Thread: Petition to change reputation status

Petition to change reputation status

I noticed that many of the large contributors such as myself, BertL, AlainB, etc. still don't have master control freak status. I suggest changing the algorithm that decides that status so that number of posts and reputation comments are both taken into account (since rarely anyone ever does the reputation comments now that most everyone uses tapatalk). Maybe something like every 100 posts counts as a reputation comment.

I agree. I am on through tapatalk most the time. I actually didn't know there is a rep section. Next time I am at a pc, I will rep you zombie

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    Current: 120 Gallon Peninsula DIY system.

Interesting. Didn't even know there was such a thing. It's that little star thingy at the bottom left corner of a post?
    Regards
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mmn View Post
    Interesting. Didn't even know there was such a thing. It's that little star thingy at the bottom left corner of a post?
    No. The star thingy is how you subscribe to a thread. I don't even know how to do rep comments myself since I'm on almost exclusively on tapatalk.

While hovering over the star thingy, this is the pop that comes up.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Regards
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by zombie View Post
    No. The star thingy is how you subscribe to a thread. I don't even know how to do rep comments myself since I'm on almost exclusively on tapatalk.
    The star is how you make a reputation comment about the user.

By default, a user is automatically subscribed to a thread he/she started or replied to. To subscribe to a thread without posting (or to unsubscribe from a thread), use the Thread Tools menu which appears above the posts when viewing a thread - there is no Subscribe button.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

The reputation system relies on users to make positive (or negative) feedback. It would be nice if more people did that. But with so many users using TapaTalk, it has not really been used very much.

I did just make some changes to the scaling for the number of reputation points needed for each level.

Post count will never be a factor in the reputation-based ranking system.
    Please do not send me PMs with technical questions or requesting assistance - use the forums for Apex help. PM me ONLY if the matter is of a private or personal nature. Thanks.

As an after thought, I agree with you RussM. Although rare here, a high post count does not mean they are reputable users. Nice to hear that the levels have been adjusted. I think it should fall on the moderators to manually adjust users accordingly as well. We all know the users noted above are trustworthy when asking for advice. Heck, makes me feel good when ever you guys agree with advice I give.

I live on tapatalk mostly, but I get caught up in my own site and rarely get to post here. The members mentioned above should have their status updated, just my $0.02

Frequent Visitor LobsterOfJustice's Avatar
    Huh, never knew!
    180g reef with all the bells and whistles

Handing out a few rep points tonight now that I am sitting at an actual computer. zombie has helped me out loads over time and with support on the harness when I have not been available. Thank you zombie, you are always around.

Kudos to all those who made rep comments (my rep score doubled). I did notice while scrolling through the members list, that several members have "custom" headlines instead of the standard ones. Is there any way to access and change that, or was that an old feature that went away?

Kudos to all those who made rep comments (my rep score doubled). I did notice while scrolling through the members list, that several members have "custom" headlines instead of the standard ones. Is there any way to access and change that, or was that an old feature that went away?
    You can access it...I put mine back to default the other day. I just can't remember and I am on my phone. Obviously in your settings somewhere, I believe in your about you page

I did just think of something. What about incorporating tapatalks "thumbs up" feature? That would make reputation easily accessible from phones.

I did just think of something. What about incorporating tapatalks "thumbs up" feature? That would make reputation easily accessible from phones.
    I thumbs up a lot, not sure if it does anything

Classic User
    Why do you folks use tapatalks instead of just working the forum from a browser? What added benefit do you get from it.

Classic User
    Kudos to all those who made rep comments (my rep score doubled).
    How did you find your rep score? Where is it?

Classic User
    I did notice while scrolling through the members list, that several members have "custom" headlines instead of the standard ones. Is there any way to access and change that, or was that an old feature that went away?
    Settings / edit profile ...
    Scroll down to optional information section ...
    custom user title...
    Enter your new title into box ... And save.

Quote Originally Posted by fab View Post
    Why do you folks use tapatalks instead of just working the forum from a browser? What added benefit do you get from it.
    Mostly bandwidth and speed. I also am on 5 different forums on Tapatalk. I like the notifications and several other useful features.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by fab View Post
    That's like asking why do you use sms instead of just irc to message someone.

The layout is much cleaner and easier to use then a browser when viewing a forum on a phone.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Classic User
    Sorry BigJim, I'm just not as savvy as you seem to be, but I do ask when I know I don't know something.