This camera has the ability to produce two streams but out of the box both streams are HD. So first, you have to set the sub stream to MJPEG. Note however that since this is a HD camera, the MJPEG video is of much higher quality than a camera like the FI8918 (which I have 2 of as well, one in the stand and one monitoring the room). In fact, with Fusion you can add all 3 cameras and Fusion will cycle between their streaming feeds like a slide show.

Do this one time from your browser:

http://Your_Camera_IP_Address:Port/cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=setSubStreamFormat&format=1&usr= User_Name&pwd=Password

You should receive this in return:

<CGI_Result>
    <result>0</result>
    </CGI_Result>

Now, setup a media stream with this:

http://Your_Camera_IP_Address:Port/cgi-bin/CGIStream.cgi?cmd=GetMJStream&usr=User_Name&pwd=Pa ssword

If you get streaming video back, then you're good to add it to Fusion. Take the above URL and put it into a new media stream in Fusion.

Note: This has been tested on both Firefox and Chrome although it seems to work much better in Firefox. If you have trouble in Fusion, try it in a regular browser page first and make sure you refresh the page. Also, the HD MJPEG takes a few seconds to buffer up - so give it a bit of time - may take 10 - 20 seconds to start.

Add a new Media stream with the '+' button

ty soo very much.. been wanting to hook my foscam forever and this finally did the trick! thankyou.. +rep

New User
    After multiple attempts, I am unable to connect. I have changed the password on the camera, but then when I try to type that password in, it does not recognize it, and I end up resetting the entire camera and starting over again. Any ideas? I have a Foscam F1890W and a Macbook Pro. My router is a Netgear. I would like to use an app on my phone for remote viewing (which app?) or use it on my ipad. I do have it usable wirelessly in my house via my Macbook, but I am unable to view it on any other device. Please advise, I'm ready to throw it out the window! I have already tried the port forwarding and it worked, however I cannot see it outside my own home wireless.

Regular Vistor
    Quote Originally Posted by lmax8rn View Post
    After multiple attempts, I am unable to connect. I have changed the password on the camera, but then when I try to type that password in, it does not recognize it, and I end up resetting the entire camera and starting over again. Any ideas? I have a Foscam F1890W and a Macbook Pro. My router is a Netgear. I would like to use an app on my phone for remote viewing (which app?) or use it on my ipad. I do have it usable wirelessly in my house via my Macbook, but I am unable to view it on any other device. Please advise, I'm ready to throw it out the window! I have already tried the port forwarding and it worked, however I cannot see it outside my own home wireless.
    When you put in the IP address, what address are you using? Are you using the IP address from the camera, or the public IP address on your router? The IP address that's on the camera will only be available inside your home network. To get to the camera from outside (and to include it on your Fusion dashboard) you need to setup the port forwarding to go from your router's public address to your camera's IP address (and port), then use the router's address in the URL's you listed.